Ark1002

18 hours ago, I think I am here. said:

“No, it was from an Epic we had to hunt down,” Max said, watching Devaan walk to the kitchen. “Solace,”

"Solace, huh? He was an interesting kid. I preferred working with Rhazien, we fought together, back in the war for a bit." Devaan reached the kitchen and began poking around, looking for tomatoes and onions. He found the onions and began cutting them expertly. That was the only thing he was good at when it came to making meals, the knife work. He smiled to himself at the thought.

41 minutes ago, Nohadon said:

"Solace, huh? He was an interesting kid. I preferred working with Rhazien, we fought together, back in the war for a bit." Devaan reached the kitchen and began poking around, looking for tomatoes and onions. He found the onions and began cutting them expertly. That was the only thing he was good at when it came to making meals, the knife work. He smiled to himself at the thought.

Althea heard Devaan rumage through her kitchen and hastily stepped back from Max. Her problems would have to wait. They had a guest and he was important. She smiled at Max, happy to be finally home, that he was here and then turned around to hurry to the kitchen.

Devaan had found the onions and she handed him the tomatoes as well, hoping she wouldn't mess the cooking up.

"Thank you."

She said while placing a pot and a pan on their stove. Filling the pot with water she threw some salt in the water and started heating it. Afterwards she fetched a roasting dish (?) out of a cupboard and put it on the table Devaan was cutting on.

"Rhazien married us."

She told him and then added.

"Solace is still there. A part of the bond. He has been quiet during the last year, but he's still there."

Her knuckles turned white from gripping the dish, when she remembered and she took a deep steadying breath, pushing all of it aside.

"Which weapon do you prefer to wield?"

She asked to switch the topic and because she hoped that this was something he liked to talk about. She wanted him to feel welcome and comfortable.

@Nohadon

Max wrapped an arm around Althea. She’d indirectly caused a kid to die? How had that happened? And of course, there was the issue with the Ghostblood army, which events knew a bit of.

Althea got up and moved to the kitchen with Devaan, and Max stood up as well and followed them.

He came just in time to see her asking Devaan what weapon he liked. “I bet he’ll say cards,” Max joked, walking towards them and noticing Devaan cutting the tomatoes well.

“Out of all the weapons he’s mastered, the one he uses most commonly are these little metal playing cards. Cool stuff.”

2 hours ago, Sorana said:

"Which weapon do you prefer to wield?"

She asked to switch the topic and because she hoped that this was something he liked to talk about. She wanted him to feel welcome and comfortable.

@Nohadon

2 hours ago, I think I am here. said:

He came just in time to see her asking Devaan what weapon he liked. “I bet he’ll say cards,” Max joked, walking towards them and noticing Devaan cutting the tomatoes well.

“Out of all the weapons he’s mastered, the one he uses most commonly are these little metal playing cards. Cool stuff.”

Devaan smiled, thinking about the question.

"I love my cards. I need to make another deck sometime soon, I haven't had the chance to since I came back, but picking a favourite weapon is like picking a favourite child. You want to, but at the same time it's really hard to do."

Devaan looked at Max

"Speaking of Weapons, how's Sethramir doing? I'd love to talk to him sometime"

Althea nodded thoughtfully and then took the onions and put them in the pan together with some oil to roast them.

Melting some butter in another, smaller pot she added some milk and flour until she had a white coloured sauce. Carefully she added some spices and then pushed the pot back for later use. There wasn't really something useful for her to add to the conversation, so she kept quiet and gave them some time to catch up. As long as Max was happy, the evening could be counted as a success.

She realized she'd started smiling again, and she kept it, slowly relaxing. As the water was hot she started cooking the noodle plates, not too long, just enough to soften them a bit. Remembering what she had forgotten she fetched some mozzarella out of the fringe and placed it on the table to be cut as well, then she silently observed Max and Devaan, while waiting for her noodles to be ready for use. She wasn't sure where it would end, which role Devaan intended to take in their lives, how much would change now that he was back.

