55 minutes ago, The Lost Order said:

Does anyone know who Thaidakar's master is? In RoW Mraiz talks about how his master is Thaidakar but he also has a master. Thaidakar being a cognitive shadow really the only higher rank would be godhood. Which would also mean that the ghostbloods are ruled by a god. Any thoughts?

No one tells Thaidakar what to do - not even Brandon, lol! (By Brandon’s own admission, no less!)

Mraize’s master is Iyatil. Iyatil has her own master, whom Shallan assumes is Thaidakar. We don’t actually know that this is Thaidakar. Thaidakar is the ultimate master of the Ghostbloods. 

1 hour ago, Debarra said:

It does seem Thadikar isn't the only leader they have. I imagine he's instead in like a team of sorts, he just happens to be at the top of the food chain for Mraize's particular position.

There is no way Kelsier is allowing anyone to be on equal footing with him. There may be regional leaders under him, but Kell is 100% in charge. His personality won’t allow it to be otherwise.

4 hours ago, Debarra said:

It does seem Thadikar isn't the only leader they have. I imagine he's instead in like a team of sorts, he just happens to be at the top of the food chain for Mraize's particular position.

My interpretation of that WoB is that ‘Thaidakar’ literally means ‘a leader’. It’s a title, not a name. Just like ‘Mraize’. It’s a rank or title within the Ghostbloods. 
Maybe ‘Sovereign’ or ‘Survivor’ phonetically sounds like ‘Thaidakar’ in Scadrian. (Scadrianesse?)

51 minutes ago, Dannex said:

My interpretation of that WoB is that ‘Thaidakar’ literally means ‘a leader’. It’s a title, not a name. Just like ‘Mraize’. It’s a rank or title within the Ghostbloods. 
Maybe ‘Sovereign’ or ‘Survivor’ phonetically sounds like ‘Thaidakar’ in Scadrian. (Scadrianesse?)

Survivor and Thaidakar do have the same number of syllables.

It amuses me to imagine that Kell’s penchant for bestowing nicknames has become a Ghostblood by-law, and that’s why none of them use their actual names.

Edited by Kingsdaughter613

14 hours ago, Kingsdaughter613 said:

There is no way Kelsier is allowing anyone to be on equal footing with him. There may be regional leaders under him, but Kell is 100% in charge. His personality won’t allow it to be otherwise.

Unless Thaidakar is Kelsier AND Harmony. Harmony with Kelsier as the "avatar" and usual face.

20 minutes ago, Kingsdaughter613 said:

Kelsier has never willingly served anyone but himself. I highly doubt that’s changed. He’s too autonomous to serve Autonomy, lol!

I know, right? There’s that word ‘willing’ ;P

I have toyed with this identification of Thaidakar for a couple of books now, and can’t say the so-called reveal is very satisfying. It sounds a lot like when my wife was reading WoA and asked me directly if (Well of Ascension spoiler)

Spoiler

The kandra was the spy,

and my face told her everything she wanted to know <pulls hair>. Honey, if you don’t want to get spoiled don’t ask so many questions!

I guess that’s the risk of coming on here, isn’t it?

9 minutes ago, Xaladin said:

I know, right? There’s that word ‘willing’ ;P

I have toyed with this identification of Thaidakar for a couple of books now, and can’t say the so-called reveal is very satisfying. It sounds a lot like when my wife was reading WoA and asked me directly if (Well of Ascension spoiler)

Hide contents

The kandra was the spy,

and my face told her everything she wanted to know <pulls hair>. Honey, if you don’t want to get spoiled don’t ask so many questions!

I guess that’s the risk of coming on here, isn’t it?

I guessed it back WoR. It just felt like him. (Shrugs) So I feel pretty vindicated regarding my instincts.