(ROW) Chapter 7 Fabrial

Naurock

22 hours ago, Naurock said:

Is there anyone else that really just wants them to take the Fabrial to Renarin and if he can interact with the Voidlight?

Possible.  I also want to take Lift to the valley and see if she can do anything with the mist.

On 8/20/2020 at 7:09 PM, Innovation said:

The Fabrial seems to push the Nahel bond down, canceling all external powers and preventing the Spren from manifesting itself in the Physical Realm. The Perpendicularity is likely to large to be affected, and Dalinar’s other external powers might be dampened. 

That sounds an awful lot like

[Mistborn]

Spoiler

Chromium Allomancy's effect on a Surgebinder. I'd bet emerald broams on the metal cage being Chromium. And heck, I'll double down on that for the stormlight-sucking spear fabrials' "silvery metal", as Chromium is indeed a silvery metal (and isn't aluminum, importantly!).

Edited by Halyo_Alex
Clarity

6 minutes ago, Halyo_Alex said:

That sounds an awful lot like

[Mistborn]

Hide contents

Chromium Allomancy's effect on a Surgebinder. I'd bet emerald broams on the metal cage being Chromium. And heck, I'll double down on that for the stormlight-sucking spear fabrials' "silvery metal", as Chromium is indeed a silvery metal (and isn't aluminum, importantly!).

It could be, but I think metals in Fabrials are just for modifiers. There is probably a spren inside a gemstone in the Fused spears, a very hungry spren that loves to eat some Stormlight.  

Edited by Innovation

1 minute ago, Innovation said:

It could be, but I think metals in Fabrials are just for modifiers. There is probably a spren inside a gemstone in the Fused spears, a very hungry spren that loves to eat some Stormlight.  

Well, yes. However I think there's at least some connection there.