Who LOVES The Legend of Zelda!

Boomerang Guy

Just now, Channelknight Fadran said:

Oh, nothing you get on the Great Plateau has the capability of murdering those bad boys. Your best option is to perfect-block one of their lasers back into their face.

*sigh* Ah, well. I guess I’ll just try to kill a few more of those cavemen-like people instead. Thanks for the advice, though.

32 minutes ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

Oh, nothing you get on the Great Plateau has the capability of murdering those bad boys. Your best option is to perfect-block one of their lasers back into their face.

one laser for the stationary ones, 3 for the mobile ones

and if i'm remembering the timing right, you hit the button pretty much right as the blue energy appears.  as long as you are at the distance away where they stop approaching.

Edited by Dunkum

Speaking of BotW, I have a question. I hear a lot about the Yiga clan but haven't come across the hideout so, I just want to know if I'll find a quest naturally as I play or if it's a matter of stumbling around the right area until you find the hideout by accident. Please don't tell me the location, I just want to know if there will be a quest or something. 

2 minutes ago, Eluvianii said:

Speaking of BotW, I have a question. I hear a lot about the Yiga clan but haven't come across the hideout so, I just want to know if I'll find a quest naturally as I play or if it's a matter of stumbling around the right area until you find the hideout by accident. Please don't tell me the location, I just want to know if there will be a quest or something. 

Yup, there’s a quest. 

16 hours ago, Eluvianii said:

It’s also possible to just stumble there accidentally if you are the type who just loves exploring like crazy. But you can’t accomplish any quests there unless you have talked to the right people in the main story. 

Also, I haven’t had a chance to absolutely geek out about this with anyone, but this is the spot if I’m going to. My husband absolutely knocked it out of the park for Christmas and got me the Creating a Champion book and art set. It is so awesome! We’re finishing our basement and letting it be our place to just be nerdy and enjoy our entertainment. So you better believe this map is getting framed and hung up on the wall. (Next step is getting some Sanderson art.)

0ACF7493-81CA-4284-8FDE-1D9A4D47721E.jpeg

1 minute ago, Eluvianii said:

Thanks, but I think I will wait. I'm saving all the remaining story events for when I finish with the shrines and other side-stuff. 

Ohhh...

Uhh...

You do know that there are 120 shrines, right? Not to mention all 999 koroks, thousands of side quests, and other random stuff that the game devs had way too much fun dropping into the game.

6 minutes ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

Ohhh...

Uhh...

You do know that there are 120 shrines, right? Not to mention all 999 koroks, thousands of side quests, and other random stuff that the game devs had way too much fun dropping into the game.

Oh, the koroks are a special case, I don't plan on getting even a quarter of those, or even looking for them. I'll just find the ones I stumble naturally upon. The shrines are much more reasonable, I've done 80 so far. As for side-quests, there are 70-something to my understanding. I don't know if I'll be able to find them all on a first run without a guide but I will at least try. 

Edited by Eluvianii

3 minutes ago, Eluvianii said:

Oh, the koroks are a special case, I don't plan on getting even a quarter of those, or even looking for them. I'll just find the ones I stumble naturally upon. The shrines are much more reasonable, I've done 80 so far. As for side-quests, there are 70-something to my understanding. I don't know if I'll be able to find them all on a first run without a guide but I will at least try. 

Holy scud. That's way more shrines than I've ever done...

Also, just FYI, not all of the shrines/shrine quests are available until you free certain divine beasts. I know of a few in Rito Village and a lot in Gerudo Town.

2 minutes ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

Holy scud. That's way more shrines than I've ever done...

Also, just FYI, not all of the shrines/shrine quests are available until you free certain divine beasts. I know of a few in Rito Village and a lot in Gerudo Town.

Hmmmm guess rushing to Hyrule Castle right after finishing the beast on the desert is not an option. That's kinda sad but at least I'll try to get as many things done as I can before going there. Thanks for that, you just saved me from getting really frustrated for not being able to find those XD. 

On 1/24/2021 at 8:47 PM, Eluvianii said:

Hmmmm guess rushing to Hyrule Castle right after finishing the beast on the desert is not an option. That's kinda sad but at least I'll try to get as many things done as I can before going there. Thanks for that, you just saved me from getting really frustrated for not being able to find those XD. 

well, it's an option, 

@Channelknight Fadran update, currently trying to get into the Zora temple, still find it weird I struggle more getting to the boss than on the boss itself.

1 minute ago, Frustration said:

well, it's an option, 

@Channelknight Fadran update, currently trying to get into the Zora temple, still find it weird I struggle more getting to the boss than on the boss itself.

The water dungeon boss is really fun, and I think everyone struggles on the dungeon more than the boss. Having the boss be harder than the dungeon either makes for a bad dungeon or a super hard boss.

Just now, Channelknight Fadran said:

The water dungeon boss is really fun, and I think everyone struggles on the dungeon more than the boss. Having the boss be harder than the dungeon either makes for a bad dungeon or a super hard boss.

I struggled more with the giant shadow insect than the Death Mountain boss.

And getting the Zora child to Kakoriko, 

Bosses are just kind of disapointing, hope the next one is better.

Lemme think...

• Forest temple: lame as scud
  • Fire temple: unique, but kinda boring anyways
  • Water temple: absolutely loved this boy, though it was a bit easy
  • [][][][][][] temple: BEST. BOSS. EVER. Not super hard, but AWESOME
  • [][][][][][] temple: This boss was a bit wonky, but the music was epic as scud
  • [][][][][][] temple: Very classy boss. I haven't gotten that far on my replay, so I don't remember how awesome it was
  • [][][][][][] temple: This boss was amazing and you'll see why when you get there
  • [][][][][][] temple: You're going to love this one no matter what

25 minutes ago, Frustration said:

I struggled more with the giant shadow insect than the Death Mountain boss.

And getting the Zora child to Kakoriko, 

Bosses are just kind of disapointing, hope the next one is better.

Not to ruin any surprises but the bosses in TP are extremely visual, the battles fun, but none of them are difficult in the slightest. Except maybe part of the final one. I love the battles because they look amazing and the use of the mechanics is extremely fun but, don't expect any difficulty spikes at any point. In general the difficulty of this game is pretty much a straight horizontal line.