Questions about the books

Eskild

Hei everyone.

I have some questions. Just read Warbreaker and absolutely loved it. Previously i have read Wheel of time, Kingkiller Chronicles, Malazan empire and more. Looking to start on a new series but with Brandon, where should i start? I THINK i understand that everything is in the same universe. But still, where should i begin? 

Best regards

Eskild

Most but not all of Brandons works are in a shared Universe called the "Cosmere".  His other works, and most especially Wheel of Time are not part of that (easiest way to tell the difference now that you are here is the sub-forums which are grouped along that divide).  I say especially because he has on occasion wanted to be very specific that he did not insert any of his own worlds/characters/elements/etc into the Robert Jordan's epic. 

As far as where to start, there are a couple schools of thought but mostly I think you can start anywhere as long as you avoid a couple spoiler pitfalls.  Definitely do NOT read Mistborn Era 2 before first reading Era1, as all the mysteries and huge reveals are common knowledge in the next era so it would spoil the crap out of an amazing trilogy.  I would recommend that you read Warbreaker before Oathbringer or you maybe confused about bits, and I know people that regretted not also reading Edgedancer (short story) before Oathbringer because of new characters introduced there.  Other than that they dont really interact enough to spoil anything, though the more Cosmere you read overall the more easter-egg's you will spot in all of them. 

Outside of the Cosmere and the Wheel of Time conclusion, the only other work of his Ive read was the Reckoners series, and I HIGHLY recommend it.  It's the story of the modern emergence of people with comic book style superpowers, only its the first truly realistic take on it in that government and society completely collapse in the face of uncontrollable demigods, so it's basically a post-apocalyptic tale.

I started with Mistborn Era 1 (The Final Empire, Well of Ascension and Hero of Ages) Followed by Elantris, then The Stormlight archive. Everything came together nicely for me. Quantus's advice is good.

PS: ==========>>>>>>>>>>>>The Emperor's soul.<<<<<<<<<<===============

*Nudge* Quantus.

Thanks for the good advice people! And yeah quantus i know wheel of time is not in the same universe. But no one could have finished it better. That's why i wanted to start reading Branderson's own books. 

But if someone likes dark fantasy with antiheroes i would recommend "the first law trilogy". 

11 hours ago, Eskild said:

Thanks for the good advice people! And yeah quantus i know wheel of time is not in the same universe. But no one could have finished it better. That's why i wanted to start reading Branderson's own books. 

But if someone likes dark fantasy with antiheroes i would recommend "the first law trilogy". 

They were my first dark fantasy books. They kept me on the edge: Now the heroes will mature, now they'll fix the world's problems, aaaaandd. Well, you know.
Red Country was even better than The First Law. IT.... IS..... AWESOME.