Storms, this is new! Hello fellow Cosmere fans

Alfadios

Hello my name is Alfadios,

having finished Rhythm of War and then discovering discussions through Daniel Greene and then the 17th Shard Youtube PodcastsI finally have found my way here. I have been a Sanderson Fan since 2015, when I discovered Way of Kings and it blew my away, so I went into the whole Cosmere spiel and loved it since(Mistborn, Elantris, Warbreaker). I personally can't get my friends to read the books unfortunately, but I want to share my excitement/worries/theories somewhere, as well as maybe get to know more good stuff to read. So here I am !

Also a bit about me, I'm 30, male, from Germany, speak fluent German(duh) and English. I love reading(Hah, who would have guessed that), gaming, watching entertaining stuff and just listening to music.

Also according to the Radiant quiz I'm an Elsecaller(No matter how many times I take it).

I hope I can find a place here. I also am new to forums and more used to chilling on discord with friends.

So thanks for having me!

Edited by Alfadios

18 minutes ago, Alfadios said:

Hello my name is Alfadios,

having finished Rhythm of War and then discovering discussions through Daniel Greene and then the 17th Shard Youtube PodcastsI finally have found my way here. I have been a Sanderson Fan since 2015, when I discovered Way of Kings and it blew my away, so I went into the whole Cosmere spiel and loved it since(Mistborn, Elantris, Warbreaker). I personally can't get my friends to read the books unfortunately, but I want to share my excitement/worries/theories somewhere, as well as maybe get to know more good stuff to read. So here I am !

Also a bit about me, I'm 30, male, from Germany, speak fluent German(duh) and English. I love reading(Hah, who would have guessed that), gaming, watching entertaining stuff and just listening to music.

Also according to the Radiant quiz I'm an Elsecaller(No matter how many times I take it).

I hope I can find a place here. I also am new to forums and more used to chilling on discord with friends.

So thanks for having me!

Welcome to the Shard! Glad to have you here. :) WHat's your favorite Cosmere book? 

Edited by Ookla the Tortured

2 hours ago, Ookla the Tortured said:

Welcome to the Shard! Glad to have you here. :) WHat's your favorite Cosmere book? 

My favourite so far is actually Rhythm of War at the Moment, this might change one my planned reread of all the Stormlight Books over the next few years. But I'm still riding the emotional high I guess.

4 hours ago, Honorless said:

Welcome to the Shard! Who's your least favourite Cosmere character? 

Least favourite is hard, cause there are some I probably just have forgotten since it's been a while, currently I think it should be Moash. I really need to read all thoe non stormlight books again, so many chars I just forgot. Shame on me.

2 hours ago, The Traveller said:

Welcome to the shard! Exciting times to be here nowadays! So your best moment in the cosmere?

I don't know the spoiler policy yet ,so Words of Radiance Spoiler:

Spoiler

Kaladin swearing his third oath in front of Elhokar and Moash and the following duel with Szeth. The whole Sequence gives me goosebumbs no matter how often I read it.

7 hours ago, The Windrunner Supreme said:

Hello and welcome to the shard. Come join Sanderson Elimination, the Sanderson version of Mafia. It's really fun :) 

I'll give it a look later.

Good one. Mine is OB ending but I don’t know there were quite a few contenders now in RoW. I may have to change my answer soon. 
For least favourite character yea well Moash does make sense. With this book especially things are not looking good for him. And any chances for redemption also seem far and beyond.

1 hour ago, The Traveller said:

Good one. Mine is OB ending but I don’t know there were quite a few contenders now in RoW. I may have to change my answer soon. 
For least favourite character yea well Moash does make sense. With this book especially things are not looking good for him. And any chances for redemption also seem far and beyond.

Excellent Choice as well. Also yeah, especially after RoW ,Moash just fell so much in my opinion and is unredeemable for me.

Welcome to the Shard Alfadios! We are delighted to have you make your way over to us! I totally agree, reading WoK for the first time is just WOW :blink: It is such a great novel and the Cosmere is so awesome I'm glad it got you hooked!

This is the perfect spot to be to discuss Cosmere when you don't have any irl friends, a ton of us are right there with you and hope you can find tons of awesome friends on here to discuss with :D I'm sure you'll be getting the hang of the forum in no time, we also have a 17th Shard Discord if you would like to chat there as well!

As an iddly biddly detail it is preferred if you don't double post. You can use the edit button on your last post to add on and tap the plus icon next to Quote on multiple peoples posts to quote them all at once in one mega post!

Also as a detail we are on super-max-code-red-ultra spoiler lockdown here for RoW lol. Excellent use of the spoiler box to hide the WoR spoiler (totally allowed but in spoilers to be courteous) but you should remove that RoW spoiler for now and keep it to the RoW section. You can hide a post by clicking Options at the bottom, pressing hide, and giving a reason ("Removing Spoiler" or something). Hope you enjoy the Shard!

1 hour ago, Scout_Fox said:

Welcome to the Shard Alfadios! We are delighted to have you make your way over to us! I totally agree, reading WoK for the first time is just WOW :blink: It is such a great novel and the Cosmere is so awesome I'm glad it got you hooked!

This is the perfect spot to be to discuss Cosmere when you don't have any irl friends, a ton of us are right there with you and hope you can find tons of awesome friends on here to discuss with :D I'm sure you'll be getting the hang of the forum in no time, we also have a 17th Shard Discord if you would like to chat there as well!

As an iddly biddly detail it is preferred if you don't double post. You can use the edit button on your last post to add on and tap the plus icon next to Quote on multiple peoples posts to quote them all at once in one mega post!

Also as a detail we are on super-max-code-red-ultra spoiler lockdown here for RoW lol. Excellent use of the spoiler box to hide the WoR spoiler (totally allowed but in spoilers to be courteous) but you should remove that RoW spoiler for now and keep it to the RoW section. You can hide a post by clicking Options at the bottom, pressing hide, and giving a reason ("Removing Spoiler" or something). Hope you enjoy the Shard!

Thanks for having me. I already joined the discord but am more of a lurker there for now.

Also thanks for notifying me about the Spoiler conduct here. I usually want to be as spoiler-free as I can myself, so this is much appreciated.

8 hours ago, Alfadios said:

Thanks for having me. I already joined the discord but am more of a lurker there for now.

Also thanks for notifying me about the Spoiler conduct here. I usually want to be as spoiler-free as I can myself, so this is much appreciated.

You bet! Thanks for joining :D That sounds awesome then yeah, wanted to give it to you in case you hadn't gotten there yet. I'm with you though I am much more active here!

And totally, you got it! The strict RoW rules are just because it is so new, no problem at all it's one of those things that just makes sense once someone lets you know. You had done an excellent job guarding against spoilers so props to you, we very much appreciate it! Look forward to seeing you around!

12 hours ago, Ookla the Sarcastic said:

I’m going to sell the forum game I’m running as well. Come join the Cosmere Roast Battles! It's super fun and I can take a lot more people.

Anyways, welcome! We have fun here, so enjoy yourself as much as you can! 

It really sounds interesting, but I have to admit I'm not that great on writing comedy/prose so attempting to write a rap is way beyond me, but I'll watch for the results of that thread.

5 hours ago, Alfadios said:

It really sounds interesting, but I have to admit I'm not that great on writing comedy/prose so attempting to write a rap is way beyond me, but I'll watch for the results of that thread.

Lots of people just write a poem, but that's ok. Feel free to vote on the best roasts! We normally need more voters.