Ark1002

22 hours ago, Nohadon said:

"Just keep in mind that the ghostbloods aren't everything for you. There will be times where you feel like you'll need to cut yourself off from those you love, especially if you intend to keep leading the ghostbloods. But trust me, it's better if you don't."

Althea stared at him for a moment, then sat down next to them.

"I know."

She whispered and closed her eyes.

"We have a pond without fish, because we figured we won't be around to feed them."

Reaching over she took Max hand, not caring that Devaan was watching, she'd crossed that line when they were talking about leadership anyway.

"Like I said, I've changed. If I look at my priorities, the Ghostbloods aren't even close to number one anymore. And Zokora would happily take over any time."

Tiredly she brushed her hair out of her face.

"It's so much work to hand it over, and it's such a mess right now. It would weaken us, if I left now. Until it all is sorted and ready it will be months. And I don't know, if I can step down, without leaving altogether, or if it would be wiser to leave it all behind."

Meeting Devaan's eyes she admitted.

"I'm not good at decisions without any arguments behind. Leaving is not logical, it's irrational, and I'm not sure what to do with that. How to decide, how to go on."

Her fingers tightened around Max and she smiled at him lovingly.

"But then the best decision in my life had nothing to do with logic at all."

Turning back to both of them she continued, because it felt good to finally speak of this, because she'd started and speaking loudly of this made it real.

"Right now I feel like it's more important to learn how to bake a chocolate cake and be here when Max is home. Spend some time together, invite friends over, and not sit the whole night in Oasis reading through reports. I should be at the government right now, but I left as soon as possible."

With a sigh she poured herself some wine and took a sip.

"So many would give a lot for my position and I whine about some cake."

She fell silent and added after a while.

"I'm sorry. And thank you. Thanks a lot. I guess Max and I need to talk over this together. It will influence his life as much as mine."

@I think I am here.

Edited by Sorana

Max heard Althea talk, and was glad she didn’t seem to have the same uncomfort she’d had earlier with emotions around Devaan.

Smiling he wrapped one arm around her. “Whatever she chooses, I’ll be supportive,” he said earnestly.

He paused when Devaan spoke about being caught up in a guild, rejecting loved ones. He remembered Mara, how he’d spent time at the Ghostbloods instead of with her, trying to be like his idol.

“I think we’ve all had experiences with that,” he said.

Uh, nothing. Missed your response...

On 3/29/2019 at 6:56 AM, Blessing of Potency said:

“Extremely,” she responds, returning the hug.

She grins, pulling out of the hug after a second. Then she turned towards Walker. "And was it hard to get up the nerve to do it?"

@Darth Woodrack

13 hours ago, I think I am here. said:

Max heard Althea talk, and was glad she didn’t seem to have the same uncomfort she’d had earlier with emotions around Devaan.

Smiling he wrapped one arm around her. “Whatever she chooses, I’ll be supportive,” he said earnestly.

He paused when Devaan spoke about being caught up in a guild, rejecting loved ones. He remembered Mara, how he’d spent time at the Ghostbloods instead of with her, trying to be like his idol.

“I think we’ve all had experiences with that,” he said.

Althea smiled when Max wrapped his arm around her and leaned against him, finally relaxing completely. As usual he needed only a few words to put her mind at ease, that he would support her no matter what, was everything to her.

She glanced towards the oven, dinner would be ready soon, and while she probably should have stood up and prepared the table, she stayed where she was, happy to be close to Max.

"What do you plan to do, with your life, with everything?"

She asked Devaan, hoping that it was a harmless question. They'd discussed enough serious things already.

"And do you have a place to stay? Otherwise you could stay with us for a while. If Max doesn't mind, of course."

She added, as she suddenly remembered that he wasn't back for so long. And with the shared personality, maybe he didn't want to stay at the canton?

@Nohadon

10 minutes ago, Sorana said:

"What do you plan to do, with your life, with everything?"

She asked Devaan, hoping that it was a harmless question. They'd discussed enough serious things already.

