Neon Reads The Wheel of Time

aneonfoxtribute

6 minutes ago, Briar King said:

Cool. Did you find Mat off completely? I sure did but San lines him back up in Towers.

Yeah in Gathering Storm he felt a bit off. It felt in character but in a not right way, if that makes sense. Like an exaggeration of his character. Towers of Midnight, though. Brandon got him down by then, now he feels like he's supposed to

Every time I see the god damn a'dam chapter image, my heart rate spikes like ten times. Luckily it's a Faile chapter in Caemlyn so maybe it's just representative of something there (its not its absolutely not)

Well it's official now. Seanchan have Traveling. May God have mercy

WHY ARE THE SEANCHAN MAKING ANOTHER PLAN TO ATTACK THE TOWER HOW ARE WE GOING TO HAVE TIME FOR THIS?!

Legitimately the only way this doesn't happen is if Rand manages to make peace with them before it happens but like god I genuinely don't know how it won't happen

So I got tired of waiting for an answer and just looked it up, and apparently Nicola was actually killed, it wasn't a fake Nicola. And all I got to say to that is, what the hell. Why. And then I decided to check Areina as well, because she hasn't been mentioned and I was curious, and she just vanishes after KoD. She just doesn't exist anymore lmao. I can only imagine both of those were Brandon, and Jordan probably wouldn't have done that. Because with the knowledge that THAT is where their story ends, it makes them so pointless. We didn't need Nicola to build up Egwene to the novices, that part wasn't strictly necessary. That one is very frustrating to me. I was literally just starting to warm up to Nicola and then she dies in a dumb pointless way for no reason, and it's like.... Just why.

Is Aviendha seeing the FUTURE of the Aiel? Good god, that's awful if it is.

Yeah I figured that it was Seanchan attacking in the Tava memory. The Norlesh memory also mentioning  the "Raven Empress" also painted a picture for Seanchan future. God DAMN that's rough.

Why are the future Aiel shunned as they are? What grudge does the Seanchan hold against them? This feels like a deliberate act by them to destroy the Aiel, rather than just a normal Seanchan conquest

Okay so from this I'm gathering that the Seanchan managed to take the Waste as well. And they also don't stop enslaving channelers, and they also learn how to capture men. That's just great. That's EXACTLY what I wanted to hear

At this point I can only hope that this is the bad future, and only one of many possibilities, because Jesus CHRIST the future is bleak if this is to be expected.

That. Was one of the hardest things I've read. Like it's not that the content is particularly brutal. I've read far worse than that content wise, scenes of abuse, sexual assault, the damane scenes. Stormlight alone has scenes that are far more heartbreaking in terms of content (honorchasm i mean honorchasm). But in terms of how bleak it is, and from an author like Brandon, who writes optimistic stories where good people succeed no matter what the world throws at them, it is the worst possible timeline and it's a BLESSING that we ONLY saw the Aiel viewpoint of that.

Brandon has done better at writing Mat than in GS but it still feels at times like Mat is Wayne

Oh dear lord what's happening with the Aes Sedai in the Asha'man camp. Tarna and Javindhra are acting strangely. Maybe Taim is Compulsing them. And he somehow got one of the Dream Spikes. How the hell are we gonna have time to deal with Taim.

We've made it to Moiraine. This has been such a long time coming

HALF THE LIGHT OF THE WORLD! TO SAVE THE WORLD! GO, GAMBLER! GO, TRICKSTER!

If you ever meet a Malkieri, you tell him Jain Farstrider died clean. I knew it :(

If only Mat realized he could use the Ashandarei earlier, Noal could have lived :'(

It looks like Taim is trying to turn everyone in the camp. God, Taimandred feels so true but I know it isn't. Rand has left Taim alone for FAR too long, now it's a genuine problem

WAIT! OH GOD I JUST REALIZED WHAT'S HAPPENING! THE CHEKHOV'S NUKE HAS GONE OFF! TAIM IS FORCIBLY TURNING THEM TO THE SHADOW, WITH A GROUP OF 13! THAT'S ABSOLUTELY WHAT'S HAPPENING!

Oh Olver's gonna read what Verin wrote. Good, I was so ready to finally read it

OH MY GOD MAT NEARLY RUINED EVERYTHING! How was Verin planning to survive?

