Let's go find a dragon

Tesh

2 minutes ago, The Worldookler said:

BTW, Would you prefer that I'll call Gal just Owlson in my comments? I expect it would become confusing otherwise.

I know who he is, and I'm good with whatever works best for you.

29 minutes ago, The Worldookler said:

BTW, Would you prefer that I'll call Gal just Owlson in my comments? I expect i would become confusing otherwise.

Either way works. I know who you are talking about. You just introduced him to Chrys as Owlson, so that's what she'd refer to him as. 

Oh, and I'm going a little crazy and creating a complete mythology and backstory for the Draoidh, with all the deities and myths that go along with it. I'm having way too much fun. :P

29 minutes ago, The Worldookler said:

"As far as I know, Graces aren't hereditary." Said Gal, looking at the notebook. He then looked up. "So, you are an ethnic group, a matriarchal one, perhaps? You said you share origins, I believe you meant with all tribes of Draoidhs. What do you know of this ancestry?"

"I don't know if we'd call it a matriarchal group, the magic is passed through the mother but the men and women work together. Just as Faro and Leira worked together to create the earth, man and women work together to live and prosper." She stopped, realizing she was starting to ramble. "Anyways, by stating that we share ancestors, I was meaning with humans. Most of what we know about the common ancestry comes from legends, but there was a time, back when dragons were common, that humans and the Draoidh looked the same, and neither had magic." 

Edited by Ookla the Empyreal

4 minutes ago, Ookla the Empyreal said:

"I don't know if we'd call it matriarchal group, the magic is passed through the mother but the men and women work together. Just as Faro and Leira worked together to create the earth, man and women work together to live and prosper." She stopped, realizing she was starting to ramble. "Anyways, by stating that we share ancestors, I was meaning with humans. Most of what we know about the common ancestry comes from legends, but there was a time, back when dragons were common, that humans and the Draoidh looked the same, and neither had magic." 

"So, you are an ethnic group of humans, very far removed from normal humans?" Gal actually seems to be curious - well, more than usual, which is to say, more than you've seen up until now. "And the split is so ancient you only remember it by legends. Interesting."

27 minutes ago, Ookla the Grammatical said:

"Graces can be hereditary. After all, heterochromia is hereditary."

He frowns at Minuet's statement. "Is heterochromia a reason to the Grace, or just a sign that the person is Graced?" He asks her.

I'm not sure about the order, but whatever.

BTW, I just checked, apparently I've read the beginning of Fire, not Bitterblue. My bad. 

8 minutes ago, Ookla the Grammatical said:

I don't mind! I prefer Fire anyway. :)

Fire is my favourite of the 3 Graceling books. ^_^

9 minutes ago, The Worldookler said:

"So, you are an ethnic group of humans, very far removed from normal humans?" Gal actually seems to be curious - well, more than usual, which is to say, more than you've seen up until now. "And the split is so ancient you only remember it by legends. Interesting."

"Yes, and each group has their own versions of what occurred to cause the split." 

Chrys looked at Minuet, and realization dawned about what she was. "So you are a Grace. I had noticed your beautiful eyes, but I didn't realize there was truth to the rumors." 

I only have Bitterblue. 

2 minutes ago, Ookla the Grammatical said:

Minuet nodded. "Yes, I'm Graced. And what rumors?"

"Mainly the fact that Grace's have different coloured eyes. The Draoidh try not to pay too much attention to rumors, because we know personally how wrong they can be." 

40 minutes ago, Ookla the Grammatical said:

"A sign that the person is Graced, I think."

"The real question is whether there can be a hetero-chromatic without a Grace."

26 minutes ago, Ookla the Empyreal said:

"Yes, and each group has their own versions of what occurred to cause the split." 

Gal nodded slowly. "Every legend has a seed of truth, or at least most. This isn't my area anyway, and so, I have one other question: are your talents visibly different from natural or acquired talents?"

5 minutes ago, The Worldookler said:

Gal nodded slowly. "Every legend has a seed of truth, or at least most. This isn't my area anyway, and so, I have one other question: are your talents visibly different from natural or acquired talents?"

"What do you mean by visibly different?" 

Just now, I Am A Fish said:

May I have some more details on character creation and stuff like that?

OR...

Could I be the villain?

Reveal hidden contents

And how would I go about doing that?

We've got a couple, but sure! Ask Tesh, but another villain would work in my opinion.

Oh, is now a good time for Sir Nathaniel to come back?

4 minutes ago, I Am A Fish said:

May I have some more details on character creation and stuff like that?

OR...

Could I be the villain?

Ummmm... Seriously, just do whatever you want.

Maybe be some sort of villain who joins us and learns from us? (Not like we have valuble information. But I'm sure you could figure something out.) Just so you could be more involved in the story and stuff.

All of the characters we have so far have their information on the Google Doc I linked to on the first post. You can look there for ideas, if you want. I would prefer that we didn't introduce any more magic systems, but if you want to, that's fine with me.

9 hours ago, Ookla the Empyreal said:

"What do you mean by visibly different?" 

"I mean, can you tell the different between a magically talented cook and a very good cook who's not magically talented? Is the magic noticeable?"

Fish, there's one thing I don't get: isn't creating a villain basically creating a character, only on he other side of a conflict from all the other characters?

Edited by The Worldookler

On 17/12/2020 at 0:35 PM, Ookla the Empyreal said:

Chrys reached into her bag and pulled out a cloth. “Here, I have one.” 

Avren thanked the girl and began to wipe his blade clean. As he worked, he realised he didn’t recognise her. “I don’t think I’ve met you. What’s your name?”

16 hours ago, Knight of Iron said:

"Hm," Orpheus said. "He got away? Did you see where he went?"

“He just... vanished. Right into air.” Avren paused. He knew he should get the attention of the whole group, to ask if they knew anything more. But... he wasn’t very good at that.

My phone keeps on autocorrecting Avren to “a bread”. Avren’s actually a walking piece of toast confirmed.

2 hours ago, Ookla the Ethereal said:

Avren thanked the girl and began to wipe his blade clean. As he worked, he realised he didn’t recognise her. “I don’t think I’ve met you. What’s your name?”

"You may call me Chrys. It's easier to say than my full name." 

7 hours ago, The Worldookler said:

"I mean, can you tell the different between a magically talented cook and a very good cook who's not magically talented? Is the magic noticeable?"

"Yes, for the most part it is. Especially with the cooking part. There are reasons our feasts are well known. But not visible like the food is a different colour, though I'm pretty sure that's not what you meant."