I'm here

Aerim

Hello fellow Sanderson fans! I too am one who has been browsing this and the Coppermind for sometime (less that some!), and I started listening to Shardcast a couple months ago. After reading Oathbringer last year I found myself without people to discuss the book with in depth which lead me to these forums. I guess I've decided I'd like to participate in some of the conversations! 

A little bit on my history with Brandon Sanderson: I read Elantris back in 2007; I loved it but somehow failed to pick up any of his other books for around 5 years until a friend encouraged me to read Mistborn, which I loved more than Elantris! I've successfully converted my fair share of people since (again, less than some!)! Typically I convince people to read Mistborn (I think I'm at 9, with 1 promised, and at least 1 other thinking about it), though I did convince my mom to read the Reckoners. Although I was obsessed with Mistborn, I was very against reading Stormlight, I didn't want to start something that massive with only one or even two books out. I read Reckoners, Warbreaker and Rithmatist, but repeatedly refused to read Stormlight. Finally, in 2016 a couple of (true) friends placed Way of Kings in my hands and I am now doing everything I can to get my fill of the Cosmere! 

Anyway... Hello! :)

Edit: This is the first forum I've ever made the leap from browsing to participating in so... any advice?

Edited by Aerim

Welcome to the Shard! have an upvote and a cookie, as for advice I would say keep an open mind, I've heard some theories before that I thought were crazy and they ended up hitting close to the mark, and when you come up with a theory and post it be prepared for people to rip it apart, the chaps here are freakishly well informed :D

Hello and welcome to the Shard!

Here is a topic with all of our rules. It should give you some orientation how to behave. If you have any questions feel free to ask.
You can adress someone directly by typing @   and directly after that the name of the User.

Which book did you like best so far?

Thanks all for the welcome! :)

20 hours ago, Quantus said:

Whats you're favorite Sanderson character so far (Cosmere or otherwise)?

It's hard to pick a favorite! Currently I'm really digging Adolin! His relationship with Dalinar, Renarin, and Shallan are so touching to me! They each have struggles that make them odd in Alethi society, but he supports them and never treats them like they're anything less than anyone else. The most recent Shardcast really delved into the relationship between Adolin and Dalinar and Adolin and Renarin and I think they really nailed his empathy!

10 hours ago, Sorana said:

Which book did you like best so far?

For years I've never thought any book could beat out Mistborn, then I read Oathbringer... I've read it twice and am trying to convince myself that I have the time to read it again!

16 minutes ago, Aerim said:

Thanks all for the welcome! :)

It's hard to pick a favorite! Currently I'm really digging Adolin! His relationship with Dalinar, Renarin, and Shallan are so touching to me! They each have struggles that make them odd in Alethi society, but he supports them and never treats them like they're anything less than anyone else. The most recent Shardcast really delved into the relationship between Adolin and Dalinar and Adolin and Renarin and I think they really nailed his empathy!

Nice! He is in the center of a lot of interesting relationships, no denying. 

If you could have any cosmere ability, what would you choose?

6 hours ago, Quantus said:

If you could have any cosmere ability, what would you choose?

Too hard to choose! :) Actually, I've always thought I would make a good zinc misting, a Rioter, so maybe that! Although a compounding twin born would of course be really neat! I do like the idea of reaching the 2nd or 3rd heightening, but thinking to much about how I where that breath comes from makes me queasy!

12 hours ago, Aerim said:

Too hard to choose! :) Actually, I've always thought I would make a good zinc misting, a Rioter, so maybe that! Although a compounding twin born would of course be really neat! I do like the idea of reaching the 2nd or 3rd heightening, but thinking to much about how I where that breath comes from makes me queasy!

Ah, a true follower of Austre, nice!  I prefer to assume that all breaths I get would have been willingly, lovingly passed on by peaceful old folk at the time of their natural deaths (mostly because the sensory upgrades are just too cool).

15 hours ago, Quantus said:

Ah, a true follower of Austre, nice!  I prefer to assume that all breaths I get would have been willingly, lovingly passed on by peaceful old folk at the time of their natural deaths (mostly because the sensory upgrades are just too cool).

I guess I might be ok with that!

13 hours ago, xinoehp512 said:

Welcome! Would you rather be a gold compounder or an atium compounder?

I think I would have to say gold. I don't think I'd want to live forever (this is how the Lord Ruler lived so long, right?), plus the time spent being old so I could live forever would be pretty miserable I think. On the other had I think it'd be too easy as a gold compounder to be convinced that I was invincible and I feel like that is always a dangerous way to think. I still think I'd go with gold! What's your opinion?