Question; it's often talked about in vorinism the holiness of symmetry, and that taking a completely symmetrical name is blasphemous. it's mentioned in the book that Ialai's name is  considered blasphemous, but what about Laral and Rillir? that's 3 characters with perfectly symmetrical names. Am I taking this too literally, or are there names all equally blasphemous?

8 hours ago, R J said:

Going by reactions in-world, I'd assume it isn't completely forbidden, just considered a bit irreverent rather than sacrilegious. More... presumptuous than profane.

I think "Presumptuous" is a good word for it.  I get the feeling that it's a little bit along the lines of naming your child Jesus: seen as strange in the US, common in other places. 

43 minutes ago, Quantus said:

I think "Presumptuous" is a good word for it.  I get the feeling that it's a little bit along the lines of naming your child Jesus: seen as strange in the US, common in other places. 

Oh are the names same? I thought the Spanish name 'Jesús' just happened to share a similar spelling

3 minutes ago, R J said:

Oh are the names same? I thought the Spanish name 'Jesús' just happened to share a similar spelling

I've always assumed it was from the same catholic root, like Maria=Mary or Anjel=Angel, just without as much actual spelling change.  But to be honest I have no idea if the common name and religious figure are viewed and/or pronounced the same to spanish natives.

4 minutes ago, Quantus said:

I've always assumed it was from the same catholic root, like Maria=Mary or Anjel=Angel, just without as much actual spelling change.  But to be honest I have no idea if the common name and religious figure are viewed and/or pronounced the same to spanish natives.

Huh, just looked up the history of that name. Yeshu, Isah, Joshua, they're all from the same root. (We use Isah Masih)