Anniversary Game 7/Anonymous Game 9: From Embers, A Flame

Elbereth

2 minutes ago, Onyx Flamingo said:

if someone is invested in by preservation, they can’t take actions!! axolotl was the investee of pres, so they couldn’t do any actions.

Nor could any of the eight of us on Shadesmar. There is, as far as I can tell, no reason to assign greater suspicion to Axolotl than any of the rest of us.

Moderately strong village read on Onyx for this misconception, however.

29 minutes ago, Onyx Flamingo said:

okay, so, we’re all really excited to go after gecko and the shadesmar eight, right?? well, i’ve got bad news (or good maybe)!! i was told last turn that axolotl was invested by preservation!! mighty suspicious that it happens right when we’re missing an elim kill and/or a splintering!!

Alright,

This is true. It stopped my worldhopping, but not any action. How did you come across this information, Flamingo? I don't appreciate you outing how I can be killed by the OCs. As Gorilla said I'm no more suspect than any of the other eight people on Shadesmar.

Edited by Violet Axolotl

11 minutes ago, Violet Axolotl said:

Alright,

This is true. It stopped my worldhopping, but not any action. How did you come across this information, Flamingo? I don't appreciate you outing how I can be killed by the OCs. As Gorilla said I'm no more suspect than any of the other eight people on Shadesmar.

i like how you’re fishing for who pres is from me. i won’t be giving that away so easily, considering that is almost certainly information you and your teammates would want! and i’m not suspicious of you just because of the investee stuff. you were trying to find out if anyone else was roleblocked at the very start of the turn, before we even knew who was in shadesmar!! 

I’ll be honest though, i don’t understand what you mean about being outed. :(

6 minutes ago, Onyx Flamingo said:

ɪꜰ ᴛʜᴇʏ ᴀʀᴇ ᴛʜᴇ ᴘʀᴇꜱᴇʀᴠᴀᴛɪᴏɴ ɪɴᴠᴇꜱᴛᴇᴇ, ᴛʜᴇʏ ᴀʀᴇ ɴᴏᴛ ᴀ ꜱʜᴀʀᴅ ᴀɴᴅ ꜱᴏ ᴛʜᴇ ᴏᴅɪᴜᴍ ɪɴᴠᴇꜱᴛᴇᴇ ᴄᴀɴ ᴋɪʟʟ ᴛʜᴇᴍ.

@Opal Lion ɢʀᴇᴀᴛ ᴘʀᴜᴅᴇɴᴄᴇ, ᴡʜᴏ ᴄᴏɴɴᴇᴄᴛꜱ ᴜꜱ ᴀʟʟ, ᴍᴀʏ ɪ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴀɴ ɪɴᴅɪᴠᴜᴀʟ ᴘᴍ ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴇᴀᴄʜ ᴏꜰ ᴛʜᴇ "ꜱʜᴀᴅᴇꜱᴍᴀʀ ᴇɪɢʜᴛ" ɪꜰ ʏᴏᴜ ᴘʟᴇᴀꜱᴇ - ᴍᴏᴜꜱᴇ, ɢᴏʀɪʟʟᴀ, ʜʏᴇɴᴀ, ʀʜɪɴᴏ, ᴅɪɴɢᴏ, ᴅʀᴀɢᴏɴꜰʟʏ, ᴀɴᴅ ɪɢᴜᴀɴᴀ?

1 hour ago, Onyx Flamingo said:

i like how you’re fishing for who pres is from me. i won’t be giving that away so easily, considering that is almost certainly information you and your teammates would want! and i’m not suspicious of you just because of the investee stuff. you were trying to find out if anyone else was roleblocked at the very start of the turn, before we even knew who was in shadesmar!! 

...I'm just wondering. The only person who could possibly know that I'm their Investee is Preservation, so you're obviously in contact with them, or something else is going on, in which case I'm curious. I don't expect you to out Preservation in-thread; I'd be even more annoyed if you did.

As for the roleblocking, I was wondering who was roleblocked because as of then it was basically the only option that had been discussed of what had happened. I'm not overly familiar with the rules and the fact that people who are on destroyed planets are roleblocked slipped my mind. Trying to solve the game seems like a poor grounds for suspicion if you ask me, and that seems like what you're saying.

I'm confused as to why you're so confident I'm of Odium when there are eight other people that are as statistically just as likely as I am to be.