Edited by Sorana

“He’s doing great, though, maybe not being used as much as he’s used to. Still, I get to swing him around on operative missions sometimes, so all’s good. Still haven’t figured out how to talk to him like you do, though.”

He noticed Althea smiling naturally and he smiled at the sight, turning back to Devaan. “I’m so glad you’re back.”

"He's being stubborn? Hah. Give him a little longer and he'll open up."

Devaan grinned.

"It's good to be back. I'm so sorry I was gone for so long. On the bright side, I know for a fact that when you die you talk to Harmony if you're scadrian or have lived on scadrial, He's a nice enough guy. I also fought in gladiator city for a while, their are some really good fighters over there."

On 27/03/2019 at 0:04 AM, Sorana said:

"Do you want to take the Canton over again?"

Althea asked, before adding minced meat to the onion and then putting the noodles on a plate.

@Nohadon

@I think I am here.

"I hadn't thought of it" Devaan admitted.

"I feel more free without having to lead the canton, and I'm happy to know that there are three capable people running the guild I founded. I'd love to still have access to the canton's resources, but I don't think I want to take it over again." Devaan eyed the meal Althea was preparing hungrily, it smelled amazing. 

"What about you, Thea? Running the ghost bloods is a pretty big task, especially considering the mess that waiter got you in"

35 minutes ago, Nohadon said:

"What about you, Thea? Running the ghost bloods is a pretty big task, especially considering the mess that waiter got you in"

She fell silent, sighed, busied herself with stacking everything in the roasting pan, covered it with cheese and put it into the oven. It was strange having him call her Thea. Strange, but not neccessarily bad strange, still it would take a while to get used to it. After setting the timer, she turned back to him.

"You're right. It is."

She replied and now that she had spoken the words loudly, they felt realer.

"Not only the Waiter, the whole thing with Benson as well. The child -"

She trailed off, shook her head, pushed it all away.

"I don't know how long I can do this anymore. I thought about stepping back once we have a child, but maybe - I don't know."

Another sigh. She looked over at Max, smiled when she saw him sitting there. Her husband.

"There was a time, when the Ghostbloods were everything for me. My family, my home. I strived to move up through their ranks, sacrifed a lot for this position. I changed, but I think I only realized today how much. And I like who I turned into."

"It's been a hard day. I need to sort this mess and then think about it."

She poured herself a glas of water and joined them.

"Dinner should be ready soon."

@Nohadon

@I think I am here.

Edited by Sorana

"I get it, believe me" He told the couple quietly

"You get so wrapped up in your guild, It becomes more than a purpose. Almost an all-consuming desire, instead. You lose sight of things that matter. I'm happy that you like who you turned out to be" Devaan sighed. Thinking back to events in his long life. 

"Truth be told, I've seen people get so wrapped up in these politics and guild squabbles that it consumes them." 

"Rhaizen, Akrasia, Mace. So many people. Reshan was one of the few who remained someone that most saw as good. Well, him and LiTaiRu, that is"

"Just keep in mind that the ghostbloods aren't everything for you. There will be times where you feel like you'll need to cut yourself off from those you love, especially if you intend to keep leading the ghostbloods. But trust me, it's better if you don't."

On 3/26/2019 at 7:00 PM, Ark1002 said:

Ambrosia proceeded to elbow him, then smile widely. "We're really happy for you! Good job!" She stood up, walking around the table, and hugged Melody. "How surprised were you when he proposed?" 

@Blessing of Potency

Sorry, I had so many notifications this got buried!

“Extremely,” she responds, returning the hug.

Silas' phone began ringing, letting out a classical tune. "I need to take this. Very badly." So, he walked up the stairs and sat down in his office, then accepted the call.

What happens in this call will not be said.

@Ark1002 

@Blessing of Potency @Darth Woodrack

Edited by JacobClaessen