"And do you have a place to stay? Otherwise you could stay with us for a while. If Max doesn't mind, of course."

She added, as she suddenly remembered that he wasn't back for so long. And with the shared personality, maybe he didn't want to stay at the canton?

@Nohadon

“I’m not entirely sure what I’m going to do.” Devaan admitted

”Probably more dueling. I’ll get back to working on this fighting style I was making   as well.” 

Hey Hellbent

Yes?

When was the last time we slept?

Four days ago

Ah hell.

Devaan shook his head at the offer.

”I’ve got a place to stay. I can make my way there after dinner. I really appreciate the offer though”

Last time we slept it was in a DA alley. 

Devaan smiles at the two of them. Truth be told he was too proud to admit that he’d need help.

”The house looks amazing. Good work covering your tracks by the way Max. I couldn’t find where you lived with my contacts”

4 minutes ago, Nohadon said:

“I’m not entirely sure what I’m going to do.” Devaan admitted

”Probably more dueling. I’ll get back to working on this fighting style I was making   as well.” 

Hey Hellbent

Yes?

When was the last time we slept?

Four days ago

Ah hell.

Devaan shook his head at the offer.

”I’ve got a place to stay. I can make my way there after dinner. I really appreciate the offer though”

Last time we slept it was in a DA alley. 

Devaan smiles at the two of them. Truth be told he was too proud to admit that he’d need help.

”The house looks amazing. Good work covering your tracks by the way Max. I couldn’t find where you lived with my contacts”

Althea nodded.

"Should you ever need a place to stay, just drop by. No matter when. Our door is always open for you."

She got up, walked to the oven and got the roasting pan out.

"The lasagna is ready."

She looked at it critically. Hopefully it tasted alright.

"Max, could you get the plates, and maybe some glases, please?"

@I think I am here.

8 minutes ago, Nohadon said:

“The house looks amazing. Good work covering your tracks by the way Max. I couldn’t find where you lived with my contacts”

“Thanks,” Max said. “With our positions, it would be important to keep anyone who lives here safe. And agreed with Thea, if you ever need to come here, we’d be happy to let you stay.”

He looked at Thea, who’s finished cooking the dinner. “Sure,” he said, going over to a cabinet and taking out three plates, and stacking three decorated glass cups on top of them. “So,” he said, placing the things down. “How’s it like being dead for a while?” He asked Devaan.

He walked over and began setting the table. “Is there really some light? Do you meet your relatives?”

27 minutes ago, I think I am here. said:

He walked over and began setting the table. “Is there really some light? Do you meet your relatives?”

"It's a hell of an experience. I didn't get to the beyond, so I have no idea what true death really is. But talking with Harmony was an interesting experience, as was the whole feeling of dying. I now know what heart failure feels like." Devaan tapped his chest absently.

"I felt a pull to something greater while I was a shadow. The beyond. I like to think that there is a true afterlife there. Where we see those who've died. There might even be a light. But I didn't see any"

36 minutes ago, Sorana said:

"The lasagna is ready."

"Awesome!" Devaan stood up and began to help Max, he poked around and found the utensils, setting them next to the plates.

Am I overstepping social boundaries by helping without being asked to?

No one cares, Devaan

Thankfully Althea smiled at them both and set the pan down.

Afterlife. She had wondered about what would happen afterwards, but his description made it more real, like something she maybe should have worried about. One day she would have to face it. He talked about Harmony and when she looked at Max she felt cold.

"Were you alone? Or were there others as well?"

@Nohadon

@I think I am here.

“I like to think that the Beyond, or whatever you called it, is a place where we can meet everyone who’s died as well,” Max said, nodding in appreciation at Devaan for helping him set the table.

“It would be sure more comfortable knowing once you died you could meet your loved ones, up there, and that you weren’t just reduced to your parts.”

"I hope you are right."

Althea continued to look at him. The thought that he ended somewhere else, that their eternities didn't align, choked her. She'd never been a religious person, afterlife was just something that existed or maybe not, and at the same time she'd always assumed that they would be there together, if there was a place to be.

