Radiants had tvs or computer screens and electricity

Dragonangel

Is it way off to try to assume that the ancient Radiants had tv's or computers? 

This theory comes from Oathbringer pages 146 and 147.  "Teshav had finished pointing out the strange glass panes on the inner walls that seemed like windows, only clouded.  She moved on to the pairs of discs on the floor and ceiling that looked something like the top and bottom of a pillar that had been removed - a feature of a number of rooms they'd explored.

Could the glass panes be screens and the discs be the outlets?

5 hours ago, Dragonangel said:

the pairs of discs on the floor and ceiling that looked something like the top and bottom of a pillar that had been removed - a feature of a number of rooms they'd explored.

Short range versions of oath gates?

3 hours ago, Oltux72 said:

Short range versions of oath gates?

i like where this is going. 

and i also remember somthing about that sheer glass wall that urithiru has. it keeps getting mentioned by people. that it is absurd. Sounds like foreshadowing to me.

8 minutes ago, Govir said:

Or maybe just landing spaces for incoming Elsecallers? i.e. a standardized place to always keep clear.

9 minutes ago, Govir said:

Or maybe just landing spaces for incoming Elsecallers? i.e. a standardized place to always keep clear.

I like the idea, but why on the ceiling as well?

Just now, Govir said:

Then they should have labels. The consequence of two people elsecalling to the same area is unlikely to be pretty.

Yet the dimensions more or less are a reminder of the human body. They may just be 3D-screens. But then conference rooms should have multiple of them quite in the center of rooms. If however, they are supposed to serve physical transport we would expect that important rooms may have multiples, but they should be along the walls to not take up interior space.

Just now, Dragonangel said:

I like the idea, but why on the ceiling as well?

To isolate an area. An exchange at exactly the time somebody is leaving or entering a teleport area may lead to a fatal bisection. They would need a mechanism to curtain off the volume inside both places before the transfer takes place.

Why would elsecallers or willshapers need any oathgate type mini mechanism to travel

they should be able to manage it independently but may be other radiants used these? 

i had originally thought that these discs could be some kind of stormlight beams for more light into rooms. 

1 hour ago, The traveller said:

i had originally thought that these discs could be some kind of stormlight beams for more light into rooms. 

On the floor?

1 hour ago, The traveller said:

Why would elsecallers or willshapers need any oathgate type mini mechanism to travel

They are apparently not all that great at aiming, at least in the beginning.

3 hours ago, Oltux72 said:

On the floor?

They are apparently not all that great at aiming, at least in the beginning.

may be ? i dont know.. like i said the transportation one sounds like a much better idea but i think may be it is for squires of these orders, who need help to aim, or other KRs...

On 9/29/2019 at 9:20 PM, Dragonangel said:

Is it way off to try to assume that the ancient Radiants had tv's or computers? 

This theory comes from Oathbringer pages 146 and 147.  "Teshav had finished pointing out the strange glass panes on the inner walls that seemed like windows, only clouded.  She moved on to the pairs of discs on the floor and ceiling that looked something like the top and bottom of a pillar that had been removed - a feature of a number of rooms they'd explored.

Could the glass panes be screens and the discs be the outlets?

Only if they turn it into a Graphic Novel...

• Chaos locked this topic