Rasyum and hemalurgy

wiritospren

The dagger used by the fused made to steal investiture is made of raysum( which I suposse is the odium metal) so wath would its allomantic and ferruchimic abilities be? And its ability to steal investiture is clearly hemalurgy(that's why it needs to touch the soul) but then is the question, how and where they made so that it can actually work? And if we use it in someone with breaths, can we use these daggers to steal them? Can we use like a really big one and use it to steal a shard's godhood? If we use it on an alomant, would we steal the power from their metals? Or would we steal their allomancy? If we use it on a reborn of nalthis, would we be able to emprision them on the dagger? 

Well it's not exactly Hemalurgy, it's Raysium's intrinsic property to be a good conductor of Investiture, and have Investiture flow through it, from the most Investiture positive area to the most Investiture negative area.

kalamitous_emoashions

Have we seen any evidence of Hemalurgy on Roshar? And, as sort of an addendum, given the end of Oathbringer, was what happened to Jezrien Hemalurgy?

Brandon Sanderson

There are certain cosmere philosophers that would count it. I would divide it as two separate things that are using similar fundamentals... I wouldn't call it myself, but there are people who would disagree with me in-world. Have we seen evidence? I would say no evidence that is easily-- easy to pick out.

kalamitous_emoashions

But it's there?

Brandon Sanderson

Yes, there are people with Hemalurgy who have been to Roshar. I'm pretty sure they've been on-screen.

Oathbringer London signing (Nov. 28, 2017)

It might follow the same fundamentals as Hemalurgy but it's not the same thing. We don't know Raysium's Hemalurgic properties.

4 hours ago, Honorless said:

Well it's not exactly Hemalurgy, it's Raysium's intrinsic property to be a good conductor of Investiture, and have Investiture flow through it, from the most Investiture positive area to the most Investiture negative area.

I'm not sure this i quite right - it seemed to have polarity.  Raboniel removed and reversed the core of Raysium in the dagger before using it, suggesting that the investiture only flowed in one direction along it.

10 minutes ago, Dunkum said:

I'm not sure this i quite right - it seemed to have polarity.  Raboniel removed and reversed the core of Raysium in the dagger before using it, suggesting that the investiture only flowed in one direction along it.

Oh damn, yeah, slipped my mind

10 minutes ago, Dunkum said:

makes it even weirder to consider for hemalurgy....like if you put the spike in backwards would it just eject your investiture like a fountain?

double-ended spike...

Wait, can you use a dagger to steal the charge of a hemalurgic spike and conduct it into a second one, which may also already hold a charge, thus doubling up the effect? Can you make supercharged iron spikes for example?? :o