Neon Reads The Wheel of Time

aneonfoxtribute

God damn it's been a hot minute since we got a fight with Trollocs. Have we had a proper fight with Trollocs since Perrin fought them at Emond's Field? I don't think so.

Oh my god Lews Therin made a moving Gateway gilloutinne that's so sick

Logain knows how to be a more effective WMD now, let's hope he's on our side

Jordan is very good at fights. He and Sanderson have such different styles to their fights but I'm so compelled by both of them. Sanderson is really good at getting you to imagine everything that the characters are doing, every single action they make, it's like watching a fight scene from an anime in your head. Jordan is really good at just creating massive setpieces and then showing the sheer destruction

1 minute ago, aneonfoxtribute said:

I thought for sure that LTT was gonna seize total control of Rand in that moment.

2 minutes ago, aneonfoxtribute said:

Logain knows how to be a more effective WMD now

That's pretty much the Asha'mans whole deal.

3 minutes ago, aneonfoxtribute said:

Jordan is very good at fights. He and Sanderson have such different styles to their fights but I'm so compelled by both of them. Sanderson is really good at getting you to imagine everything that the characters are doing, every single action they make, it's like watching a fight scene from an anime in your head. Jordan is really good at just creating massive setpieces and then showing the sheer destruction

My thought on Jordan's style of writing fights is that it was heavily influenced by his experiences in the Vietnam War, much like how Tolkien was heavily influenced by what he saw in World War One. Both of them tend to write battles that showcase incredible brutality and destruction.

Oh right I forgot that Rand was supposed to meet with "Tuon". And by "Tuon" I of course mean "Suroth who will proceed to put the male a'dam on him because she has that I think". I didn't put that in my predictions. I don't know how that's gonna go, it could end this book or it could be something to deal with next book, I have no clue

1 hour ago, aneonfoxtribute said:

not JUST guillotine. Trollocs die if they pass through a gateway. Myrdraal too, I think. so even if they don't get cut to pieces, the mere act of going through it will kill them. I also liked the laser fingers

EGWENE HAS BEEN DOING THIS ALL IN A WEEK?! GOOD GOD ELAIDA, YOU BUNGLED THIS ONE UP HARD! SHE'S DOING WORK AND FAST!

This book is doing such a good job at portraying Aes Sedai as the most incompetent group imaginable it's insane.

It took Egwene NINE DAYS to basically get every Novice in the Tower on her side. Elaida. All you had to do was kill her. You had ONE JOB! It would have been the easiest thing in the world! Good lord.

Edited by aneonfoxtribute

3 hours ago, aneonfoxtribute said:

Egwene is so based this book, this is the most based she's been, people dislike her after this??
Also Nicola is actually being not awful. Wonderful

Do people dislike her? I kinda get it in the earlier books, but of the 3 main female leads, Egwene wises up the fastest. basically she starts getting good once she starts hanging out with the wise ones. by the end of the series, I rank her over Rand, and during the Shaido stuff, her chapters are often better than Perrin's. Mat is #1, obviously

BTW may as well rank my favorite to least favorite POVs for the main characters
My POV ranking as of KoD are:
1. Mat
2. Rand
3. Egwene
4. Perrin
5. Nynaeve (this one is awkward because nynaeve doesn't get a lot of povs anymore but this is probably where it'd be that last chapter was really.good but it was one chapter dammit)
6. Elayne
Its kind of hard because the ranking is changing constantly depending on what's happening. Perrin would normally be higher, Egwene's plot.is just more fun rn

Spoiler

Min and Aviendha POVs don't exist anymore I can't rank them it's so sad

1 minute ago, aneonfoxtribute said:

BTW may as well rank my favorite to least favorite POVs for the main characters
My POV ranking as of KoD are:
1. Mat

Mat is an icon and an absolute madlad and anyone who says otherwise will get a slipper to the face.

10 hours ago, aneonfoxtribute said:

Mat is a character that really grows on you as the series goes. Perrin gets all the immediate meat right away, but Mat is the slow burn. He starts fairly unremarkable but as the series goes on he just slowly becomes the best character. 

I don't know about that. at least once you start getting his PoVs in book 3. one of the first things he does is trounce Gawain and Galad in a fight - still one of my favorite scenes in the entire series. he was my favorite PoV character starting as soon as he got PoVs.

for me the ranking is:

1. Mat
2. Perrin
3. Egwene, but 2 and 3 are VERY close. Late series Egwene is arguably better, but judged across the entire series, Perrin wins for me.
4. Rand 
5. Elayne
6. Nynaeve

Oh my god Tuon calls Mat toy even in her internal narration that's funny

Also I didn't comment on it before, but it's really interesting how it seems the Seanchan also have hand talk. It's very interesting how two very different cultures from entirely different parts of the world have a similar method of private communication.

It's time for things to go down. Rand is walking right into Suroth's trap and we're inevitably about to get some huge scenes for sure. This is probably gonna make his trust issues even worse. He's still messed up from being locked in that box, I cannot IMAGINE what having an a'dam put on him is gonna do to him.

IT'S TIME FOR PERRIN TO STRIKE!

HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEY! PERRIN CALLED TAM HERE! SICK! It's been a WHILE since we've seen him! Alright Masema, time to meet the father.

Tam doesn't know that Rand is the Dragon Reborn??? How the hell has word not arrived about that???

OH GOD DAMMIT ARAM! WHY ARE YOU LISTENING TO THE NUTJOB!

Well you're dead now. Can't believe all this time spent being loyal ended with you trusting someone you met two months ago who everyone knows as a dangerously insane murderer.

F's in chat for Rolan. He didn't deserve to be killed like that after just saving Faile. I was hoping Faile would stop them from fighting and they would come to an understanding

LMFAO ALL OF THAT AND GALINA DIDN'T EVEN ESCAPE! SHE DIDN'T EVEN MAKE IT TO THE POINT OF BREAKING OFF THE OATH! Good riddance.

And now the Shaido have completely abandoned the wetlands. Good luck staying safe when the rest of the Aiel come back, victorious from the Last Battle, and see you chilling. They ain't gonna be kind to you.

VANDENE HEARD THAT CAREANE WAS THE DARKFRIEND AND, WITHOUT A SINGLE SECOND OF HESITATION STABBED HER! NO BEAT IN BETWEEN, SHE JUST STRAIGHT KILLS HER! RAW!

F for Vandene and Sareitha. This was a bad plan.

Thank god Birgitte is hypercompetent.

Saving Elayne AND holding Caemlyn is gonna require the other Aes Sedai in the city. Birgitte's probably gonna be forced to make a deal with them on Elayne's behalf to get their cooperation, and that's no good

The fight against the Black Ajah and at the walls had no right to go as well as it did after the catastrophe that started the whole damn thing