Newest 17th Sharder

It was either traumatic enough for the baby to snap, or traumatic enough for the parents.

Either way, you should a all drink the metal, just to be sure.

"I will care for those who are not developmentally mature enough to do so themselves."

Poof! No reason the lucky parents can't glow and fly now.

Thanks!

She's a joy so far. Having now witnessed it, I would say that birth should be traumatic enough to get someone to snap!

I'm pretty sure I took the first and second Windrunner vows after she was born, but I don't have any stormlight to test...

So far I've also resisted mixing any metals into her bottles, I don't think momma bear would approve somehow.

"I will care for those who are not developmentally mature enough to do so themselves."

Poof! No reason the lucky parents can't glow and fly now.

I really really want this to be a thing now. It's adorable!

Congrats to the whole Mistborn Hoodie family!

(Also it occurs to me that this is yet another conversation about babies and investiture. I'm starting to see a theme developing here).

So far I've also resisted mixing any metals into her bottles, I don't think momma bear would approve somehow.

Psst, I have a brilliant plan. Scrape your utensils so some flakes fall into the milk and see if she suddenly sends metal objects flying. You can always feed her aluminium later to cleanse her of metal ;)

Wow, congratulations! She's adorable.

I imagine her first words will be along the lines of "Wasing the where of Daddy?"  :D

Somebody should talk to their children in just High Imperial until it becomes the only language they can speak. The results would be hilarious :D

Edited by Ketek

Psst, I have a brilliant plan. Scrape your utensils so some flakes fall into the milk and see if she suddenly sends metal objects flying. You can always feed her aluminium later to cleanse her of metal ;)

Somebody should talk to their children in just High Imperial until it becomes the only language they can speak. The results would be hilarious :D

I'm afraid my utensils are stainless steel, not sure they qualify as a "pure" metal for allomantic purposes and I'd hate to hurt her accidentally!? ;) My other option is silver which is allomantically inert. 

we have plenty of aluminum around with my soda habit though... 

I'm afraid my utensils are stainless steel, not sure they qualify as a "pure" metal for allomantic purposes and I'd hate to hurt her accidentally!? ;) My other option is silver which is allomantically inert. 

we have plenty of aluminum around with my soda habit though... 

It's okay. Go get some pewter mugs. 

1. Scrape pewter off.

2. Feed to baby.

3. Baby burns pewter, gaining increased endurance.

4. Baby stops crying in the middle of the night as she no longer feels hungry.

5. ???

6. PROFIT.

Interesting, but for antoher thread I was researching on, I came across this from the HoA Epilogue...

Was it because she had Snapped so early in life, coming to her powers even as she went through the pains of the unusually difficult labor her mother went through to bear her?

So you CAN snap in childbirth... if snapping were a thing here IRL ;)

Interesting, but for antoher thread I was researching on, I came across this from the HoA Epilogue...

So you CAN snap in childbirth... if snapping were a thing here IRL ;)

I thought you'd already known that!

• Chaos locked this topic