Long Time Cosmerenaut, Beginner Shardite.

Lunu’anaki

Hey everyone!!

I'm a long time Brandon Sanderson fan (especially related to the Cosmere works). I discovered his books about 4 or 5 years back after watching his writing lectures on youtube and realizing I needed to see his work because he gave me the best advise I'd ever received on writing in those lectures.

I have read all of his published Cosmere Novels and short stories [with the exception of the White Sand graphic novel because I can't find it anywhere for the life of me :( ] and have read most at least twice over (I'm debating between rereading Elantris or Mistborn Era 2 next because those are the last novels on my list for a second read.)

Some personal information about me: I'm a freelance filmmaker and am currently in the process of writing my first novel, its an adult fantasy centered on a young man whose adopted father and sister go missing, thrusting him into a journey he never wanted to go on and leading him to learn about a secret organization of magic users who have been controlling things in his country for as long as it's been in existence. That puts him in a key position to change the country alongside a band of revolutionaries who wish to tear down the corrupt council that takes advantage of those with power for their own gain.

I've known about the community here for almost as long as I've known about the Cosmere, (and can I just say, Im SUPER thankful to everyone who put together the amazing coppermind wiki. It's my go to resource for cosmere lore.) but for some reason I never joined as a contributer until today... so I'm excited to get to know everyone here and have some epic discussions about Brandon's Epic work!

Any tips you all can give me for navigating the forums and sticking to the rules are appreciated! See you all in the cognitive realm ;)

8 hours ago, Lunu’anaki said:

Hey everyone!!

I'm a long time Brandon Sanderson fan (especially related to the Cosmere works). I discovered his books about 4 or 5 years back after watching his writing lectures on youtube and realizing I needed to see his work because he gave me the best advise I'd ever received on writing in those lectures.

I have read all of his published Cosmere Novels and short stories [with the exception of the White Sand graphic novel because I can't find it anywhere for the life of me :( ] and have read most at least twice over (I'm debating between rereading Elantris or Mistborn Era 2 next because those are the last novels on my list for a second read.)

Some personal information about me: I'm a freelance filmmaker and am currently in the process of writing my first novel, its an adult fantasy centered on a young man whose adopted father and sister go missing, thrusting him into a journey he never wanted to go on and leading him to learn about a secret organization of magic users who have been controlling things in his country for as long as it's been in existence. That puts him in a key position to change the country alongside a band of revolutionaries who wish to tear down the corrupt council that takes advantage of those with power for their own gain.

I've known about the community here for almost as long as I've known about the Cosmere, (and can I just say, Im SUPER thankful to everyone who put together the amazing coppermind wiki. It's my go to resource for cosmere lore.) but for some reason I never joined as a contributer until today... so I'm excited to get to know everyone here and have some epic discussions about Brandon's Epic work!

Any tips you all can give me for navigating the forums and sticking to the rules are appreciated! See you all in the cognitive realm ;)

Welcome to the Shard or as I call it the Perpendicularity of Brandon! As a fellow (or at least aspiring) artist I can say that this community has much to offer especially in the creative realm! Once again welcome. I think I can speak for the Shard when I say that we look forward to seeing all that you bring to the table! 

Welcome to the Shard! As you can see, everyone is very inviting around the forums and, since you've started already, we hope to see you theorising around the forums.

It's a MASSIVE undertaking coming on to so many theories and discussions but I would just stick to the forums you're highly interested in first and then move onto everything else.

Like the Sanderlanche, it will all slowly yet massively fall into place ^_^

See you around!

3 hours ago, Wander89 said:

Like the Sanderlanche, it will all slowly yet massively fall into place ^_^

See you around!

My heads been a massive Sanderlanch the past few months. I’m just glad I found a place to put all the falling snow so it stops rattling my brain :rolleyes:

2 hours ago, Lunu’anaki said:

My heads been a massive Sanderlanch the past few months. I’m just glad I found a place to put all the falling snow so it stops rattling my brain :rolleyes:

You have a place in your head that depicts fallen snow? Are you Stephen Leeds?! :o

On 11/2/2019 at 3:13 PM, Wander89 said:

You have a place in your head that depicts fallen snow? Are you Stephen Leeds?! :o

No, but one of my alternate personalities is just really good at shoveling driveways. Very useful in the winter. :P

9 hours ago, WalshLover said:

Hello and welcome! Glad to have you with us. :)

Thanks!! It's been fun so far!!

24 minutes ago, Wander89 said:

Do they do voluntary work? :o

He say's he'll consider it for a $150 down payment and $28/hr.

...he told me to tell you he provides a "luxury" service and you won't regret buying in today.

What?

No.

No I won't say that!! That's not a discount!

ahem... Sorry @Wander89. Where were we?