The Bleeding Spike Tavern

Elend  Venture

1 minute ago, Sorana said:

"Okay." Mike nodded, and then pushed the door open. They were greeted by the sounds of guests and for a moment he feared that it would be crowded, but only about half of the tables were filled with people.

Looking around he chose one a little to the side, where he would be able to keep his back to a wall and have most of the windows and chairs easily within view. Sitting down he looked through the menu, trying to decide what to drink. Nothing too strong, he needed to keep his head clear if he wanted to grab a few more things tonight. "When you've chosen I'll go and fetch your drink." he offered while closing the menu and pushing it over to her.

Freya looks down at the menu, absently twisting the end of her braid around her fingers.  "Um, tea if there is any, or failing that, whatever has the least amount of alcohol would be nice."

Mist taps at the back of her neck to get her attention.  "You can burn off the alcohol, Freya."

"Doesn't mean I want to," she murmurs as quietly as possible, handing the menu back to Mike.

"Here," she holds out a few spheres.  "To pay for my drink."

23 hours ago, Spren of Kindness said:

Freya looks down at the menu, absently twisting the end of her braid around her fingers.  "Um, tea if there is any, or failing that, whatever has the least amount of alcohol would be nice."

Mist taps at the back of her neck to get her attention.  "You can burn off the alcohol, Freya."

"Doesn't mean I want to," she murmurs as quietly as possible, handing the menu back to Mike.

"Here," she holds out a few spheres.  "To pay for my drink."

Hesitating Mike looked at the spheres. He had planned to pay for her drink, to invite her, but to decline the money, it felt wrong. He wondered whether he maybe could take only a part of it, it would be nice to save some, be able to buy a roll for breakfast tomorrow.

"It's not neccessary." he smiled at her and then quickly turned around and headed over to the bar, before he could change his mind. Stupid. This was outright stupid. Who cared for manners after all. Gritting his teeth in slight frustration at himself he realized that he cared. There was still a part of him, that remembered the way his mom had handeled things. She would have smacked him on the head for even considering to take her money. And rightly so.

"A tea, please." he ordered and then added. "And some apple juice mixed with sparkling water." He placed the according number of chrysts on the bar and waited for the barman to prepare your drinks. "A fruit tea, if you have one." he added, remembering that tea wasn't the same as tea. The man snorted and held up a bottle, containing rum or something the like, wordlessly asking if he should add it to the hot water. "No, thank you." Mike declined, turning a little so that he could see more of the room. With another grunt the man placed his glass on the bar, shortly followed by a large cup full of steaming hot water.

Balancing his glass and her large cup in his hands he slowly walked back to the table, placed them down in front of her. "Here you are. I hope you like it."

He sat down again, unsure what to do now. "Thank you." he finally added quietly, looking down into the sparkling yellowish liquid in his glass.

3 minutes ago, Sorana said:

Hesitating Mike looked at the spheres. He had planned to pay for her drink, to invite her, but to decline the money, it felt wrong. He wondered whether he maybe could take only a part of it, it would be nice to save some, be able to buy a roll for breakfast tomorrow.

"It's not neccessary." he smiled at her and then quickly turned around and headed over to the bar, before he could change his mind. Stupid. This was outright stupid. Who cared for manners after all. Gritting his teeth in slight frustration at himself he realized that he cared. There was still a part of him, that remembered the way his mom had handeled things. She would have smacked him on the head for even considering to take her money. And rightly so.

"A tea, please." he ordered and then added. "And some apple juice mixed with sparkling water." He placed the according number of chrysts on the bar and waited for the barman to prepare your drinks. "A fruit tea, if you have one." he added, remembering that tea wasn't the same as tea. The man snorted and held up a bottle, containing rum or something the like, wordlessly asking if he should add it to the hot water. "No, thank you." Mike declined, turning a little so that he could see more of the room. With another grunt the man placed his glass on the bar, shortly followed by a large cup full of steaming hot water.

Balancing his glass and her large cup in his hands he slowly walked back to the table, placed them down in front of her. "Here you are. I hope you like it."

He sat down again, unsure what to do now. "Thank you." he finally added quietly, looking down into the sparkling yellowish liquid in his glass.

