How would you traverse Sel's Cognitive Realm?

Invocation

Question

11 answers to this question

5 hours ago, BooksBeforeDeath said:

This, sadly, requires having originally been from Scadrial.

For the Medallions? I dont think it would.  

Questioner

Could non-Scadrians use Southern Scadrian medallions, and if so, could Drabs, too?

Brandon Sanderson

Oh, the amulets? Yes, yes they could.

Questioner

And Drabs, also?

Brandon Sanderson

Could Drabs use one of the amulets and make them work? Yeah, Drabs could. They're missing a little bit of something I'll explain eventually, but they could make those work.

source

22 hours ago, BooksBeforeDeath said:

What I meant was, if you couldn't cross Sel's CR without those, then you would need to have been from Scadrial to actually have access to the medallions.

Oh, sorry I misunderstood you.  I dont think that is a huge barrier, at least not to anyone realmically traveled enough to want to brave the Dor.  The Ire was operating right there on the border of Scadrial in Era1, and even in Era2 where there is some active force attempting to contain Harmony (ie the Red Haze) there isnt any particular barrier to Worldhopping given that Kriss had no problems getting there.  On top of that there is definitely some amount of Cognitive Realm Commerce happening, if paintings from the Court of Gods can find their way to a Rosharan Spren-City.

Regarding the Lighthouse keeper in particular, I have to assume he was more Rescued by the Ire rather than having any particular secret to it.  And the elantrians of the Ire have access to a programming language for Reality, and are the most Versatile of the magics we've seen

Edited by Quantus

On 6/12/2018 at 4:07 PM, Themasterhunter said:

My personal opinion is that, because of the nature of the Dor and the way It has to follow a land/terrain to be able to fully unleash its own power, traversing the Cognitive Dor would be similar to traversing the land, but with the added danger of not being on a completely material plane.

It's not so simple, the Dor is super compressed Investiture. It's like staying in a plasma storm (by Brandon words) so It's simply extremely dangerous to be exposed to the Dor there.