Let's go find a dragon

Tesh

Just now, Knight of Iron said:

"Ah, you see, we are a traveling group of adventurers off to find a dragon, as the Shadow has issued a prophecy about it!"

Cara blinked. "Wha...? The Shadow spoke a prophecy? Wait...we're going to find a dragon?!!! And no one thought to tell me until now?!!" 

Seems like something someone ought to have mentioned earlier, Cara thought. Everyone knew all this time and no one ever thought to tell her? A heads up like, 'Oh, hey, Cara, just thought you might like to know we're all putting our lives in serious danger and going after a dragon!' would've been nice.

Just now, Isabelle6060 said:

Cara blinked. "Wha...? The Shadow spoke a prophecy? Wait...we're going to find a dragon?!!! And no one thought to tell me until now?!!" 

Seems like something someone ought to have mentioned earlier, Cara thought. Everyone knew all this time and no one ever thought to tell her? A heads up like, 'Oh, hey, Cara, just thought you might like to know we're all putting our lives in serious danger and going after a dragon!' would've been nice.

"No one told you?" Orpheus asked, surprised, "Well, have a copy of the prophecy," he said, as he dug out one of his last handwritten copies.

Just now, Knight of Iron said:

"No one told you?" Orpheus asked, surprised, "Well, have a copy of the prophecy," he said, as he dug out one of his last handwritten copies.

"Let me see that" Cara demanded, snatching the copy form Orpheus. Reading the paper, she felt reality sink in. They were going after a dragon. That's just great. Calming herself somewhat, Cara said, "Well, thanks for telling me before we actually met up with the dragon."

Just now, Isabelle6060 said:

"Let me see that" Cara demanded, snatching the copy form Orpheus. Reading the paper, she felt reality sink in. They were going after a dragon. That's just great. Calming herself somewhat, Cara said, "Well, thanks for telling me before we actually met up with the dragon."

"Don't worry, we're a ways off from that," he said.

9 hours ago, Knight of Iron said:

"Perfect," said Xeus, "And are there histories?"

Sef turned to the man. "Please assume that we have at least all kinds of basic books. A library is never whole without histories. Possibly the only kind of books we might've not have here is novels, though we actually have some of those, too. Histories have their own portion."

Gal looked up from his notebooks, turning to the annoying girl on the horse -she said her name was Cara?

"The Shadow is very secretive, usually. Most of the time it's Orpheus who tells people about the prophecy - he was the one who told me, too."

He proceeded to close one of his notebooks, with regret, and put it back in his backpack. He then looked at the other notebook, in deep thought.

1 hour ago, Trutharchivist said:

Sef turned to the man. "Please assume that we have at least all kinds of basic books. A library is never whole without histories. Possibly the only kind of books we might've not have here is novels, though we actually have some of those, too. Histories have their own portion."

Gal looked up from his notebooks, turning to the annoying girl on the horse -she said her name was Cara?

"The Shadow is very secretive, usually. Most of the time it's Orpheus who tells people about the prophecy - he was the one who told me, too."

He proceeded to close one of his notebooks, with regret, and put it back in his backpack. He then looked at the other notebook, in deep thought.

"So the Shadow just lets people join dangerous missions without telling them?" Cara sighed. "Seems to me like people should have the right to know what they are getting into beforehand. How long ago did you join this crazy quest?"

3 hours ago, Trutharchivist said:

"I'm looking for first or secondhand accounts from millennia ago," Xeus corrected himself, "I was merely wondering if I could find anything here that I couldn't elsewhere."

1 hour ago, Isabelle6060 said:

"So the Shadow just lets people join dangerous missions without telling them?" Cara sighed. "Seems to me like people should have the right to know what they are getting into beforehand. How long ago did you join this crazy quest?"

Orpheus shrugs. "You kind of just showed up yourself."

16 minutes ago, Knight of Iron said:

"I'm looking for first or secondhand accounts from millennia ago," Xeus corrected himself, "I was merely wondering if I could find anything here that I couldn't elsewhere."

"Oh, rare histories. We have some in the ancient handwritings sub portion of the histories, though not many, and only one vogue scroll from a millennia ago. I'll have to watch you while you read it - we couldn't afford let it be damaged, as it is one of very few copies."

I probably make it too easy, but Sef would know his library's contents. Maybe he should be hiding things more, but I'm not sure about that. He's not a Snakeson, after all.

15 minutes ago, Trutharchivist said:

"Oh, rare histories. We have some in the ancient handwritings sub portion of the histories, though not many, and only one vogue scroll from a millennia ago. I'll have to watch you while you read it - we couldn't afford let it be damaged, as it is one of very few copies."

Shall we have arrived at the library yet?

@Channelknight Fadran@Trutharchivist

“Er, do you think we can go inside?” Avren asked the group standing outside the tower. 

I had a dumb thought about this RP while thinking of puns and it wouldn’t leave my head so you all have to hear it too :P (spoilered for size)

Spoiler

*at the final showdown in Exodus’ lair*

Avren: Before we begin, you all should know something about me. You see, I... I’m not just a necromancer... *puts on shades* I’m also a necroDANCER

*he starts breakdancing as a bunch of skeleton backup dancers unearth themselves from the ground*  

*a disco floor and strobe lights suddenly appear courtesy of Ara’s runes* 

*Cara whips out a DJ turntable she got from somewhere and starts playing music*

*most of the party members are confused but they join in and start dancing too*

*some dragons show up and join as well because why not*

*Gal starts writing notes about these unconventional uses for magic* 

*Talnic watches from the corner, hiding a faint smile beneath his scarf, until the party pressures him to join in*

*Exodus is defeated and the realms go back to normal by the power of the dance party*

this is how the RP is going to end and no I do not take constructive criticism

If I could draw I would definitely draw this, but alas. 

Edited by The Awakened Salad

10 minutes ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

Ah, I see.

They arrived at the library and Xeus realized the elf girl was no longer with them, at least for now. It was none of his concern. "I would like to see this ancient scroll," he said, turning to the Wanderer, "Please, take me to it."

@Trutharchivist