"You're welcome,"  She sips carefully at the tea.  It's good.  Not as warm as she would prefer, but good, with a citrus undertone.  She's come to enjoy citrus fruits since she left Roshar.  "And thank you for getting this.  It's very nice."  She tries not to fidget, resting her elbows on the table.  "So, um... do you like the Alley City?"

45 minutes ago, Spren of Kindness said:

"You're welcome,"  She sips carefully at the tea.  It's good.  Not as warm as she would prefer, but good, with a citrus undertone.  She's come to enjoy citrus fruits since she left Roshar.  "And thank you for getting this.  It's very nice."  She tries not to fidget, resting her elbows on the table.  "So, um... do you like the Alley City?"

"I grew up here." Mike gave a slight shrug. "Don't know if that counts as liking it though." he lifted his glass to his lips and drank, the sweet and sour juice making him smile. It had been too long since he'd gotten something nice and good to drink. "The city can swallow you, easily at that. I know my way around -" he stopped remembering how he had stumbled into the shop, utterly convinced it was a tavern. "Most of the time." he amended quickly and tried to shove the cold feeling that ran slong his spine away. Something was wrong, he shouldn't even be here. He should be - they were - the thought fled him and the smiled at the girl again.

"I like how many different people are around, all coming from different places." he placed down his glass again, his stomach grumbling quietly again. Food. He had forgotten to order some food. "And you? Are you from arond here, or from a different world?" his voice grew slightly excited at his last words, the prospect to talk to someone willing to tell him a little more about the other worlds apart from 'they exist, they are dangerous, they are different' enticing.

6 hours ago, Sorana said:

"I grew up here." Mike gave a slight shrug. "Don't know if that counts as liking it though." he lifted his glass to his lips and drank, the sweet and sour juice making him smile. It had been too long since he'd gotten something nice and good to drink. "The city can swallow you, easily at that. I know my way around -" he stopped remembering how he had stumbled into the shop, utterly convinced it was a tavern. "Most of the time." he amended quickly and tried to shove the cold feeling that ran slong his spine away. Something was wrong, he shouldn't even be here. He should be - they were - the thought fled him and the smiled at the girl again.

"I like how many different people are around, all coming from different places." he placed down his glass again, his stomach grumbling quietly again. Food. He had forgotten to order some food. "And you? Are you from arond here, or from a different world?" his voice grew slightly excited at his last words, the prospect to talk to someone willing to tell him a little more about the other worlds apart from 'they exist, they are dangerous, they are different' enticing.

"I'm from Roshar," Freya says.  "Where I lived wasn't really like the Alley City, except for the storms.  We had highstorms every few days.  They're powerful, but they're also terrifying, and at the same time, enticing."  She takes another sip of her tea.  "There's a lot more people here, which is kind of nice."

"I agree, it's nice how's there's so many people from different places.  It feels so unique."

16 hours ago, Spren of Kindness said:

"I'm from Roshar," Freya says.  "Where I lived wasn't really like the Alley City, except for the storms.  We had highstorms every few days.  They're powerful, but they're also terrifying, and at the same time, enticing."  She takes another sip of her tea.  "There's a lot more people here, which is kind of nice."

"I agree, it's nice how's there's so many people from different places.  It feels so unique."

Mike nodded, smiled at her. "It has to be fascinating to see more than one world." he mused. "I always wondered how the whole travelling part really works. You know, people talk about portals and these - per, perpendiculies? But in the end it's just a huge vague mess to me."

Shrugging he tugged on his gloves again, straightening them, despite the fact that they already were sitting very comfortably on his hands. "Sometimes -" he started, and then paused, looked into her eyes, unsure whether he should go on. "Sometimes I wish, I would be from one of them. Not knowing what's outside, without all of this complicated magic and all that. Just a normal life." He had heard stories about cities moving through the sky, or crawling over the earth, changing place every now and then. Their rulers were cruel - but he didn't care about that. The guilds controlling this city were cruel, too.

Sheepishly he added, "I always feel a bit outclassed you know? I'm noone special, but this city evolves around the special ones." after a short pause he added his mouth turning into a smile, "like you. You are special."