OH NO MAT DID RUIN EVERYTHING! WHY ARE THINGS HAPPENING THIS IS THE EPILOGUE I WASN'T EXPECTING THINGS THIS BIG TO HAPPEN IN THE EPILOGUE

WHAT WHAT WHAT WHAT WHAT?! A RED HOODED AIEL WITH FILED TEETH WHAT IN THE GOOD GOD DAMN

What the hell, why is Lanfear in Rand's dream?

LAN RIDES! THE LAST CHARGE OF THE GOLDEN CRANE!

Trying to figure out this prophecy. One Eyed Fool is Mat, and Fallen Blacksmith is Perrin, obviously. "One Eyed Fool traveling the hall of mourning" most certainly means Mat entering the Tower of Ghenjei. The First Among Vermin might be Rand? "Lifting his hand to bring freedom to Him who will Destroy" possibly being Rand breaking the seals? "The Broken Wolf whom Death has known", I don't know who that's supposed to be. I thought it was Hopper, but this prophecy seems like it's yet to happen. I don't think it's Perrin. Elyas? I feel like it's not Noam either.

The End
Of the Thirteenth Book of
The Wheel of Time

I'm ready for the end man.

19 minutes ago, aneonfoxtribute said:

Oh Olver's gonna read what Verin wrote. Good, I was so ready to finally read it

OH MY GOD MAT NEARLY RUINED EVERYTHING! How was Verin planning to survive?

OH NO MAT DID RUIN EVERYTHING! WHY ARE THINGS HAPPENING THIS IS THE EPILOGUE I WASN'T EXPECTING THINGS THIS BIG TO HAPPEN IN THE EPILOGUE

I'm ready for the end man.

Brandon (or maybe Jordan, idk) set up AMoL so well with epilogue. The entire book is Tarmon Gai'don and I loved it. 900 pages of glorious battle. Best ending ever to a series

Edited by The cheeseman

I'm gonna have such a hard time tearing myself away from that book. I hear there's one supremely long chapter, and I very much plan to read that in one sitting. It's BAFFLING how much there is still to do, it feels like it's impossible to wrap up in one book. Especially the Seanchan attack on the Tower. There's no way we have time for that, right? That has to be called off, right? If the Seanchan just spend the whole book fighting the White Tower while TAR'MON LIGHT BURNING GAI'DAN is happening, I'm gonna declare that maybe they should all just burn.

7 hours ago, aneonfoxtribute said:

WHAT WHAT WHAT WHAT WHAT?! A RED HOODED AIEL WITH FILED TEETH WHAT IN THE GOOD GOD DAMN

some time back it was mentioned what the Aiel do with Male channelers: once a man realizes he can channel, he goes off alone to the blight to fight the dark one. now you know what happened to them.

4 hours ago, Dunkum said:

some time back it was mentioned what the Aiel do with Male channelers: once a man realizes he can channel, he goes off alone to the blight to fight the dark one. now you know what happened to them.

It'd be cool if you waited on that and let the story tell me itself what that is. 

I try to avoid spoliers, but I don't always remember when stuff gets revealed. sometimes its the same chapter, other times it's books away. and especially in a long series like this one, it's hard to keep it from blending together for me. i'm usually at least a little better about not posting when I'm not sure

Talmanes is going to die :'(

HE'S GOING OUT LIKE A BOSS THOUGH, HE KILLED TWO GOD DAMN MYRDRAAL

Taimandred is officially debunked. Taim is now officially a Forsaken. WHAT THE GOOD GOD DAMN IS DEMANDRED DOING?!

Man. I can't believe the first major casualty of the book came in the prologue. We couldn't even reach the proper declaration that the Last Battle has started

RAND AND PERRIN HAVE REUNITED! In spite of the imminent apocalypse, we still have time to feel good.

OH MY GOD TALMANES LIVED! KING!

Men have to control the circle between men and women? I thought that either could? Didn't Nynaeve control the circle with Rand for a little bit in Winter's Heart? Not very long, but I thought she held control for a second

I was wondering what happened if a man and a woman both bonded one another, instead of just having one single bond

WHERE THE HELL IS LOGAIN?! It's clear that Taim did SOMETHING with Logain, he didn't actually head out, but where the hell is he?!

There's no way Logain would let himself be turned. Out of everyone, I would think he wouldn't let himself get anywhere near that kind of situation

We got the Logain breakout plan. This is gonna be good

Yo this conversation between Rand and Moridin is sick. I love it when a hero and a villain just have a chill ass conversation

This meeting is really good.

