Scadrial Thread

ZincAboutIt

John motioned with his hands that he was going around the back and that Aben should go the other way. Tapping his metalmind, John made his way around the warehouse, careful not to make a sound. He got to the back without finding a door, and waited for Aben, hoping that he would be smart enough not to go in the loading dock if it was open.

@Dr. Dapper

Edited by John Flamesinger
I don't know, why do you want to know?

4 hours ago, Emperor Stick said:

The man's face went red, and he slapped Lance. "How dare you! I- I'm done with you. Guards, throw him back in." As the guards unlocked the door, it swung open.

Rudo waited, for the door to open. How could I be so careless? He heard the unlocking of the door, and kicked with all his might, expecting the door to break off, knocking out a guard, but it barely hit the guard. Rusts, I need pewter! He tackled the guard, it's cane falling to the ground. "Lance! Get the cane!" He yelled at Lance as he struggled with the guard.

Lance threw up a speed bubble and lunged for the cane, wrapping his fingers around it and dispelling the bubble just in time to whack the guard Rudo had tackled across the head with a sickening crack. Lance winced. "I hope that didn't kill him. This is not the quality of person I like to add to my body count for. You ready to get out of here, mate?"

Aben sighed and stepped up to a small side door and took a deep breath. He pulled his hood up, hiding his face, and kicked the door open. The suprised guard within barely had time to react before Aben smoothly drew his blade and rammed into the man's gut. He didn't bother to wipe the blade off and continued deeper into the warehouse. 

I belive this is your call whether more thugs show up, Stick.

16 minutes ago, Invocation said:

Lance threw up a speed bubble and lunged for the cane, wrapping his fingers around it and dispelling the bubble just in time to whack the guard Rudo had tackled across the head with a sickening crack. Lance winced. "I hope that didn't kill him. This is not the quality of person I like to add to my body count for. You ready to get out of here, mate?"

Rudo got off the guard. "Not yet. They might have information here, and I'd like to get my metalminds back." He walked down the hallway and opened the door slowly. He peeked outside the door and saw the man that had been interrogated Lance panicked, talking to more scarlet troops, pointing at the door, when one of them, looked up suddenly, towards another door. "Someone's out there." He looked to the interrogator. "You need to wait-" "But they're escaping!" What looked like the captain cursed, and ordered the troops to split up, and walked outside the door with half the scarlets, the other half walking towards the room Rudo and Lance were in. "Lance," Rudo said, "We're about to have some more company."

Edited by Emperor Stick

Just now, Emperor Stick said:

Rudo got off the guard. "Not yet. They might have information here, and I'd like to get my metalminds back." He walked down the hallway and opened the door slowly. He peeked outside the door and saw the man that had been interrogated Lance panicked, talking to more scarlet troops, pointing at the door, when one of them, looked up suddenly, towards another door. "Someone's out there." He looked to the interrogator. "You need to wait-" "But they're escaping!" What looked like the captain ordered the troops to split up, and walked outside the door with half the scarlets, the other half walking towards the room Rudo and Lance were in. "Lance," Rudo said, "We're about to have some more company."

Lance looked at Rudo incredulously. "They actually took all your metalminds? I've still got two on me. You need to work on hiding a few for emergencies. Anyway, let them come. I can handle it."

On 07/07/2019 at 0:47 AM, John Flamesinger said:

Alyssa sat thoughtfully as Brillin and Attayl talked about getting him out of the city. "I can help," she announced, sitting upright. "It depends where you want to go, though."

@I think I am here.

“Anywhere out of this city,” he said. Then he looked to Attayl.

“Thank you. I guess I’ll just have to stay here, for the time being, then.” 

9 minutes ago, I think I am here. said:

“Anywhere out of this city,” he said.

"You're welcome. If you were to leave, would you want to go to another city?" She peered at him, sunlight reflecting in her eye. "And if yes, would it have to be - " She hesitated. "Would it have to be in the Basin and Roughs, or beyond?" Alyssa leaned back. What am I offering? 

@I think I am here.

Forgot Mention. I like Trains.