As Scorpion said, you outed me as Preservation's Investee. Thus, I'm not a Shard, and Odium cannot kill me. If he were to target me, nothing would happen, but you've spared the OCs from wasting their time and they can go straight to killing me with Odium's Investee. So thanks.

(My sarcasm has aged with me, I see.)

Edited by Violet Axolotl

44 minutes ago, Violet Axolotl said:

As Scorpion said, you outed me as Preservation's Investee. Thus, I'm not a Shard, and Odium cannot kill me. If he were to target me, nothing would happen, but you've spared the OCs from wasting their time and they can go straight to killing me with Odium's Investee. So thanks.

Hey hey hey you never know. someone might just pass you a shard, huh? O.o

17 minutes ago, Opal Lion said:

Hey hey hey you never know. someone might just pass you a shard, huh? O.o

I mean, yeah. If Preservation dies I'd inherit that Shard, but I don't find that likely; I think they'll invest in someone else before that. I guess it could keep the OCs on their toes, but for the time being I'm vulnerable.

The Cognitive Realm
Is what objects appear to
Be, not what they are.

Losses include: our
History, our memory,
What makes us ourselves.

We lack our context.
Without it we are nothing.
Voids that can't be filled.

As I have stated, the killer was stopped
By a roleblock, most likely from destruction.
Occam's Razor, and no one has stepped 
Forwards as a roleblocker at this junction.

I shall throw my vote upon
The Taupe Gecko, as it seems we have agreed upon.
Giving Mercy the chance to Invest them again
Seems like a folly beyond all mortal ken.

However, I'd like
A bit more discussion. We
Have time. Don't waste it.

Journal of Solemnheart, Day Six Post-Illumination, Taldain

I was not planning to return here. To the land of my origin. To the white sands that turn black at my touch.

And yet, here I am.

I saw Ruin. The face of a Shard, just before it destroyed the Cognitive Realm. I wish that I could have seen more, but I dared not risk it. We barely got everyone out before... whatever happened happened. I so want to research this. Ruin is capable of destroying planets, that much has been made clear. But the utter desolation of one of the three realms... that seems impossible. Even for a Shard. Perhaps it is not destroyed, just rendered as inhabitable as Sel's region; or perhaps the effect is localized to Rosharan Shadesmar; or both.

But onwards I must go, even on this cursed planet. I will note that I have been... less involved with cosmere affairs as of late. I have noted this, and am seeking to rectify it. But my mind is wired to locate suspicions based on nothing but fact, and the absolute sum of what is stated. My emotions have both proven as bad guidance and as overall... unwieldy, let us say. So I attempt to ignore them. I will attempt to gather these sums today, and certainly before the next removal, but I wish to verify that I am still here.

-Solemnheart

Edited by Plum Rhinoceros

8 hours ago, Quartz Zebra said:

Also, could someone fill me in on why there is a super train on Gecko right now? My D1 analysis was focused on the votes on Croc. Also, shouldn't we shift gears to the more recent event of exactly 0 elims kills going through? That should make everyone pretty suspicious of the list of people who were in Shadesmar. I'm going to vote Iguana for now.

"so mistah moush basically explained why we hafta go afta gecko todat. yasee this cycle, shure we maight find some ocs be sushpishus. but that oc might now be bleshed by mershy if mershy is oc. who do we know that will not be bleshed with mershy? gecko. if we do not kill gecko now, or tonight, gecko be bleshed again tonight, so we cannot kill gecko tomorrow too. so shure. put votes on da hateful eight and center da discushun round them. but make shure we kill gecko today.

22 minutes ago, Indigo Weasel said:

I’ll be honest, I haven’t been paying enough attention to this because of stressful irl stuff. Deadlines and the like. There seems to be a push on Gecko, whats that all about?

Our first removal took out crocodile, who was an eliminator. Gecko had done a late cycle vote on sage kangaroo, who was the other leading removal target. It seems like an eliminator defending another eliminator.

2 hours ago, Sapphire Elephant said:

"so mistah moush basically explained why we hafta go afta gecko todat. yasee this cycle, shure we maight find some ocs be sushpishus. but that oc might now be bleshed by mershy if mershy is oc. who do we know that will not be bleshed with mershy? gecko. if we do not kill gecko now, or tonight, gecko be bleshed again tonight, so we cannot kill gecko tomorrow too. so shure. put votes on da hateful eight and center da discushun round them. but make shure we kill gecko today.