Would you like some action? e.g. a thief grabbing Mike's bag and we hunt him down (or whatever else)? I'm perfectly fine with a longer conversation - but I don't want to bore you :rolleyes:

7 hours ago, Sorana said:

Mike nodded, smiled at her. "It has to be fascinating to see more than one world." he mused. "I always wondered how the whole travelling part really works. You know, people talk about portals and these - per, perpendiculies? But in the end it's just a huge vague mess to me."

Shrugging he tugged on his gloves again, straightening them, despite the fact that they already were sitting very comfortably on his hands. "Sometimes -" he started, and then paused, looked into her eyes, unsure whether he should go on. "Sometimes I wish, I would be from one of them. Not knowing what's outside, without all of this complicated magic and all that. Just a normal life." He had heard stories about cities moving through the sky, or crawling over the earth, changing place every now and then. Their rulers were cruel - but he didn't care about that. The guilds controlling this city were cruel, too.

Sheepishly he added, "I always feel a bit outclassed you know? I'm noone special, but this city evolves around the special ones." after a short pause he added his mouth turning into a smile, "like you. You are special."

"Everyone's special," Freya points out.  "I'm just a bit more obvious."

Yeah, that sounds cool.

On 30.7.2020 at 4:14 PM, Spren of Kindness said:

"Everyone's special," Freya points out.  "I'm just a bit more obvious."

"Point for you." Mike agreed and lifted his glass again. He needed to stop going through his drink so fast, otherwise he would end up with an empty glass while she was still waiting for her tea to cool down. He set it down on the table again without drinking anything, trying to sort his thoughts.

"I just - sometimes I feel as if things would be easier if I could do something special. Something more than just walk around and -" he fell silent when he noticed that his sentece would end with 'break into houses and steal things' which she probably wouldn't like. Instead he simply shrugged, and looked down at his hands, hoping she hadn't noticed his slip of tongue.

When he looked up again, he saw a figure, a man - maybe, it was hard to judge with the jacket they wore, leave the tavern, his own bag slung over his shoulder. Paling Mike jumped to his feet and pointed at him. "my bag." he gasped and looked back at Freya, unsure whether he could simply leave her behind or not. If the thief had any kind of investiture it would be suicide to follow them, to even try to get the bag back.

"Point for you." Mike agreed and lifted his glass again. He needed to stop going through his drink so fast, otherwise he would end up with an empty glass while she was still waiting for her tea to cool down. He set it down on the table again without drinking anything, trying to sort his thoughts.

"I just - sometimes I feel as if things would be easier if I could do something special. Something more than just walk around and -" he fell silent when he noticed that his sentece would end with 'break into houses and steal things' which she probably wouldn't like. Instead he simply shrugged, and looked down at his hands, hoping she hadn't noticed his slip of tongue.

When he looked up again, he saw a figure, a man - maybe, it was hard to judge with the jacket they wore, leave the tavern, his own bag slung over his shoulder. Paling Mike jumped to his feet and pointed at him. "my bag." he gasped and looked back at Freya, unsure whether he could simply leave her behind or not. If the thief had any kind of investiture it would be suicide to follow them, to even try to get the bag back.

Freya jumps to her feet, slams her knees into the tabletop.  It stings a bit, but fades quickly.  "I'll come with you.  If I can get close enough - "  She shoves her chair out of the way completely.  "Come on!"

Oh, well.  The tea had been good.

Just now, Spren of Kindness said:

Freya jumps to her feet, slams her knees into the tabletop.  It stings a bit, but fades quickly.  "I'll come with you.  If I can get close enough - "  She shoves her chair out of the way completely.  "Come on!"

Oh, well.  The tea had been good.

Grateful Mike shot her a glance before running towards the door. He pushed it open, nearly stumbling into a woman entering the tavern and then looked around. Running. He was running, but this time he wasn't the hunted one, this time he was the one hunting. And it felt good. For a moment his eyes cleared up a little, easily adjusted to the light outside and the turned his head to the left and right, tried to figure out where the thief had gone.

He inhaled deeply, noticed how the air smelled like a night should, cool and moist. "There." he pointed to their right, at a figure walking through the streets, towards one of the more busier places at night. Trusting Freya with his back he conciously turned away from her and started to run, to follow the man.

