Spren Levelling Up

Invocation

Questioner

So, is it possible for a spren to get more Investiture? And if it does, will it kinda level up into a higher form of spren?

Brandon Sanderson

Yeah, it's possible. That is totally possible.

Oathbringer release party (Nov. 13, 2017)

What are the odds this has something to do with spren corruption? Take a portion of a spren's Investiture and replace it with the other type and do that until it completely fades over to the new form as a semi-new spren.

Also, if that would work, would you be able to do that to every deadeye? They're already missing a solid chunk of their Investiture so half the work is done.

You can give spren breath.  Is I think the easiest way.

19 minutes ago, Invocation said:

What are the odds this has something to do with spren corruption

Spren corruption is odd.  We are not entirely sure how it works.

20 minutes ago, Invocation said:

Also, if that would work, would you be able to do that to every deadeye

That is kind of like making a zombie spren.  Haza?

29 minutes ago, Ookla the Prolific said:

You can give spren breath.  Is I think the easiest way.

Spren corruption is odd.  We are not entirely sure how it works.

That is kind of like making a zombie spren.  Haza?

Haha, giving a Spren ten thousand breaths as opposed to using those Breaths to [Warbreaker]

Spoiler

awaken a sword into a pseudo/"robot" Spren (e.g. Nightblood)... 

That strikes me as a very fitting turnabout. Reverse-Reverse engineering a shardblade, in a way.

I wonder what that much Breath would actually change about a Spren. Would it be a "corruption" in a different sense that the Endowment Investiture changes the spren in a fundemental manner? Obviously if you had 10,000 breaths and gave it to a Spren, the Heightenings would at least try to manifest in them, right? What would that do to your surges? I feel like the best Spren to do this to would be either a Cryptic or a Truthwatcher Spren, since they have Illumination and are thus closely related to colors and light. :P

19 hours ago, Halyo_Alex said:

Haha, giving a Spren ten thousand breaths as opposed to using those Breaths to [Warbreaker]

Reveal hidden contents

awaken a sword into a pseudo/"robot" Spren (e.g. Nightblood)... 

That strikes me as a very fitting turnabout. Reverse-Reverse engineering a shardblade, in a way.

I wonder what that much Breath would actually change about a Spren. Would it be a "corruption" in a different sense that the Endowment Investiture changes the spren in a fundemental manner? Obviously if you had 10,000 breaths and gave it to a Spren, the Heightenings would at least try to manifest in them, right? What would that do to your surges? I feel like the best Spren to do this to would be either a Cryptic or a Truthwatcher Spren, since they have Illumination and are thus closely related to colors and light. :P

This would be difficult because Spren are already full of investiture, so increasing it with investiture from another system when investiture interferes with alien investiture is difficult. Basically the investiture would have to be its own investiture. Perhaps a Bondsmith playing with connection could do so. 

• Chaos locked this topic