Iguana. That makes a lot of sense. Normally I'd be uncomfortable with just redoing the vote, but since Mercy can't retarget, I'm okay with a Gecko train. It'll at least quiet things down on my planet so I can finally get these blasted highstorm calculations right.

Edited by Araris Valerian

[OOC: @Onyx Flamingo I'm interested in why you are so certain that it must be Violet Axolotl. You are not wrong about Preservation but this indicates to me that we now have a pool of nine who could be the Elim who made the kill and was roleblocked. I suppose in theory we cannot rule out the possibility that Odium was roleblocked during the day, but if Odium was, no one seems to be claiming at all.

But guys. We have to remember this. It's not that there's one Elim among us. It's that there is at least one Elim among us. It is possible and I would argue, even plausible, that there is more than one. All we're doing is identifying who might've been the one to have placed the kill and been roleblocked. We shouldn't rely exclusively on that: we should use this as a guide to the suspect pool and then go back to thread behaviour and voting patterns. It's also interesting that, of all players, they did not get Gecko to make the kill - possible they might have expected a roleblocker would've hit Gecko. This is slightly inconsistent with Elim Mercy, since if Elim Mercy could invest in Gecko, so would Odium, and then there's no reason not to get Gecko to do the kill - weakens chances of a target or action scanner picking up on Gecko. Anyway I don't take this as a point against the eventual Gecko execution this day - I'm just thinking aloud in terms of how big our official, formal target pool is in logical space before we can do more selective narrowing down.

Ruin has also approached me and requested for a certain protective Shard to contact them via PMing me. You know who you are, and I know what you did D2 :) I have urged Ruin to identify themselves in the thread and ask for protection here instead as I firmly believe the Elims know who Ruin is, but that is a choice for Ruin themselves to make, and I agreed to pass the message on even if I think relying on a single player is unwise, due to potential protector compromise.]

7 hours ago, Azure Mouse said:

[OOC: @Onyx Flamingo I'm interested in why you are so certain that it must be Violet Axolotl. You are not wrong about Preservation but this indicates to me that we now have a pool of nine who could be the Elim who made the kill and was roleblocked. I suppose in theory we cannot rule out the possibility that Odium was roleblocked during the day, but if Odium was, no one seems to be claiming at all.

to be fair, i got a little excited and was thinking of saying this before i even realized that the shadesmar eight were also possible killers/hatey boi!! preservey boi told me in the last cycle who they were investing, and i saw no kill and was like “oh we caught someone!!” I’m starting to realize that axy boi isn’t really all that more suspicious compared to the shadesmar eight. oh well.

(OOC: @Turquoise Gorilla I typically don't like voting on cycle one when there's practically no information because I don't think that my votes would be any better than random. I like to wait until there's at least some data based on abilities and people's actions.)

First of all, I'll vote to execute Gecko because I'm suspicious of them for the reasons that people have already stated. Second, I did not expect the Cognitive Realm to even be able to be destroyed. Nothing seems to have changed other than several people having to flee for their lives, so either the cognitive reaalm was simply a result of events in the world rather than a cause or a new Cognitive Realm which we don't know how to get to but was immediately formed somehow.

With no Ruin's Investee kill last night nor any other attacks, the possibility that Gecko has some sort of protective ability and the guarantee that Mercy couldn't have protected Gecko for this turn, I'll vote for Gecko today (actual vote, ignore colors below).

For the missing Odium's Investee kill, we have Axolotl (unlikely as they're probably village), the people on Shadesmar, and the possibility that OCs targeted Axolotl assuming it's true that they were Preservation's Investee last night. We'll get more information about the middle case from Gecko's flip. Splitting the Shadesmar Eight by vote history we get:

D1:
Crocodile(0):
Kangaroo(2): Hyena, Gorilla
Iguana(1): Mouse
None(5): Iguana, Dingo, Dragonfly, Rhino, Scorpion

D2:
Gecko(3): Hyena, Dragonfly, Iguana
Beagle(2): Mouse, Rhino
Lion(1): Dingo
None(2): Gorilla, Scorpion

This isn't obviously village confirming for anyone involved. Hyena, Gorilla, Mouse, and Rhino have the votes that jump out as potentially being malicious. I'd trust the D1 vote to be more alignment indicative assuming Gecko flips elim since that would mean the elims knew Gecko would survive D2, but also Gecko didn't seem to want people to know they'd been Invested by Mercy and most of the Shadesmar Eight didn't vote D1 with none of them voting Crocodile. Iguana also couldn't vote D1.

