Could Trell be another Shard using Autonomies Trick?

Grytorm

Hello. I've had this idea for a while but Trell being Autonomy has always felt slightly boring. They fit but for pinning the blame on them is too simple for wild internet speculation. So I was wondering if other shards could replicate the setting up independent splinters trick. Which could lead the story in a different direction.

My crazy theory is that Trell is a contingency established by one of the dead Shards to try and survive in some form and perhaps even rebuild. Specifically the two shards that seem likely to me are Dominion and Ambition. Dominion because his shard was connected to connecting to places. And Ambition because (she?) so far has not done much other than die and (her?) Intent definitely fits into the scary sounding pile but near the top with Dominion. Autonomy if we just had the intent would be near the top of the friendly sounding pile. Top means less confident on location.

I mean

Questioner

In Vol. 2 of White Sand, there is a character named Trell. Is that intentional?

Brandon Sanderson

Yes, that is intentional, but the connections are a little more obtuse than you may be expecting.

Starsight Release Party (Nov. 26, 2019)

Brandon Sanderson (paraphrased)

*With a smirk* Trell is not native to Yolen.

Shadows of Self San Diego signing (Oct. 8, 2015)

Questioner

The spike at the end of Shadows of Self, does that have anything to do with Endowment.

Brandon Sanderson

That is not from Endowment, I can go ahead and let you know that.

Shadows of Self Portland signing (Oct. 10, 2015)

Questioner

Is the metal that Bleeder was associated with and had, is the Shard associated with that metal the same entity that's calling itself Trell?

Brandon Sanderson

Yes.

Oathbringer Portland signing (Nov. 16, 2017)

mikkomikk

Is Trell (Era 2) and/or Austre related to a Shard? Like are they one, or working for one, or an avatar of one?

Brandon Sanderson

Yes, Trell is related to a Shard.

Skyward Pre-Release AMA (Oct. 15, 2018)

So in summary Trell is related to a shard and that guy on taldain.  This implies autonomy pretty strongly.  He says it is not Endowment, it is obviously not Ruin or Presrevation, Dominion, Devotion and Ambition, are all splintered I also doubt it is Cultivation or a resurrected Honor(not their MO).  That leaves you with Odium or Autonomy and Odium is trapped(possibly killed as of BoM).

42 minutes ago, Hoid the Drifter said:

If a shard is splintered, does that spread the splinters throughout other planets?

No, if Shard invested heavily into one Planet. If he does, he is Connected to this particular world. Like Devotion and Dominion are connected to Sel, being shattered. Like Honor is connected to Roshar.

1 hour ago, Hoid the Drifter said:

If a shard is splintered, does that spread the splinters throughout other planets? I'm having a hard tome believing that Autonomy has splinters on taldain and scadrial

Autonomy isn't splintered, but she has splinters

is the Shard itself was splintered it would be hard for those splinters to go to another planet. 

but since she is alive, she can choose to make splinters on certain planets. hence the Avatars on Taldain(sand lord), First of the sun(patji), obrodai(unknown), and presumably scadrial(trell?)

Edited by Eternal Khol