Feel free to interact with the thief, do to him whatever you want to (if you want to). He's an NPC, so I don't really care what happens to him.

Grateful Mike shot her a glance before running towards the door. He pushed it open, nearly stumbling into a woman entering the tavern and then looked around. Running. He was running, but this time he wasn't the hunted one, this time he was the one hunting. And it felt good. For a moment his eyes cleared up a little, easily adjusted to the light outside and the turned his head to the left and right, tried to figure out where the thief had gone.

He inhaled deeply, noticed how the air smelled like a night should, cool and moist. "There." he pointed to their right, at a figure walking through the streets, towards one of the more busier places at night. Trusting Freya with his back he conciously turned away from her and started to run, to follow the man.

Freya jogs, trying not to create too much of a disturbance in the crowd.  She doesn't have enough control yet.  She feels at her pouch of spheres - she can sense the Light contained inside.  She tugs at the drawstring of her of her cloak, removing it, and leaving her in tunic, trousers, and glove.  "Can you hold this?"  She asks Mike, handing him the cloak.  "I can catch up."

She breathes.  Light rushes in, and she feels her strides lengthen, letting her run faster.  Closer.  Closer.

Then, she lets herself slide, pushing off on one foot the way Mist had explained, slipping, falling forward, and tackling the thief to the ground, grabbing the bag in one hand.

She keeps sliding, and she coughs as her side hits the ground, forcefully expelling the Stormlight, and coming to a sudden halt.  "Ow."

I think Abrasion lets me do that. 

Byron ran across the streets, hardly seeing.

Oh, he saw. He saw the remnants of the festival-goers drifting through alleys and Alleys. He saw a pickpocket get taken down by two pursuers. He saw a shadowy wall all around. He didn't know what of it was real anymore.

He came to a place - tavern - called the Bleeding Spike. He didn't have time to wonder what it might mean. He just ran inside, and collapsed on the nearest thing that looked like a chair.

He needed...

He didn't know what he needed. But he definitely wanted a drink. Alcohol, orange juice... something.

He needed...

On 3.8.2020 at 8:54 AM, Spren of Kindness said:

She keeps sliding, and she coughs as her side hits the ground, forcefully expelling the Stormlight, and coming to a sudden halt.  "Ow."

Surprised Mike closed his hand around the cloak, but never stopped running after the thief. The fabric was soft, way softer than anything he owned and for a second he pictured himself wearing this cloak, changing his course and running away, leaving Freya behind. Such a nice cloak could fetch quite a good price.

A man ran past him, stumbled into the tavern, but Mike ignored him, discarded him as another drunk stumbling through the streets as the festival came to its end. Instead his feet continued to follow Freya, all thoughts of leaving her behind forgotten when he watcher her take down the thief in a single motion, easily tackling him to the ground and grabbing the bag from him in the same motion.

Impressed he came to a halt in front of her, turned towards the thief his hand reaching for a knife. "Who are you?" he asked, after a short glance down at Freya, she wasn't hurt, at least not in a way he could see. The man, more a teen looked up at him, clutching his arm where he had fallen down on it. "Xaver." he replied and spat out, staggered to his look. "Look, you got me - now just let me go. No hard feelings man, just had to try. You were so focused on that girl of yours, it was like a piece of gold lying on the street, alone."

Gritting his teeth Mike frowned. He was right, Xaver was right. Xaver. "Do I know you?" he asked he voice shaking. Xaver. Was that - no, the name wasn't right, there was something off, something strange. Xaver. It was close but still different and he found himself staring at the other one intensely. "I don't think so." Xaver replied and took a step back, as if preparing himself to flee.

4 hours ago, Sorana said:

Surprised Mike closed his hand around the cloak, but never stopped running after the thief. The fabric was soft, way softer than anything he owned and for a second he pictured himself wearing this cloak, changing his course and running away, leaving Freya behind. Such a nice cloak could fetch quite a good price.

A man ran past him, stumbled into the tavern, but Mike ignored him, discarded him as another drunk stumbling through the streets as the festival came to its end. Instead his feet continued to follow Freya, all thoughts of leaving her behind forgotten when he watcher her take down the thief in a single motion, easily tackling him to the ground and grabbing the bag from him in the same motion.

