Alleyverse Sewer System

Gancho Libre

1 hour ago, Nohadon said:

Devaan walked back down the tunnel.
"You know. When your thieving. Never try fight the mark directly. Especially not when in this city. You're lucky as all hell that we're on a tight time schedule. Because if we weren't. We'd be hunting you down. I'm going to give you 10 seconds to tell us where Frob is. Otherwise I'm not going to hold back." A wicked grin appeared on Devaan- No, Hellbent's face.

"He keeps his hideout secret, but he has some friends. Nothing too far from here. Just follow the tunnel, then turn left."

The man turned around tried to run away, as did all others still able to.

13 minutes ago, Sorana said:

He keeps his hideout secret, but he has some friends. Nothing too far from here. Just follow the tunnel, then turn left."

The man turned around tried to run away, as did all others still able to.

Max stepped in front of them, trying to block them with his staff.

“We should knock them out, and chain them. We can’t risk them going around telling people who we’re looking for.”

6 minutes ago, I think I am here. said:

Max stepped in front of them, trying to block them with his staff.

“We should knock them out, and chain them. We can’t risk them going around telling people who we’re looking for.”

They stopped, fearfully looked at his staff, at Devaan.

"We won't tell anybody."

One of them whispered.

==========

"Do you plan to come back for them?"

Althea asked Max quietly, her eyes focused on the thieves in front of him.

"Not worth our time. We can send some Canton operators down later. They won't tell Frob." Devaan began to walk ahead.
"You won't lie to us. Will you?" Devaan asked the thieves. A card appearing in his hand from seemingly out of nowhere. The bladed edge glinted menacingly.
"I don't enjoy being lied to."

2 minutes ago, Nohadon said:

"Not worth our time. We can send some Canton operators down later. They won't tell Frob." Devaan began to walk ahead.
"You won't lie to us. Will you?" Devaan asked the thieves. A card appearing in his hand from seemingly out of nowhere. The bladed edge glinted menacingly.
"I don't enjoy being lied to."

"No, we don't. Why should I?"

The man backed away from the card.

===============

Althea looked at Devaan, then turned to Max.

"Will you send someone? I'd rather kill them now before they starve to death."

@I think I am here.

5 minutes ago, Sorana said:

Althea looked at Devaan, then turned to Max.

"Will you send someone? I'd rather kill them now before they starve to death."

Max looked at her. “Yes, I’ll send someone.” He looked to Devaan and the thieves’ conversation. “Though we don’t have to do it to all of them, I guess. If they’re just thieves, they won’t have any motive to tell Frob.”

Devaan began walking ahead.
"I'll go scout out further into the tunnel. If you don't hear from me in fifteen minutes I'll probably need a hand." He quickly stepped close to the sewer walls, blending into the darkness, an old trick he learnt back when he was just trying to survive in the final empire's thieving crews.

About a hundred meters down, Devaan saw the tunnel split into three passages, left, right and straight ahead. He took the left one. Looking around

Althea concentrated and reached out for the water around the feet of the men and women. Water liked to change, it knew what it meant to be solid. Bribing a part of it she chained them together, then anchored the chain in the floor.

"I'd rather not take any chances."

"I guess we need to wait for Devaan now. See what he discovered."

@I think I am here.

@Minato™

@Ark1002

@Nohadon

14 minutes ago, Sorana said:

Althea concentrated and reached out for the water around the feet of the men and women. Water liked to change, it knew what it meant to be solid. Bribing a part of it she chained them together, then anchored the chain in the floor.

"I'd rather not take any chances."

"I guess we need to wait for Devaan now. See what he discovered.”

Max nodded, leaning against a wall and immediately standing up straight when something stained his coat. He looked to the thieves. “Should we ask them about Vesuvius?” He whispered.

Neo thought, “Do you really think we should leave him alone? I’ll be there just incase if he needs help, it wouldn’t hurt”. Neo inhaled some of his stormlight and went and skated again. After all, he was more of a healer than a direct fighter, he could help Devaan out. He suddenly saw the tunnel split into three, “Huh, which one would he go to. I bet he did eeny, meeny, miny, moe.” He ended up going into the middle tunnel, looking for Devaan.

Edited by Minato™

Devaan edged down the tunnel, until he heard a man humming to himself. Devaan froze, the man walked through the sewage as if he had been born here. The splashes barely audible.

That's probably Frob.

We should get back to the others. Let them see what I found

Devaan snuck back.

"I think I found Frob. Where's the kid?" He asked, looking at them worriedly. He'd only been gone for four or five minutes.

Neo, walked further down the tunnel. Eventually he found a group of 4 people with weapons and tattoo’s up ahead. Hmm... maybe they’ll know where Frob is. Neo slowly but cautiously headed over there. He glowed a lot more less with stormlight now, although he still had spheres left, he just wanted to be careful. As he got closer they all turned towards eachother with an evil grin and one of them looked at him and said, “Hey kid, are you lost? We can help you if you want”, he looked creepily at Neo. “Oh, no thanks I was just wondering if you guys know where frob is, maybe this will clear up your mind a little?” Neo said while he was holding some spheres. The guy had an evil smile and said “Do you really think we can’t take it from you?”.

Next thing Neo knew he was radiant with stormlight, growing vine after vine hindering them, skating through the sewer system dodging again and again. He saw with his left eye that one of them had allomancy and another feruchemy but he didnt have time to focus on what specifically.  He went turbo, going at an extreme speed, toe jump after flip, after Lutz, after edge jump, after Salchow. He kept dancing around their attacks, evading them. If I dont leave now, I wont have enough stormlight for Frob and that other guy, he thought. To his surprise however, the exit was blocked by another two tho thugs. Seems like they really wanted him and his spheres. Neo was stuck.

