Game of Thrones character sorted into orders

bmcclure7

Bondsmiths: Jon Snow, Daenerys Targaryen, Jaime Lannister. 

Windrunners: Ned Stark, Rob Stark,Caitlyn Stark, the Blackfish , Brienne. 

Lightweavers: Sansa Stark, Varus the spider,  Cierse Lannister.

Truthwatchers: Samwell Tarly, Marwyn the mage.

Dustbringers: Arya Stark, the Hound, Stone heart, Robert Baratheon, Gendry Baratheon.

Skybreakers: Mormont, Lord Commander Momont, Stannis, the onion knight.

Elsecallers: Brandon Stark, Tyrion Lannister, the red woman. 

Edgedancers: Dondarrion, Thoros of myr.

Willshapers: The Red Viper, Tommen Baratheon, Rickard Stark.

Stonewards: Ser Barristan Selmy. 

Any thoughts?

Edited by bmcclure7

Bondsmiths: I cannot imagine Jaime as a Bondsmith. Who is he uniting? Robert Baratheon is a better fit. Jon Snow and Dany are right where they belong.

Windrunners: Ned Stark and Brienne as Windrunners? Yes. Cat, Blackfish and Rob though? No; why would they be in that group? I would also add Davos here.

Lightweavers: This group is spot on. Cersie would totally fail while Sansa rapidly develops.

Skybreakers: Stannis is the only person I can see fitting this group. Maybe Arthur Dayne and Gerold Hightower due to their prioritizing oaths over what is morally right.

Elsecallers: Mel I can see as an Elsecaller. Brandon Stark though?

Edgedancers: Septon Maribald, the Elder Brother, and Eddard Stark

Willshapers: The Red Viper and The Wandering Wolf

I dont know enough about the other orders to say.

Edited by Nymeros

Bondsmiths: Jon Snow, Bran Stark (though he's closer to Nightwatcher really), Aegon VI Targaryen (book version)

I think that Daenerys is closer to Nale - she has access to supercharged Gravity and Division (dragons), a legion of Skybreaker followers (the Unsullied) and can create laws to support her insane/cruel behaviour 

Jaime Lannister (book version) seems like a Windrunner squire on his way to become a Windrunner, due to Brienne's influence

Dustbringers: Mad King and Cersei. Both share their fascination with fire :)

Lady Stoneheart is a Skybreaker on a mission to punish those that broke the sacred laws of hospitality

High Sparrow is an Edgedancer gone really dark

10 minutes ago, KandraAllomancer said:

Dustbringers: Mad King and Cersei. Both share their fascination with fire :)

Neither of them are either personally brave or loyal.

10 minutes ago, KandraAllomancer said:

Lady Stoneheart is a Skybreaker on a mission to punish those that broke the sacred laws of hospitality

High Sparrow is an Edgedancer gone really dark

Well done on these two.

3 hours ago, Karger said:

Neither of them are either personally brave or loyal.

That might have mattered more during the Heraldic Epochs (though, as Nohadon claims in TWoK, not all spren are as discerning as honorspren). After the Recreance, ashpsren want two things in the Physical Realm: break things and exact vengeance on humans. Aerys and Cersei provide both in spades. 

14 hours ago, KandraAllomancer said:

That might have mattered more during the Heraldic Epochs (though, as Nohadon claims in TWoK, not all spren are as discerning as honorspren). After the Recreance, ashpsren want two things in the Physical Realm: break things and exact vengeance on humans. Aerys and Cersei provide both in spades. 

That is only one Ashspren.  Malata was specifically chosen by the diagram in an attempt to get at least one Radiant on their side.  Spensa from Skyward would also be a Dustbrginer and although she is amazingly aggressive she is nothing like either of them.

43 minutes ago, Karger said:

That is only one Ashspren.  Malata was specifically chosen by the diagram in an attempt to get at least one Radiant on their side.  Spensa from Skyward would also be a Dustbrginer and although she is amazingly aggressive she is nothing like either of them.

According to the Diagram, Dustbringers are the most likely order of Knights Radiant to accept the Diagram's cause, so this attitude would probably be shared by at least some other ashspren. I agree, though, that most of them wouldn't condone that behavior (and wouldn't bond with human anyway, after the Recreance).

1 hour ago, KandraAllomancer said:

According to the Diagram, Dustbringers are the most likely order of Knights Radiant to accept the Diagram's cause, so this attitude would probably be shared by at least some other ashspren. I agree, though, that most of them wouldn't condone that behavior (and wouldn't bond with human anyway, after the Recreance).

Amenable does not mean that is a primary attribute. It just means they are open to the idea, or can be convinced. Just like with Skybreakers, I do not think we can take the current incarnation of both orders and judge them as a whole. With the skybreakers, they have an insane herald leading them coloring their actions. I think the fact that Szeth begins to question and breaks away, says to me that the skybreakers we meet in the book in "modern day" are not necessarily the hallmark of the entire order for its entire tenure. So too with Releasers. Just because we have met Malata, and that the diagram mentioned them potentially being amendable to the cause currently, does not mean the whole order functions that way and does not mean every member will think that way. 

edit: the quote

Oathbringer page 566

"Adrotagia had entered with Malata, the Dustbringer; they were growing in companionship as Adrotagia attempted to secure an emotional bond with this lesser Diagram member who had suddenly been thrust into its upper echelons, an even predicted by the Diagram - which explained that the Dustbringers would be the Radiants most likely to accept their cause, and at that Taravangian felt proud, for actually locating one of their number who could bond a spren had not, by any means, been an assured accomplishment

Edited by Pathfinder

15 hours ago, KandraAllomancer said:

@Pathfinder

To be honest, my theory is only that, if any spren would bond with Aerys or Cersei, it would be some vengeful, rogue ashspen. Nothing less, nothing more.

Personally I disagree, but as there is so much we do not know about what each spren looks for in a candidate, then just about anyone is likely. So I wish you luck with your theory. 

• Chaos locked this topic