Impressed he came to a halt in front of her, turned towards the thief his hand reaching for a knife. "Who are you?" he asked, after a short glance down at Freya, she wasn't hurt, at least not in a way he could see. The man, more a teen looked up at him, clutching his arm where he had fallen down on it. "Xaver." he replied and spat out, staggered to his look. "Look, you got me - now just let me go. No hard feelings man, just had to try. You were so focused on that girl of yours, it was like a piece of gold lying on the street, alone."

Gritting his teeth Mike frowned. He was right, Xaver was right. Xaver. "Do I know you?" he asked he voice shaking. Xaver. Was that - no, the name wasn't right, there was something off, something strange. Xaver. It was close but still different and he found himself staring at the other one intensely. "I don't think so." Xaver replied and took a step back, as if preparing himself to flee.

Freya gets to her feet, rubbing her shoulder as the thief - Xaver? - and Mike talk.  She feels a little bit empty now, without the Stormlight.  That always happens.

"Here," she hands the bag to Mike.

16 hours ago, Spren of Kindness said:

Freya gets to her feet, rubbing her shoulder as the thief - Xaver? - and Mike talk.  She feels a little bit empty now, without the Stormlight.  That always happens.

"Here," she hands the bag to Mike.

Mike stared at Xaver, he knew him, he knew he knew him, but the face, the face was wrong. It was only the name, nothing but the name that made him wish he had never heard it in the first place. This name. It rang a bell, a bell he had never known existed.

"What?" he asked and turned to Freya, realizing the thief had long fled and he had been staring into the air all the time. She held out his bag, offering it to him. "Oh, thanks." He took it, opened it to make sure its contents were still there before slinging it over one shoulder.

"Are you alright?" he asked a little too late, remembering that she had fallen down after catching up with the thief.

Mike stared at Xaver, he knew him, he knew he knew him, but the face, the face was wrong. It was only the name, nothing but the name that made him wish he had never heard it in the first place. This name. It rang a bell, a bell he had never known existed.

"What?" he asked and turned to Freya, realizing the thief had long fled and he had been staring into the air all the time. She held out his bag, offering it to him. "Oh, thanks." He took it, opened it to make sure its contents were still there before slinging it over one shoulder.

"Are you alright?" he asked a little too late, remembering that she had fallen down after catching up with the thief.

"I'm fine." She smiles, brushing off her clothes.  Something nags at her.  "Are you alright?"  Staring at nothing like that must mean something.  Maybe he has a spren as well?

8 minutes ago, Spren of Kindness said:

"I'm fine." She smiles, brushing off her clothes.  Something nags at her.  "Are you alright?"  Staring at nothing like that must mean something.  Maybe he has a spren as well?

"I think so, yes." Mike lied and forced a smile back on his face. Tried to get rid of the feeling that he knew this guy. "I think I knew someone like him." he added cautiously, tried to see how she would react. "And I feel like, as if I need to find them, as if I need to talk to them - but I can't. I, the face was wrong, but the name, the name was familiar. Not right, but close. So close that I can't -"

He balled his hands into fists, frowned, turned away from her to hide his face, one fist moving against his chest, just over one of the spots he knew were there. The circular shapes, the ones that came and vanished and came and canished.

"I need to find him." he repeated, desperation rising in his voice. "He knows, I know that he knows. What they are and why. And why they are gone, why they left me alone." His breathing picked up, while he spoke, his words quick, anguished. "He knows but I don't know, who he is. I don't know what he knows, only that he does. And I don't even know who left."

8 hours ago, Sorana said:

"I think so, yes." Mike lied and forced a smile back on his face. Tried to get rid of the feeling that he knew this guy. "I think I knew someone like him." he added cautiously, tried to see how she would react. "And I feel like, as if I need to find them, as if I need to talk to them - but I can't. I, the face was wrong, but the name, the name was familiar. Not right, but close. So close that I can't -"

He balled his hands into fists, frowned, turned away from her to hide his face, one fist moving against his chest, just over one of the spots he knew were there. The circular shapes, the ones that came and vanished and came and canished.