1 minute ago, John Flamesinger said:

"You're welcome. If you were to leave, would you want to go to another city?" She peered at him, sunlight reflecting in her eye. "And if yes, would it have to be - " She hesitated. "Would it have to be in the Basin and Roughs, or beyond?" Alyssa leaned back. What am I offering?

“Beyond where?” Brillin said. He looked to Attayl for a second, and his tone went flat. “Unless you’re offering to take to this early other ‘planets’.”

Nerin drew the deadbolt over the parlor door and shut the curtains on the windows, hoping that no one else would come calling today. She took the tea Attayl had snagged and set it on one of the shelves behind the bar, unsure what to do. She wanted to boil water, but the kettle... The kettle was in the kitchen. Nerin leaned against the bar counter, squeezing her eyes shut, trying to keep her breathing even and calm. She listened to the sounds around her - the muffled clatter of the street outside, the blue lantern swinging on its hinge on the patio, the low murmur of conversation upstairs.

Is that Brillin's voice? Grateful for a distraction, Nerin slipped around the corner and up the stairs, studiously ignoring the door at the end of the hall. Jeb's door. Except, there was no door at the end of the hall. Nothing to worry about. She scrubbed the heel of her palm across the wetness on her cheek, catching a few strands of her long hair, and began to burn brass. It smoldered pleasantly within her, warm, comfortable. She reached Brillin's door and found it ajar, though she tapped against the doorframe anyway to announce herself.

“Beyond where?” Brillin said, eyes straying to Attayl for a moment before his voice took on an unamused tone. “Unless you’re offering to take to this early other ‘planets’.”

"More stories out of your book, Gentleman Jak?" Nerin said softly, trying out a small smile. Her mouth felt unused to the expression, though she was sure she'd smiled like this yesterday. She Soothed the room, taking away some tension, some inhibition, making the inhabitants more likely to talk, less likely to argue. The small and intricate manipulation was familiar, normal. Nerin felt her smile become more genuine. "You look well," she added delicately, not wishing to embarrass Brillin in front of John's companion.

@I think I am here. @John Flamesinger @Sorana

Edited by ZincAboutIt
Edited who was mentioned

Alyssa pressed her lips together, then sighed. "You don't believe us, then? If that's the case, then where did John get this?" She pulled out the mobile, which had been tucked in her pocket. "How do you explain this?" She spun around, and showed how the feather hanging off her ear was came out of her skin.

She calmed down, she froze, then glanced at Nerin. I forgot things like that were possible here.

Hey Zinc,

9 minutes ago, ZincAboutIt said:

embarrass Brillin in front of John and his companion.

John isn't here, it's Alyssa.

@ZincAboutIt

*Raises eyebrow* Wrong person, Nerin. You need to get your eyes checked.

11 minutes ago, John Flamesinger said:

Alyssa pressed her lips together, then sighed. "You don't believe us, then? If that's the case, then where did John get this?" She pulled out the mobile, which had been tucked in her pocket. "How do you explain this?" She spun around, and showed how the feather hanging off her ear was came out of her skin.

“I don’t even know what that is,” Brillin said, gesturing to the mobile. “Or why you would want to hold a piece of polished metal and glass.”

He turned to Nerin, who’d entered the room, and calmed. “I am,” he said, smiling again. Gentlemen Jak?

“Unfortunately no new stories, though with everything that has been going on, this will make a rather good one.” He’d already added a second note to his journal when he came back to write about this. Might want to make it a triple chapter.

5 minutes ago, I think I am here. said:

“Or why you would want to hold a piece of polished metal and glass.”

Alyssa sighed. "Push it right there." She motioned toward the button on the top of the phone.

@I think I am here.

You should play Halo.

Nerin gave the girl an extra Push of brass, hoping she'd calm down. "There's plenty of..." she faltered a bit, then continued, "plenty going on that's hard to explain these days," she said, holding up a hand to Alyssa. "You'll forgive us if the word of two strangers doesn't get an immediate vote of confidence."

“Unfortunately no new stories, though with everything that has been going on, this will make a rather good one,” Brillin said, smiling.

A good story. Nerin blinked once. "I..."