1 hour ago, I think I am here. said:

Max frowned. “He went looking for you, took off before we could say anything. You didn’t see him?”

"We should go look for him."

Then she started to walk in the direction Neo had vanished. When she arrived at the tunnel where it split she saw a soft glow coming out of the middle one. Cursing quietly she touched Brashen.

"Stay with Max, I'm going my way."

She stepped into Shadesmar hurried along over the spheres, looked for mass on investiture, that would indicate a Radiant. There he was.

Her face remained cold when she left Shadesmar and saw some thugs in front of her, chasing Neo, blocking his way out.

"Hey there."

She greeted them softly.

@Minato™

Neo noticed suddenly that Althea was there and let out a silent sigh. He didn’t make it apparent that Althea was there. Instead he shouted “Wow! What a shame that theres a feruchemist and allomancer here!”. He skated towards the exit, he just had to made it towards Althea, just a lit— Neo fell to the ground grasping for air as the overwhelming pain in his thigh excruciated him. He had a dagger in his thigh but the pain was too extreme for him to do anything. damnation nightwatcher, he thought as the 2 people blocking the exit advanced on him.

Devaan heard the commotion up ahead. Althea disappeared. Elsecalling through shadesmar, probably.

"They're probably fine" Devaan assured Max, taking out two cards and sending them down the passageway. They both emitted Aon Daa. Sending two concussive blasts through the tunnel. If he aimed them properly they shouldn't hit Neo or Althea.

Althea saw Neo fall to the ground and teleported over to him, moved between him and the two men. She let some spheres fall to the ground next to him.

"You should leave."

She told them coldly.

"Or I will turn you to stone."

In that moment two cards flew towards two of the thugs.

Neo, finally used nearly all of his strength pulling the knife out, allowing for him to properly start healing. Athlea approached them threatening them to leave and at that moment two nicrosil cards penetrated each thug and exploded. After a couple of seconds the wound was healed and Neo could move again. There were still four thugs but the explosion scared them off so they ran away. Neo handed the spheres, unused back to Althea and said “We should go back, see how Devaan is doing”. He dropped some seeds and blocked the tunnel off with huge vines incase they would want to return to stir up trouble. He thought Althea had some way of getting back too so he started skating.

Neo skated back to the beginning and found Devaan there, thinking I guess I’m not that good at following people

”Hehe, so... what did you find?”, he said awkwardly realizing he probably wasted quite some time.

Althea followed him back to Max and Devaan, shaking her head silently. Neo used a lot stormlight just to get around. You never knew when you might need everything you had. But he belonged to Max, it wasn't her place to adress that.

2 hours ago, Minato™ said:

“Hehe, so... what did you find?”, he said awkwardly realizing he probably wasted quite some time.

“When someone says to not follow them, don’t.” Max said, looking Neo dead in the eyes. “And when that person’s scouting and you’re trying to help them, try not to do that while glowing.”

He sighed. “But it’s alright, this is your first mission? You’ve got time to learn.” But still, they couldn’t afford too many mistakes, especially when dealing with someone as apparently crafty as Vesuvius.

Edited by Nohadon

57 minutes ago, I think I am here. said:

“When someone says to not follow them, don’t.” Max said, looking Neo dead in the eyes. “And when that person’s scouting and you’re trying to help them, try not to do that while glowing.”

Neo was a little disappointed in himself. He knew he was wrong and that it kind of went out of hand, and considering max was his superior it was not a great first impression. Anyhow, he was making sure to be more careful now, he didn't want to look like a complete idiot. In the end he just weakly said, "sorry, I'll try to do better next time. I hope the guy we're after didn't escape."

11 hours ago, Nohadon said:

Devaan stopped Hellbent's follow-through kick. The woman would live through one of them. But they were both paralysed. A crossbow bolt whizzed towards them.

I can catch it

Give me control, damnation it!

We're not killing this Woman.

We can't leave witnesses

She'll be more useful alive.

How?

She'll owe me for stopping you.

We should kill her now.

I'm not going to let you

The bolt struck them in the back.

You'd rather die than give me control?

Yes.

Fine. I'm not going to die to people this incompetent.

Devaan turned around and caught then next crossbow bolt that sailed towards him. Ignoring the pain blossoming in his back. He then plucked the next out of the air as well. He used them to dig the other bolt out of his back. Drawing a card from his deck. A four of shields, feruchemical healing. He tapped the store inside, the wound in his back closing up as he ran towards the man with the crossbow. Dodging the bolts that tried to stop him. He reached the man. Kicking him in the kneecap before slamming a knee into his opponents face, knocking him unconscious.

Devaan walked back down the tunnel.
"You know. When your thieving. Never try fight the mark directly. Especially not when in this city. You're lucky as all hell that we're on a tight time schedule. Because if we weren't. We'd be hunting you down. I'm going to give you 10 seconds to tell us where Frob is. Otherwise I'm not going to hold back." A wicked grin appeared on Devaan- No, Hellbent's face.

That rp is wrong. Hellbent would rather die than concede.

Hellbent froze the body. He wouldn't stop, not until Devaan killed the witnesses. They needed to die.

And he needed to win.

@Nohadon

Frob looked around, making sure no one was around. People were, but not close. Not with eyes. Little bumps, sometimes, but no eyes. Eyes were bumps. But bumps were not always eyes.

There were no eyes. So, Frob knelt down, looking for a little trapdoor in the floor. Frob didn't like this part. He didn't want to touch the water, but there wasn't much left. It wasn't too wet

He could hear the eyes coming. He had to hurry. His eyes were already compromised by now. He had to hurry. He lifted a section of the pipe, and water gushed down into a hole. He followed it down and replaced the pipe section.

Frob was now underneath the Sewer System. His friends waited.