Beryl

3 hours ago, Toaster Retribution said:

So thoughts on her (and Shallans Unseen Court in general?). I wonder if she is the same girl who Adolin rescued in the Sadeas camp back in WoK.

I hadn't thought about that!! 

Perhaps.

Beryl doesn't describe her time in the camps as traumatic or scary, and specifically contrasts that with some other women. But the prostitute in WoK handled herself calmly in the aftermath too, so maybe it didn't seem too indelible in her memory? With that said, I'd imagine she'd remember Adolin from that moment, he's pretty hard to forget. Maybe that's one of her lies/truths that Shallan doesn't know about her.

I re-read the chapter in WoK to see if there are any hints there about how she looked, etc., but seeing as Beryl changes her appearance to suit her suiters, I don't know how much fo that information is reliable.

It would be pretty cool if she were, I'll say that. 

I hope she isn’t a one off character who was just put there as a false lead for the spy. I think it would be cool if she was the woman Adolin saved. I would love to see more of the Lightweavers like we have the Windrunners. (Except Stargyle. I know he is the Steve Argyle insert and I love his art, but that name just kills me. Ha ha. On another name note, my great-grandmothers name was Beryl so it is a little strange for me to have a character in a Sanderson book with a name that is so personal to me.)