"I need to find him." he repeated, desperation rising in his voice. "He knows, I know that he knows. What they are and why. And why they are gone, why they left me alone." His breathing picked up, while he spoke, his words quick, anguished. "He knows but I don't know, who he is. I don't know what he knows, only that he does. And I don't even know who left."

"Who left you?"  Freya questions, worried.  Did he lose his Nahel bond?  Is he searching for his spren?

no one deserves to be left alone Mist says, and she nods, murmuring quietly, 'You're right."  She raises her voice to a normal tone.  "I'll help you find whoever it is.  That is, if you want me too."

Are you okay with the 'Freya thinks Mike is a Radiant' side plot?  I know miscommunication and assumptions can get annoying, it would be fairly easy to drop it if you want.

Edited by Spren of Kindness

Meredith sat in the shadows of an alley, rummaging through her backpack. Yes, she very much was liking the alleys in this city. They provided a home for lost Shadows, protecting the darkness and void. She glanced at the shadows fading into the light. The poor things. Killed by the very thing that created them. All Shadows need light to exist. Meredith knew this better than anyone. The Shadow had just stolen from three different households. The owners of the houses didn't even know that it happened yet. Ah... The thrill of stealing. It wasn't that big when doing petty theft, but it was still worth the trouble. Meredith also wanted some tea, and had run out of chrysts. Realistically, she wouldn't be able to get tea that night. She may not be able to enjoy a relaxing night with tea for years, well, at least until she had completed her mission.

Meredith could hear inviting talking and laughter coming from that nearby tavern, what was it called, The Bleeding Spike? Oh, how she wanted to join them! To morph into some rich noble, or a serious no-nonsense teacher, or maybe, just a lonely girl who needed some company. But, no. The Shadow knew what she needed to do. She clasped her black leather bag shut, and heaved it onto her back as she stood up. Though anyone who saw her probably wouldn't be able to discern her features from the dark, she had her hair pulled tight into a pony tail, the black curls falling from the scrunchy. She wore a black turtleneck and a thin black cloth covering her mouth and nose tied in the back. Her black leather boots stuck out from beneath her black trousers. What she hoped was the most distinctive about her appearance was her black eyes. Meredith used eye drops, but that was her secret. The entire eye was black, making her look as if she was brimming with darkness, that yearned to escape.

The Shadow took a step into the light. The tavern, the laughter, was just to her right, but the way to The Anarchist was to her left. She glanced toward the white washed tavern, light seeping from the door and walls. So inviting, yet so opposite from everything that she thought she was. She turned to her left, and strolled off into the night.

Edited by Scarletfox

"Who left you?"  Freya questions, worried.  Did he lose his Nahel bond?  Is he searching for his spren?

no one deserves to be left alone Mist says, and she nods, murmuring quietly, 'You're right."  She raises her voice to a normal tone.  "I'll help you find whoever it is.  That is, if you want me too."

"I - " Mike started, pressed a hand to his forehead. "It's hard - I, I don't know who they are." he admitted quietly and then with a sigh closed his eyes. "Yes." he nodded, coming to a decision. "Yes, we can do that."

He looked up, smiled at her, relieved beyond words that she hadn't run away yet, that she actually decided to stay. A Radiant staying with a thief. Well, she didn't know he was a thief, but still. "He was older than I am." he started, leaned against a nearby wall and tried to collect his thoughts. They were fuzzy, hard to cage and to place a finger on what he knew and what he didn't. As if a fog was clouding his mind, had wrapped itself around his thoughts.

"Yes, I think he was older. Not much, I remember a face that didn't appear too old, but a little older. Dark cloths." Or maybe not. He frowned. "I'm not sure. I just, I know he's gone, but the rest - " he lifted his shoulders in a helpless gesture. "Maybe we should ask for help? A professional who knows how to do this?"

Just now, Sorana said:

"I - " Mike started, pressed a hand to his forehead. "It's hard - I, I don't know who they are." he admitted quietly and then with a sigh closed his eyes. "Yes." he nodded, coming to a decision. "Yes, we can do that."

He looked up, smiled at her, relieved beyond words that she hadn't run away yet, that she actually decided to stay. A Radiant staying with a thief. Well, she didn't know he was a thief, but still. "He was older than I am." he started, leaned against a nearby wall and tried to collect his thoughts. They were fuzzy, hard to cage and to place a finger on what he knew and what he didn't. As if a fog was clouding his mind, had wrapped itself around his thoughts.

