Jasnah Knows [discuss]

Jofwu

Does anyone else think Taravangian and the other members of the Diagram might know as well, considering this epigraph from the Diagram:

"1118251011127124915121010111410215117112101112171344831110715142541434109161491493412122541010125127101519101112341255115251215755111234101112915121061534" translates to:

"Hold the secret that broke the Knights Radiant. You may need it to destroy the new orders when they return."

Now, this implies that Taravangian does indeed know a secret to destroy the Knights Radiant. And I'm not sure if it was the knowledge that the singers and Fused were the original inhabitants of Roshar, considering how that doesn't really seem to have made a dent into destroying the orders. Plus, he's instructed to hold the secret. He could still be doing so.

And so I feel the Diagram could definitely know. Because if that was the "secret" that he thought made every living Knights Radiant and spren break their oaths and let themselves die, his plan to reveal that and break the Knights Radiant with it has failed.

• 2 months later...

@Jofwu, I pursued this theory from the link you made in your signature.  

This comment you made reminded me of another theory I've come across

On 11/19/2020 at 4:02 PM, Jofwu said:

I had the same thought! Strongly supported, I think, by the way Kalak refers to her as "Mishram" rather than "Ba-Ado-Mishram". Seems to imply her original, pre-Unmade name. It makes a lot of sense to me that she would be... I dunno, Connected to certain aspects of Roshar. If she could Connect to all the Singers like that then perhaps she could had lots of Connections with the spren (or other aspects of Roshar) prior to being Unmade. Perhaps some of those Connections still lingered.

Heck, it seems like a fairly solid theory to me.

The thing I wonder more about is what those Connections were exactly, what their severing did (particularly to the spren, it seems), and why that severing prompted the Recreance.

So I dug around and found that it was posted a couple weeks after your theory was posted.  Here's the theory:

My thought is that the radiants had a choice, either bind Ba-Ado-Mishram or to kill all the singers, because of the forms of power they were getting.

And genociding a whole race would definitely break all the radiant oaths, so they chose the former.

But they didn't know that binding Ba-Ado-Mishram would do what it did, taking all the forms of power from the singers(making them slaves) and a load of other things. Which is why the radiants all decided to quit, and the sprens as well.

As for the Skybreakers, either they thought what they did was right, which is why they never broke theirs, or they did not consider themselves involved in it. My thought is the former, seeing Nale was there for the Mishram capture. But Nale be crazy, so there might not be any sane reasoning for it.

Small theory I have no evidence for:

Each Hyphen in an unmade name detonates how many times they have been unmade/corrupted. Ba-Ado-Mishram was possibly 'Unmade' by honor/Cultivation.

Does Ba-Ado-Mishram neccesarily have to have originated on Roshar? I believe in RoW somewhere she's referred to as a spren capable of Connecting the minds of an entire people

We don't know much about the Realmatic shenanigans that are neccesary to bring a civilization associated with Odium that was using Odium's Investiture from one planet associated with Odium to one without him, and for those people to become part of Roshar in a real way. 

But it sounds like if Ishar and/or other Bondsmiths had access to or were able to create some spren-like entity that could influence the Connection of an entire people at once, that would really help.

Other weird offshoots of that idea- maybe that process accidentally unseated the Dawnsingers somehow, damaging their Connection to whatever Venli is reaching back to in RoW. And this let Odium in

Or Mishram corrupted by Odium after being used to integrate humans with Honor was then used on/used by the Singers to Connect them with Odium.

And because Mishram/Ba-Ado-Mishram was spliced into Roshar could be why the effects of imprisoning her were so unpredictable

I know it's out there but the back five books are a lot more about the Heralds and that seems like an important part of their story