Where are the minority Skybreakers?

Oltux72

Not all Skybreakers swear to Nale. Some follow other people, others follow an abstract principle. Sheer statistics make sure that some of them will not deem the Singer legitimate owners of Roshar. Some must just see them as escaped slaves to be returned to owners or their heirs or executed as rebels. Nale's attitude at least looks like that a Skybreaker must not attack another Skybreaker over judgements, only over actions. So they weren't eliminated right away.

It's been a year. Where are they? Have they been killed in small clashes? Are they hiding away for a good moment to act? Are they waging guerilla war being reverse Robin Hoods hunting down escaped slaves?

Are they waiting for Dalinar or a council of Knights Radiant to formally rescind the decision to abandon Urithiru?

I'm still holding out hope that Hauka, the guard in Yeddaw from Edgedancer, turns out to be one of the new Skybreakers not bound to Nale. I really liked her, and I'm sure she's got the stuff. Also all those weird allusions to her needing recharged spheres to read by makes me think she's already used Stormlight without knowing it. Even Nale was pretty suspicious of her.

But yeah, I agree there should be some around.

I think Szeth will be able to reach 4th Ideal very fast, so he will be Master, and with this mantle, he will be able to attract other Skybreakers, efectivly splitting the Order. Without leader, those other Skybreakers are just individuals, and are probably very disperse or are simply hiding his feelings.

1 hour ago, Bzhydack said:

I think Szeth will be able to reach 4th Ideal very fast, so he will be Master,

How? That would require his crusade. And that crusade is quite inconvinient for Dalinar. He is holding together a coaltion of formerly hostile members. For him to sponsor a purge among a government is exactly what he cannot afford to be seen doing.

1 hour ago, Bzhydack said:

and with this mantle, he will be able to attract other Skybreakers, efectivly splitting the Order. Without leader, those other Skybreakers are just individuals, and are probably very disperse or are simply hiding his feelings.

Can a Skybreaker hide his feelings? And does Nale care?

I think they are mostly doing superhero things quietly around Roshar.  I wonder if someone looks at urban crime statistics if they will see a drop.  By habit a lot of them will probably hide.  Many are probably still making up their minds.  I wonder what would happen if the monarchs or Urithiru were to all publicly state that Skybreakers following their law are required to present themselves at the tower.   Some might actually be back at Urithiru already.  With Windrunners in the field I don't think Skybreakers add much and anyway we don't know if they have many of them.

Edited by Karger