The Bleeding Spike Tavern

Elend  Venture

Ambrosia had many eyes. Drones, workers. She was an influential person.

And it was time to meet this... man. Person. Thing. Creature.

Silas? Talas? She didn't know.

But it was time for... them... to meet the children. Asa and Nectar. They were walking now. They had spoken their first words. They had began walking. Their first words... both of them had the same first word, within hours of each other. She sobbed, a sob in the back of her throat, and a tear rolled down her cheek.

Dad.

She had told them stories of Silas. Of how they had met. Of the bionic hand. Of their marriage. Everything.

And yet... Talas. And she hadn't told them yet. So, as she stood their, outside the tavern, she was dressed in funeral black, and so were they. Asa was smiling slightly, and Nectar was pouting. She sighed, and leaned her head against the door. She let go of Nectar's hand, wiping the tears away, and opened the door a fraction of an inch. She then gripped Nectar's hand again, and pushed the door open with her knee.

She stood their, in the tavern doorway, holding hands with her daughters, and looked at... them.

She sobbed again, and tears began to fall freely.

@bees? @AxeliustheGreat

Tena jumped to her feet and stared as Sol woke up and glared at Tena. Tena gently petted her daughter's head, looking at Ambrosia in shock. She knew she'd regret jumping so fast later... Onyx seemed to have spasmed in her belly. That wasn't good. "Si-- Talas? There she is..."

A voice. Crying. A female voice.

familiar voice.

More than familiar. The voice of his wife. The woman he loved more than anyone in the world. The one voice he thought could have made him happy.

And yet all he felt was... 

Empty.

He knew he should be overjoyed, but he just felt guilt and shame.

”I guess that I should start,” Talas said quietly. “I’m sorry. For everything.”

@Ark1002 @AxeliustheGreat

Ambrosia looked up at him, tears filling her eyes, vision blurring.

"You would have killed me."

That wasn't what she had meant to say. The children shouldn't have to hear that. This was supposed to be her showing Talas the children. Then leaving and never coming back to this wonderful, horrible planet, this planet of a thousand alleys, this planet that had been heaven and hell.

She sobbed again.

@bees?

Tena listened, holding her baby and rocking her gently. This was going to be rough... She wanted them all to be happy, since they were all family. But this sort of situation was one she'd never seen turn out well. I have to try and help, but they need to say what they have to say first.

2 hours ago, Ark1002 said:

Ambrosia sobbed again. 

2 hours ago, Darth Woodrack said:

...watching Ambrosia with interest

Ah yes, I too feel nothing but interest at a sobbing woman who is clearly having an emotional talk with kids nearby :P 

Edited by AonEne

On 2/4/2020 at 8:42 PM, Ark1002 said:

Wait my father?

when did you try to kill hellbent?

Good point. By then, he was just Anthony, and he was simply a necessary casualty, not a mark.

"Why? A good question. But I must ask, why to what? Why did I try to kill the people I did? Why am I now so physically changed? Or are you asking why I continue to live? Because even I ask that last question many times every night."

@Ark1002

Edited by bees?