Cosmere Soundtrack (Spoilers)

jamesbondsmith

So some late night Cosmere reddit browsing found a thread which had Crazy Train playing during Kaladin and Adolin's duel in WoR. That got me thinking: which well known music can you imagine playing in pivotal scenes in the Cosmere?
Personally, I can imagine Forge (especially 3:05 onwards) or Portals during Bridge 4's rescue of the Kholin army in WoK. Let's me honest, Kaladin's Stormlight blast landing is the equivalent of Thor's Bifrost entrance.

I guess this could apply to any genre, but I really like the approach of A Knight's Tale, which used modern rock music to illustrate how people would have felt about their music back in the Middle Ages.

Edited by jamesbondsmith

More ideas:

The same tracks in the parent post could also apply to Galladon's reinforcements in Elantris.

This track for Sazed or Vin after Tindwyl or Elend's deaths. Possibly Sazed, as there's not much time for reflection with Vin and Elend.

Dream Catch Me for Vin and Elend's pewter-enhanced dance in Hero of Ages.

Whole Lotta Love/Money For Nothing or Killing In The Name for Dalinar refusing to submit to Odium (first two for the energy of the riff, third for the 'storm you I won't do what you tell me).

Sweet Child O' Mine solo for a montage of Adolin's duels (at least when they're going well). If it starts at the solo, it's a little more parental lyrically.

Back in Black for Susebron's incredible arse-kicking at the end of Warbreaker (pretty sure he's in black too).

I've always imagined the organ solos in House of the Rising Sun for some sort of charge/race, it might work for Vin racing back to Luthadel.

Edit: I didn't realise the forums automatically changed the f-bomb to 'storm'. That's kinda cool.

Edited by jamesbondsmith