Her hands all red. Blood on the floorboards, so much blood. It soaked through her skirt, cooling and sticky. A word painted onto the wood.

"Yes," she said mechanically, barely noticing that he'd continued speaking. "It'll be great. Your story. I'll have to read it sometime."

She fidgeted with the hem on her skirt, twisting it, then releasing. Twist, release, twist, release. The new girl was making some sort of picture appear on the tiny piece of glass in her hand.

"I'm sure it will be wonderful."

@I think I am here.

1 minute ago, ZincAboutIt said:

Nerin gave the girl an extra Push of brass, hoping she'd calm down. "There's plenty of..." she faltered a bit, then continued, "plenty going on that's hard to explain these days," she said, holding up a hand to Alyssa. "You'll forgive us if the word of two strangers doesn't get an immediate vote of confidence."

She nodded.

6 minutes ago, ZincAboutIt said:

She fidgeted with the hem on her skirt, twisting it, then releasing. Twist, release, twist, release. The new girl was making some sort of picture appear on the tiny piece of glass in her hand.

"I'm sure it will be wonderful."

Brillin nodded, though it seemed Nerin was occupied. Perhaps saying these events would be a story wasn’t the best for someone who lived in them. “With every event given the respect it deserves, of course,” he said. “And names made anonymous.”

He looked back to the phone, which now displayed some picture because he’d tapped. “Interesting,” he said, looking to Alyssa. “But even if it’s something I haven’t seen before, why would it be from another planet? And how would aliens look like us, and how would they even have technology we could interact with, and travelling across the world takes long enough, to different planets...” he shook his head. “It reads like a bad science fiction novel.”

He looked to her before talking about leaving. To her, then his tone changed. What was it supposed to mean? Alyssa tried to prove a point, but Attayl only partially listened. She tried to wrap her head around what was going on, what was happening.

"Why don't we focus on our current problem?"

She suggested, although it was wasn't the question she wanted to ask. She wanted to talk to Brillin, ask about his words, understand his glance. She took a cup of tea and sipped it slowly. Nerin was talking again. That was good. Better than staying quiet.

"There are... ways to travel between planets. Why do we look like you? Well, John and I place our heritage here. Why do others look like us?" She turned toward him. "Why wouldn't they look like us?"

She took a deep breath. 

"I agree with Attayl, we need to focus right here, not Silverlight." She hesitated, then looked at Nerin. "Do you have a place for me to... go?" She emphasized the last word. "I need to... go." She stood up. "Just point me in the direction."

7 minutes ago, I think I am here. said:

“It reads like a bad science fiction novel.”

Did you just insult BS?

1 minute ago, John Flamesinger said:

She hesitated, then looked at Nerin. "Do you have a place for me to... go?" She emphasized the last word. "I need to... go." She stood up. "Just point me in the direction."

Nerin stared at the girl for a moment. Go? Go where? Was she addled? Nerin had just let her in the door not an hour ago...

Then it clicked. "Oh, the privy," she said, almost laughing. "Out the back door, there's a privy shed in the side yard."

6 minutes ago, John Flamesinger said:

LThere are... ways to travel between planets. Why do we look like you? Well, John and I place our heritage here. Why do others look like us?" She turned toward him. "Why wouldn't they look like us?"

She took a deep breath. 

"I agree with Attayl, we need to focus right here, not Silverlight." She hesitated, then looked at Nerin. "Do you have a place for me to... go?" She emphasized the last word. "I need to... go." She stood up. "Just point me in the direction."

Silverlight?

“They wouldn’t look like us because they would be from different planets. With different air, different water, different atmospheres. Different animals, different evolution, they wouldn’t have Harmony, they’re whole world would be different to ours, and the chances of an alien species looking like us is astronomically low.”

8 minutes ago, John Flamesinger said:

Did you just insult BS?

:P No. Brillin doesn’t know there’s explanations for all of that stuff.

Attayl continued to sip her tea, hesitated and then asked shyly.

"What are you talking about? What's an atmosphere?"

She blushed when she realized, that it had been a dumb question.

"Never mind."

She added quickly and tried to hide her face behind her cup.