Stormlight Fan in The Mandalorian Writers' Room?

Could there be a Stormlight Archive fan on The Mandalorian writing staff?  In Chapter 13 (The Jedi):

Spoiler

Mando and The Child pay a visit to planet Calodan (say it out loud - sounds a lot like Kaladin) where a very special spear plays a major role.  For instance:

• The spear is offered as a valuable bounty to a great warrior wearing nearly indestructible armor
  • The Magistrate fights a duel with an overwhelming enemy (Jedi Ahsoka Tano) using only the spear - reminiscent of spearman Kaladin's underdog duels with shard bearers
  • The spear is able to deflect lightsabers (a weapon that can cut thru almost anything with ease - similar to a shard blade)
  • The spear is given to the Mandolorian at the end of the episode, as a relic of the Mandalorian people

Edited by MealyPotatoes
Fixed grammar a little

3 minutes ago, Ooklara said:

Nah, the beskar armor and weapons have been a part of the Mandalorian identity since Legends.

Sorry - my point was not that Beskar armor / weapons or (obviously) lightsabers were based on Shards.  Just the fact that when traveling to a planet with a mighty spear, and an awesome spear duel (reminiscent of shard duels), it is amusing to me that they called the planed Calodan (sounds a lot like Kaladin).

Edited by MealyPotatoes

7 minutes ago, MealyPotatoes said:

Sorry - my point was not that Beskar armor / weapons or (obviously) lightsabers were based on Shards.  Just the fact that when traveling to a planet with a mighty spear, and an awesome spear duel (reminiscent of shard duels), it is amusing to me that they called the planed Calodan (sounds a lot like Kaladin).

Ah, ok!

There was sort of a discussion about this on the subreddit with the first episode that mostly came to the conclusion of "possibly but it was likely elsewhere first" but like combine that "maybe-kinda" with this "maybe-sorta" and you might be getting somewhere <_<

This is honestly a pretty decent connection right here with the naming combined with the spear, good noticing! Honestly I think it is entirely possible, the people who will be writing the episodes likely really enjoy fantasy/sci-fi stuffs and so it's entirely possible one or more of them really like Cosmere as well!

On 12/1/2020 at 0:38 AM, MealyPotatoes said:

Could there be a Stormlight Archive fan on The Mandalorian writing staff?  In Chapter 13 (The Jedi):

Reveal hidden contents

Mando and The Child pay a visit to planet Calodan (say it out loud - sounds a lot like Kaladin) where a very special spear plays a major role.  For instance:

• The spear is offered as a valuable bounty to a great warrior wearing nearly indestructible armor
  • The Magistrate fights a duel with an overwhelming enemy (Jedi Ahsoka Tano) using only the spear - reminiscent of spearman Kaladin's underdog duels with shard bearers
  • The spear is able to deflect lightsabers (a weapon that can cut thru almost anything with ease - similar to a shard blade)
  • The spear is given to the Mandolorian at the end of the episode, as a relic of the Mandalorian people

Maybe, but I think the references are older and coincidental. As someone said, the Beskar Steel attributes originate from Legends, and the planet Caloden may be a reference to Dune, which has a planet named Caladan, the planet that Paul Atreides' family once ruled. (Which fits with the Krayt Dragon being very similar to a Sand Worm in its first outing.) The spear I think is more for a reference to Japanese warfare and cinema in general while providing a creative type of fight and letting Diana Lee Inosanto show off.