Let's go find a dragon

Tesh

10 hours ago, Ookla the Rōnin said:

Let me know if you wanted to do something else with the bear.

Nope, you're fine!

Orpheus coughed and got to his knees, clutching his chest. He was in shock from the pain--but the pain was already... fading? Strange. Hadn't it cut pretty deep?

So, here's Gal's reaction:

When the knights arrived, Gal listened and gathered that Minuet was wanted. He then recalled something he heard about Gracelings: that in some countries they have to work for the king or his family. Hearing that her uncle was searching for her, though, made him frown. So... it means she's probably royalty, or at least related to royalty, isn't it? He wasn't sure he wanted to be entangled with politics. He probably should've remembered this specific detail earlier, though. Anyway, he was probably stuck with a prophecy, which definitely was worse than politics. 

Then that giant bear came, and seeing its eyes, Gal stumbled back. Glowing eyes are usually a sign to non-physical entity manifesting through a physical being. which, technically, you are, reminded him a part of himself. He was a little uncomfortable with that. His eyes didn't glow, but that was due to... some reasons. The color, anyway, was important. Orange? He probably should remember that. He couldn't recall at the moment what kind of non-physical entity it meant, but he should check later. After the bear was defeated, something clicked in his mind, and his head turned to Orpheus. Asking about demons, which are an unproved non-physical entity. The first to notice the bear was coming. Reacting weird to wounds made by it - though confirmation through comparison is needed. Anyway, Gal noted to ask Orpheus later about non-physical entities.

All right. First, Connie, that's one of the only things I remember from what I read in the Gracelings series. Hope it's still like that in this world.

Knight of Iron, I believe my idea should work with your demon things. Apparently, I'm working along the lines of a realmatic theory, though it's very different from Sanderson's. I think Gal should've been able to catch that - it's part of his magic system, his Fertilization to be exact.

I'll tag both of you outside, though you can say there was no good reason.

@Ookla the Grammatical, @Knight of Iron

Edited by The Worldookler

3 minutes ago, The Worldookler said:

Then that giant bear came, and seeing its eyes, Gal stumbled back. Glowing eyes are usually a sign to non-physical entity manifesting through a physical being. which, technically, you are, reminded him a part of himself. He was a little uncomfortable with that. His eyes didn't glow, but that was due to... some reasons. The color, anyway, was important. Orange? He probably should remember that. He couldn't recall at the moment what kind of non-physical entity it meant, but he should check later. After the bear was defeated, something clicked in his mind, and his head turned to Orpheus. Asking about demons, which are an improved non-physical entity. The first to notice the bear was coming. Reacting weird to wounds made by it - though confirmation through comparison is needed. Anyway, Gal noted to ask Orpheus later about non-physical entities.

Fits just fine; exactly what I was thinking, actually.

51 minutes ago, The Worldookler said:

So... I guess it's time for Chrys to enter, isn't it?

Chrys is right at the edge of the clearing, I can bring her in. And, um... please pardon the stiff/clunky greeting. 

Note on her gift: As a young and still learning gifted she doesn't have as much control (being able to turn it on/off) but she can still try to make it not quite as potent. Some people (especially those with mind powers) will be able to notice it a bit more than others. When she is trying really hard to damper it most people just feel a slight inclination to like her.  

Just as Chrys was figuring out how best to help, the beast suddenly stopped, as if the life from it was extinguished like a candle flame. She couldn't tell whether someone had dealt the killing blow, or if something else was in play. Either way, I probably shouldn't just stand here. She carefully stepped into the clearing, hoping she didn't startle anyone. Cautiously she spoke up, hoping her gift didn't do more damage than good with this group. "Greetings. I feel like I've stumbled upon you at a bad time, but I am glad you were able to vanquish the beast. My name is Chrys, of the Draoidh clan." 

54 minutes ago, Knight of Iron said:

“Yes, him. Where did he run off to?”

@Ookla the Ethereal

Gal pointed in the direction the boy went.

29 minutes ago, Ookla the Empyreal said:

Just as Chrys was figuring out how best to help, the beast suddenly stopped, as if the life from it was extinguished like a candle flame. She couldn't tell whether someone had dealt the killing blow, or if something else was in play. Either way, I probably shouldn't just stand here. She carefully stepped into the clearing, hoping she didn't startle anyone. Cautiously she spoke up, hoping her gift didn't do more damage than good with this group. "Greetings. I feel like I've stumbled upon you at a bad time, but I am glad you were able to vanquish the beast. My name is Chrys, of the Draoidh clan." 

"Greetings." answers Gal. "Draoidh, you said? Fascinating. I have heard a lot about your people, though I never met one." He considers this for a moment. Races of sapient beings weren't his area of expertise, though some had inherent magic, and this people probably had.

"I am Owlson, a magic researcher. I would like to talk to you later. How could I contact you? I am a little busy at the moment, so I'd like to make an appointment in the future."

8 minutes ago, Ookla the Grammatical said:

¨Hi, Chrys. What brings you here?¨

"Curiosity and concern, I guess." 

7 minutes ago, The Worldookler said:

"Greetings." answers Gal. "Draoidh, you said? Fascinating. I have heard a lot about your people, though I never met one." 

"I am Owlson, a magic researcher. I would like to talk to you later. How could I contact you? I am a little busy at the moment, so I'd like to make an appointment in the future."

Chrys looked at the man curiously. Something was a little off about him, though who was she to talk about looking odd? "A researcher? I'd love to chat, as long as I get to ask questions too." She laughed a little. "Though trying to contact me would be a little hard. We are a wandering folk, and don't stay long in one spot."  

1 minute ago, Ookla the Empyreal said:

"Curiosity and concern, I guess." 

Chrys looked at the man curiously. Something was a little off about him, though who was she to talk about looking odd? "A researcher? I'd love to chat, as long as I get to ask questions too." She laughed a little. "Though trying to contact me would be a little hard. We are a wandering folk, and don't stay long in one spot."  

¨Well, I think we´re all right for now. What are you curious about?¨

Just now, Ookla the Grammatical said:

¨Well, I think we´re all right for now. What are you curious about?¨

"At first it was about the roar, you don't often hear a bear roar this time of year. And now I'm curious about your group. You are as mixed a group as common mercenaries, but you have scholars and children among you." 

4 minutes ago, Ookla the Empyreal said:

"At first it was about the roar, you don't often hear a bear roar this time of year. And now I'm curious about your group. You are as mixed a group as common mercenaries, but you have scholars and children among you." 

"He said that something terrible would happen to me if I didn't join."

2 minutes ago, Ookla the Channelknight said:

"He said that something terrible would happen to me if I didn't join."

Chrys glanced over at the young elf. "Something terrible? That is either a threat to be carried out by him, or..." Nevermind, it couldn't be that. "Why would something terrible happen to you?" 

Just now, Ookla the Empyreal said:

Chrys glanced over at the young elf. "Something terrible? That is either a threat to be carried out by him, or..." Nevermind, it couldn't be that. "Why would something terrible happen to you?" 

"I don't know. It certainly sounded like a threat, but it didn't feel like one."

1 minute ago, Ookla the Channelknight said:

"Well, when he said something terrible was going to happen to me, it didn't... feel threatening. He sounded like he was just stating a fact of life."

"I hope for your sake that you have escaped the something terrible by journeying with this man. You have many years ahead of you, young elf." 

She paused, hoping she hadn't offended the elf by calling her young. It had been a while since her clan had dealt with younger elves. "I have given you my name. May I ask yours?"