MAT AND MOIRAINE HAVE ARRIVED JUST IN TIME!

Oh no it's JUST Moiraine. I guess Mat is probably going to Tuon

MOIRAINE AND NYNAEVE HUGGED AAAAAAA

I love people just smacking Roedran

YEAH DO IT AVIENDHA! CHANGE THE FUTURE!

I LOVE YOU MOIRAINE
"Don't worry Egwene, Rand won't break the seals. You will :)"

RAND IS SENDING THE ARMIES TO HELP LAN LET'S GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

This book do be a certified banger so far

This is about as epic as THAT moment form Endgame. You know the one

MALKIER LIVES ON THIS DAY!

Yep, Mat went to Ebou Dar. Maybe his presence there will help Rand get through to Tuon.

Narishma's with Lan. Based.

"[Elayne] would have assumed that, by now, Mat would have corrupted [Talmanes] far more. He didn't curse once. Pity."

God I love sir-swears-a-lot Elayne, it's so funny

YO UNO'S BACK! I'm not gonna lie, I forgot he was still alive. I have no idea where he's been

I love Mat I love Mat I love Mat. Stop being so based. The Seanchan would make a far better case if they told people to swear to the Emperor, May He Live Forever. Nobody would say no to Mat.

Oh my god. Fain killed Perrin's family, did we know that? I'm sure this is new

Perrin and Gaul, into the dream to face Slayer. Let's go. Maybe Gaul is the Broken Wolf.

TOVEINE NO :'(

AND THUS LOGAIN IS SAVED! Damn shame about Toveine. What happened to the other person Logain was bonded to?

tfw Mat and Tuon banged in a garden surrounded by guards. As you do. Perfectly normal

The negotiation with Tuon did not end as I hoped it would. Tragic

I'm kinda having a lot less reactions than I thought I would. It's a lot of really cool action, but not a lot to really comment on.

F for Romanda, it seems the full Dreadlord force has arrived

WAIT, SHARANS?! I DON'T REMEMBER ENOUGH ABOUT SHARA BUT I ASSUMED THEY WERE ON OUR SIDE! SEANCHAN 2 ELECTRIC BOOGALOO

Rand why did you tell the Seanchan to go to Egwene. That is a disaster waiting to happen, oath or not

Bao the Wyld, otherwise known as Demandred probably

Perrin I swear to GOD if you turn this second Dreamspike on where Egwene is AGAIN I'm gonna throttle you

I like ally Lanfear

GOD DAMMIT GAWYN I KNEW YOU WERE GONNA USE THE RING! Well, maybe there's a way out of it. Seanchan wouldn't be likely to do anything to prevent it, but Aes Sedai absolutely would.

We got Egwene's second dream! Egeanin saved her! :)

I wasn't expecting the two to use Callandor with Rand to be Moiraine and Nynaeve. I expected it to be a group of either Egwene/Nynaeve, Aviendha/Elayne, or Moiraine/Cadsuane

Spoiler

"Fortuona represented order, and she had married chaos himself

Damn straight

Mat yelling at all of the Seanchan being like "GOD DAMMIT WHY CAN'T I HAVE THE BAND OF THE RED HAND BACK WHY DO I HAVE TO BE STUCK HERE"

That left the bulk of the Trolloc forces frozen in the pass, at his mercy. He didn't have much mercy for Shadowspawn

HE'S SO GOD DAMN COOL!

Can't wait for the Seanchan to show up to help Egwene and to have Egwene tear into Tuon for being just the worst, it's gonna be great

Shaidar Haran is dead??

And so the fight between Rand and Moridin begins. God I'm SO EXCITED

ALRIGHT EGWENE, GIVE TUON THE BUSINESS!

"For the Amyrlin judges many trials. She must be able to speak to murderers and rapists in order to pass sentence upon them. I think you would be at home in their company, though I suspect they would find you nauseating"

FIRST ELAIDA NOW TUON! Egwene is SAVAGE! I LOVE HER I LOVE HER I LOVE HER!

Egwene: "PUT ON THE COLLAR TUON! I DARE YOU! I DOUBLE DARE YOU MF!"

I need a break after that scene. That was so immensely satisfying.  I needed that. So much. I needed someone to firmly and properly call Tuon out. We haven't had that. Her meetings with Rand were good but he didn't properly call her out. Mat hasn't properly called her out. Nynaeve called her out, but it was about Mat, not everything Tuon represents. I needed THIS!