[OOC: Logically speaking, it has to be me, or Axolotl, or Rhino. It is logically impossible for it to be anyone else unless a lot of things have gone wrong. When I say logically impossible, I mean square circle logically impossible. 

It is theoretically possible for it to be Amethyst Scorpion. I scanned them D2. Scorpion's explanation makes it less possible. If they are telling the truth. 

Between Axolotl and Rhino, I find Rhino's voting more suspicious: both on the Beagle train and the vote on Opal Lion later retracted after DF vouched for Lion in Shadesmar. 

My vote remains on Rhino.]

8 minutes ago, Azure Mouse said:

[OOC: Logically speaking, it has to be me, or Axolotl, or Rhino. It is logically impossible for it to be anyone else unless a lot of things have gone wrong. When I say logically impossible, I mean square circle logically impossible. 

It is theoretically possible for it to be Amethyst Scorpion. I scanned them D2. Scorpion's explanation makes it less possible. If they are telling the truth. 

Between Axolotl and Rhino, I find Rhino's voting more suspicious: both on the Beagle train and the vote on Opal Lion later retracted after DF vouched for Lion in Shadesmar. 

My vote remains on Rhino.]

Huh, didn't think about that. It's Rhino, then. (or scorpion?)

IMO you know too much to be evil. What I mean by that is you've collected enough information that if you're evil the CoA are essentially doomed anyway, but I don't think that's true because of your posts and, y'know, how people are still alive. (That was sort of incoherent, sorry) And I know I'm good, so Rhino. I've had a gut evil on them for some time anyway. 

But still exeing Gecko. That needs to be done, you agree iirc.

1 minute ago, Violet Axolotl said:

IMO you know too much to be evil. What I mean by that is you've collected enough information that if you're evil the CoA are essentially doomed anyway, but I don't think that's true because of your posts and, y'know, how people are still alive. (That was sort of incoherent, sorry) And I know I'm good, so Rhino. I've had a gut evil on them for some time anyway. 

But still exeing Gecko. That needs to be done, you agree iirc.

AAAAAAAAAAA gdi yes sorry got a bit too deep into Inquisition mode there. imma swap before the rollover, I still want press and discussion, if I don't change it by an hour before feel free to @ me or to execute me in the night / day. 

10 minutes ago, Azure Mouse said:

Logically speaking, it has to be me, or Axolotl, or Rhino

Why you three specifically
And not the rest of the Shadesmar 8?
If it's for PM reasons,
I'll scream at the sky and the world berate.

Scientia potentia est.
We must all know
Or say goodbye to the rest
Give it to me.

I trust you because of your knowledge.
But I want nothing more than to know.
Lay out the logic that led you down this path,
And then understanding will follow

12 hours ago, Charcoal Hyena said:

Why you three specifically
And not the rest of the Shadesmar 8?
If it's for PM reasons,
I'll scream at the sky and the world berate.

Scientia potentia est.
We must all know
Or say goodbye to the rest
Give it to me.

I trust you because of your knowledge.
But I want nothing more than to know.
Lay out the logic that led you down this path,
And then understanding will follow

[OOC: I wasn't going to say it but I'm honestly kind of done with bullcrap right now (not you) so I'll just say — PM me and I'll explain. It involves you so I think you have a stake in knowing.

Edited to add: Let's just say, in order not to pointlessly leave the rest of the Village in darkness for nothing more than banal arrogance, that the OC faction kill is a specific type of action that has certain prerequisites. We know the faction kill was role blocked. The logical inference is that all players who are suspects for the roleblock must meet the prerequisites. I do. Axolotl does. Rhino does. Scorpion might. Unclear. ]

Edited by Azure Mouse

My attempts to draw from prior posts so far has gone... poorly. Twice I lost the careful organization, and it is ultimately proving to be difficult. I should have started sooner.

2 hours ago, Violet Axolotl said:

I fail to see how I become more suspicious because of something I do not know. But I do understand the gut reads, as far as I can, as I have not been terribly helpful. But in that regard I am by no means alone.

I will join the vote on Taupe Gecko, and continue my search. But otherwise I have nothing to share at this moment.