The Spooky Spiketacular Extravaganza!

Voidus

Lisa heard Lizanne call out to her, and walked up to her. "Hey," she said, "are you alright?"

Just as she reached her she saw Hellbent stab at the glowing orb.

"Oh for...", she started, jumping towards Lizanne, tackling her to the ground, trying to avoid the inevitable explosion.

Renata ducked behind a large pile of rubble when she saw Hellbent stab his Shardblade towards the glowing orb of light.

"Are you trying to get us all killed?" She called out from behind the pile of bricks, clutching at her pack and trying to get as low to the ground as possible. First the tower, now this? She had a decent view of Doctor Nitinyas' body from her vantage point. He hung there like a gruesome pennant, hand raised, face frozen in terror.

The same expression, Renata thought, still hunkered down behind the rubble pile. She dug around in her pack for her notebook, flipping it open to the sketch she had done. Yes, definitely the same. These people had seen something as they died. But what? Renata hadn't even heard a cremling, let alone animals or people, since they had emerged from the cellar. Something in Shadesmar, then? Some kind of spren? Let's hope it stays there

14 hours ago, kenod said:

Lisa heard Lizanne call out to her, and walked up to her. "Hey," she said, "are you alright?"

Just as she reached her she saw Hellbent stab at the glowing orb.

"Oh for...", she started, jumping towards Lizanne, tackling her to the ground, trying to avoid the inevitable explosion.

Lizanne yelped in surprise, when Lisa tackled her to the ground.

"What? Why?"

She asked stupidly and tried to shove Lisa away. Had she been wrong, was Lisa hunting her?

7 minutes ago, Sorana said:

Lizanne yelped in surprise, when Lisa tackled her to the ground.

"What? Why?"

She asked stupidly and tried to shove Lisa away. Had she been wrong, was Lisa hunting her?

So I'll be waiting with replying to this until we see happens when Hellbent stabs the orb, since if it explodes everything will be fairly obvious, but if it doesn't Lisa will have to do some explaining.

The blade sank easily into the glass orb, the light it was emitting seemed to wrap around the blade as it entered. Immediately a loud, piercing scream tore through the air and the orb let out a final, tremendous flash of light.

When the light cleared the glass orb stood, still suspended and pierced through by the Shardblade, all light now gone from within it. With no illumination the mist and dust that surrounded them obscured everything from sight, but was not sufficient to mute the scream that continued to echo from where the glass orb waited.

Renata cringed at the sudden, terrible scream, shutting her eyes as the light from the orb flashed in a blinding burst. Even still, white spots popped and danced before her like spirits in the misty darkness. She felt around blindly for her notebook and dropped sphere; thankfully, both were not far from her. The scream still hung in the air, high and awful.

She sat there, clutching her belongings, until part of her vision cleared. The Stormlight in her mark was barely there anymore, illuminating a small piece of the darkness with a sullen little light that hardly reached past her hand.

And still, there was the screaming. Renata slipped her pack on and grabbed her little knife out of her boot. She edged around the pile of rubble, keeping her back to it so no one, or no thing, could get behind her. It was dark now, true dark, and the air felt thick with mist and dust and the cold piercing ring of that scream.

"Take that storming Blade out!" she hissed at where she imagined Hellbent might be. "There won't be a thing for miles that hasn't heard that wailing!"

@Ark1002

Wilhelm covered his ears as the scream broke loose and he cursed in South Scadrian. When Hellbent pulled the blade out and the scream faded he looked up angrily.

“You could have killed us! Sovereign knows what that... thing is.”

He shuffle day forwards, towards where Hellbent had poked his sword, to the muted white light. “It’s alive,” he said, turning to the others. “It must be, to scream?”

Lizanne instinctively held on to Lisa, when a loud piercing scream cut through the air. It vanished after a while, but her ears still hurt. Slowly she got to her feet. Unsure what to do now.

"Thank you."

She looked at her feet. Lisa had tried to save her, to help her. It had been no attack, but an attempt to save her life.

"If it was alive, it's dead now. You don't survive getting stabbed with a shardblade."

@I think I am here.

