Jakamav?

56 minutes ago, Toaster Retribution said:

Jakamav seemed to be set up for a conflict with Adolin. But there wasnt really much payoff between them in the duel. Do we think he will reappear?

Maybe I am confusing who's who, but wasn't he sent back to his family estates in disgrace?

I can't say that I ever saw a conflict being set up there. 

He was set up as someone who Adolin seemed to consider as a friend, and who distanced himself when things started getting politically difficult... And then you see him at the duel where Adolin feels betrayed. 

I don't think there's more to this story. 

I think we'll see Jakamov sometime later as a "hey here's how the Alethi as a culture has changed" sort of role (and probably in passing), because he very much seemed to be a way to differentiate Adolin from the average Alethi upper crust. I don't think he wants to repeat what he did with Elend's friends, and the Alethi highprince game just isn't going to be nearly as relevant moving forward

1 hour ago, The traveller said:

Also what about the one whose Shardblade shrieked during the duel when Kaladin touched it.. Was that Relis? or jakamav? 
I have never understood why he too heard the scream..? Was he too a very nascent stage potential radiant?

Contact with Kaladin cause the blade to slightly stir to life due to a sort of resonance with Kaladin's bond. 

Relis, as the person actually bonded to the blade, actually heard the blade better than Kaladin did. All that Kaladin heard was screaming, but Relis actually heard the words, which is why he fled the arena screaming how "I didn't kill you" 

• Chaos locked this topic