"Yes, I think he was older. Not much, I remember a face that didn't appear too old, but a little older. Dark cloths." Or maybe not. He frowned. "I'm not sure. I just, I know he's gone, but the rest - " he lifted his shoulders in a helpless gesture. "Maybe we should ask for help? A professional who knows how to do this?"

"That sounds like a good idea.  I imagine it won't be terribly hard to find someone like that here."  Freya says slowly.  That, she's certain of.  She does wonder if maybe Mike needs help other than finding this man, but that's not really her buisness, is it?

it kind of is Mist says.  you are a Radiant, Freya

4 minutes ago, Spren of Kindness said:

"That sounds like a good idea.  I imagine it won't be terribly hard to find someone like that here."  Freya says slowly.  That, she's certain of.  She does wonder if maybe Mike needs help other than finding this man, but that's not really her buisness, is it?

it kind of is Mist says.  you are a Radiant, Freya

He nodded again, eyes moving quickly through the dark alley. "There is an agency." he stated after thinking about it for a while. "I don't know how expensive they are -" he added with a slight shrug, recalling the fact that he just spent nearly all of his money. "But maybe, maybe we could ask there, even if they are too expensive to be hired, they might have a few pieces of advice for us."

Falling silent again he took a moment to orient himself. "This way." he gestured to their left, belatedly realizing that he was still carrying her cloak. Feeling awkward he stepped forward and draped it around her shoulders. "Here, it's yours." Despite the warm night, the air had started to take on a little chill, as was usual for this time of the year. The next day would be warm, but the nights could be cool, especially with a clear sky as they had today.

Just now, Sorana said:

He nodded again, eyes moving quickly through the dark alley. "There is an agency." he stated after thinking about it for a while. "I don't know how expensive they are -" he added with a slight shrug, recalling the fact that he just spent nearly all of his money. "But maybe, maybe we could ask there, even if they are too expensive to be hired, they might have a few pieces of advice for us."

Falling silent again he took a moment to orient himself. "This way." he gestured to their left, belatedly realizing that he was still carrying her cloak. Feeling awkward he stepped forward and draped it around her shoulders. "Here, it's yours." Despite the warm night, the air had started to take on a little chill, as was usual for this time of the year. The next day would be warm, but the nights could be cool, especially with a clear sky as they had today.

"Oh, thank you!"  Freya smiles as she settles the cloak properly.  It feels good to be wearing it again.  What wouldn't I give for a proper havah, she thinks.  Yes, trousers offer more mobility, but she does like havahs.  "I'm sure it can't be that expensive," she continues.

Byron jerked himself awake.

He'd apparently never ordered anything, just ran into the tavern and passed out. There were a few people looking at him, one shaking his head sadly.

Something still felt... wrong. Very, very wrong.

Byron shook his head and ran out the door, not waiting to see if people were looking. He felt like he was being... pulled toward something.

It was just a question of whether he would reach it before it ripped him apart.

"Oh, thank you!"  Freya smiles as she settles the cloak properly.  It feels good to be wearing it again.  What wouldn't I give for a proper havah, she thinks.  Yes, trousers offer more mobility, but she does like havahs.  "I'm sure it can't be that expensive," she continues.

Surprised he stepped back, wondering whether he had spoken aloud, but then realized that she had seen his poor cloths, the way he wore them and had come to the right conclusion all by herself. Money was an issue for him. Embarressed he nodded and hurriedly started along the road.

"This way." he told her, repeated himself. "A few blocks, nothing too far. Then we can see if someone is there at this hour." His fingers tugged on his gloves again, made sure they sat properly, covered a part of his hands. Find someone. It was crazy. You couldn't go and look for someone you didn't even know. How could he find someone without a face, without a real name to start with? He knew nothing. Nothing. But it was important.

His thoughts turned around and around, while he walked without really seeing the paveway. Only when his right feet ended up in a puddle of something, did he slow down, realizing that he had walked quickly, far too quickly to be polite. "Sorry." he murmured and slowed down. He hadn't missed the guy so far. If they failed, nothing would change.