@kenod

Lisa got onto her feet, still unsteady from the scream. She nodded to Lizanne. "Sorry about that," she said, "I expected it to be a bit more dangerous than just the noise." She looked towards the remnants of the orb, and the structure around it. "What was that thing anyway?" she asked. Looking at everything her face suddenly darkened as she started to realize what it had been. "Oh no," she muttered, sounding shocked, "this isn't good."

31 minutes ago, kenod said:

Lisa got onto her feet, still unsteady from the scream. She nodded to Lizanne. "Sorry about that," she said, "I expected it to be a bit more dangerous than just the noise." She looked towards the remnants of the orb, and the structure around it. "What was that thing anyway?" she asked. Looking at everything her face suddenly darkened as she started to realize what it had been. "Oh no," she muttered, sounding shocked, "this isn't good."

"What was it?"

Lizanne asked alarmed by the way Lisa looked at the remains of the thing.

Just now, Sorana said:

"What was it?"

Lizanne asked alarmed by the way Lisa looked at the remains of the thing.

"I think it was what got us here," she said softly. "And now that it is broken..." she paused, trying to avoid panicking.

Lizanne froze. What got them here. Broken. Did she want to get back? If the way here was broken, then she was safe. That was good, as in really, really good?

"Let's focus on more pressing matters."

"I am repeating myself, but we need water, food, maybe some kind of shelter apart from the cellar."

She gestured towards the sky, indicating the stormclouds

"We'll be dead in a few days if we can't get our hands on a useful water supply. And I doubt that whatever was here is still intact."

@kenod

@ZincAboutIt

@I think I am here.

@Blessing of Potency

6 minutes ago, Sorana said:

Lizanne froze. What got them here. Broken. Did she want to get back? If the way here was broken, then she was safe. That was good, as in really, really good?

"Let's focus on more pressing matters."

"I am repeating myself, but we need water, food, maybe some kind of shelter apart from the cellar."

She gestured towards the sky, indicating the stormclouds

"We'll be dead in a few days if we can't get our hands on a useful water supply. And I doubt that whatever was here is still intact."

@kenod

@ZincAboutIt

@I think I am here.

@Blessing of Potency

“The cellar is enough shelter,” Wilhelm said, turning back to her. “And all of that alcohol inside of it. we can separate it into water. The only question is food.” He looked to Arun, with the glass in her leg, then averted his gaze. No. They’d need to hunt some animals. That, or farm. Wilhelm knee nothing about farming.

17 minutes ago, I think I am here. said:

“The cellar is enough shelter,” Wilhelm said, turning back to her. “And all of that alcohol inside of it. we can separate it into water. The only question is food.” He looked to Arun, with the glass in her leg, then averted his gaze. No. They’d need to hunt some animals. That, or farm. Wilhelm knee nothing about farming.

Lizanne nodded.

"Can you teach me how to get water out of the alcohol?"

She asked and then thought about the food.

"I know some things about farming, edible plants and all that. But farming is longterm. First we need to find something to eat, keep the seeds and plant them. It might be good to built some kind shelter for the plants, depending on the weather conditions."

"If we find glasses or jars we could also cook preserves for winter. All based on the part where we are able to build a fire. Maybe we could keep some animals as well."

Making an unwilling gesture she pushed it all aside.

"For now we need to find anything, animals, fruits, vegetables. Survive the next days and then we can start thinking about winter."

Farming. She grimaced.

Aderet rubbed the rough edge of her broken nail. The way things were going, she had a feeling she'd be breaking a couple more. 

Once again, her left hand closed around some of her cadmium. The temptation to burn some and pass time was strong, but Aderet resisted it. Someone had once told her something about her bubbles averting the course of bullets. To waste her sole protection on mere boredom would be a stupid and selfish idea even for her.

"This place might not have a winter," she said. "For all we know it's really the summer we need to fear."

Renata opened her pack and removed her other spheres. The combined Stormlight cast a decent amount of illumination around her, and set the many small shards of glass on the ground glittering.

"We should wait till morning," she said. "Then some of us should scout the area. Get some kind of map going. Perhaps find a river, or some hills or cliffs to climb and see if there is a town nearby. The Doctor mentioned a 'native population' didn't he? Someone lives here."