She filled their plates and then sat down, took her wine with her.

"If it doesn't taste, just tell me. I can always soulcast something."

@Nohadon

@I think I am here.

Freedom knocked on the door of the apartment. Number 54. Footsteps grew louder and then stopped. She looked up at the peephole to find an eye looking back at her.

“Name?” a voice said.

“Servitude,” she replied.

“Entrance code?”

“4.”

The door opened. “Come on in, Freedom. Where’ve you been all day?”

She stepped inside and shut it behind her. “Out and around.”

“Pry’s not going to be home any time soon,” Juon told her. “Tino set dinner for three.”

Officially, five of them were living in the small apartment. Her, Pry, Juon, Tino, and a friend of Light’s. But Pry was so busy with the government lately and Light’s friend hadn’t ever shown up, so it normally was just her, Juon, and Tino.

Tino was Mejin’s little brother. Lots of her came out in him even though they barely were together. Juon was his...Freedom wasn’t quite sure what. Friend? Significant other? She’d never asked. Either way, they made decent company even if they were a little overprotective sometimes.

Freedom followed Juon into the kitchen. Tino was already there.

“Vegetable wraps for all,” he said. “I couldn’t find anything else when I went shopping.”

“Fine by me,” Juon said. She sat down, Freedom followed.

There was silence for a moment while they ate.

Tino sniffed the air. “Freedom, were you near fire?”

She didn’t respond.

“You were.” No emotion was inflicted in his voice, but she knew what he was thinking. Fire was to him what blood was to her. Something not to bring up. “What happened?”

“I met another Atium Ferring,” she said, avoiding answering the question directly.

“Freedom. Were you in danger?” Juon asked.

“I’m in danger by being in this city,” Freedom said.

Juon rolled her eyes. “More danger than normal. You know what I mean.”

“I had a run-in with the Waiter.”

Tino’s eyes widened. “You’re kidding.”

Juon also froze mid-bite. “Are you sure it was him?”

“Yeah. Why?” she said. “Is he causing a mess somewhere else too?”

“The Waiter is dead,” Juon said, dryly. “He attacked a church and hurt many innocents. It took the combined effort of two great guilds to stop his attack and finally kill him.”

“Oh,” she said. It was a weird feeling. The man who had apparently used her as a human shield was dead. Would it be wrong to feel happy? Or should she be sad that a person was dead. She just shook her head. “I’m going to my room.”

Tino gave her a slight nod. He understood her.

Ambrosia nodded, then started putting tacos on everyone's plate. Her face was a bit distant.

@Blessing of Potency @Darth Woodrack @JacobClaessen

~~~

Anthony sat on the couch, deep in thought. Brooding.

Solstice slept nearby, in her crib.

He looked down at her, but for once, that didn't bring a smile to his face.

"Tena, honey, I need to talk to you about something." His voice was tinged with sadness, confusion, apprehension, but a bit of joy, a bit of expectation.

@Sherlock Holmes

9 hours ago, Ark1002 said:

Anthony sat on the couch, deep in thought. Brooding.

Solstice slept nearby, in her crib.

He looked down at her, but for once, that didn't bring a smile to his face.

"Tena, honey, I need to talk to you about something." His voice was tinged with sadness, confusion, apprehension, but a bit of joy, a bit of expectation.

@Sherlock Holmes

Tena had been reading while sitting on the table. “Mmhm?” 

@Ark1002

1 hour ago, Nohadon said:

Devaan tried it.
"God beyond" He exclaimed
"That's amazing! I forgot how much I missed home-cooked meals"

"Thank you."

She smiled, happy that he seemed to like it, although amazing was a bit too strong in her regard. But still it didn't really matter, she liked him, and even more importantly he'd told her he had nothing against their marriage. Thinking about something to talk about she asked the first harmless question that came to her mind.

"So where do you live right now? In the city, or outside? If it's close you could come by now and then and eat with us. I promise, I'll be better prepared than this time."