Cyanic

Garvey's worldpiercer tore into the Infinite Sky and Sea that served as the transition point for all afterlifes. Or maybe it just looked the same. That doesn't matter.

This afterlife was specific to the Alleyverse. ...probably.

Garvey looked around, his worldpiercer still floating, this wasn't really his job, no one needed to do this but he liked doing this anyway. In the distance he saw a silhouette, not quite there yet. It was flickering and looking around. That was likely someone who'd just died. Their consciousness was probably still bound to their cognitive shadow, and they either disappeared from here, which meant they went back to the living, or they fully materialize here, in the Infinite Sky and Sea. They'd have to wander for eternity before actually reaching where everyone else was, so what he did was take them on the worldpiercer and traverse a few infinities to where the other consciousnesses were.

For now, he brought the 'piercer closer to the figure, traversing a planet's worth of distance until he was close, and Highcalling Information for specifically who this figure was:
Mara, sister to Max.
Patron: @I think I am here.

Ah, that was a bit sad, not the fact that she died, that happens, but the fact that she left a brother, and judging from the Information Highcall, he's likely to turn into a feared man without guidance or aid from his sister. Garvey sighed, that wasn't really his place to be concerned about, or to care really, but that's fine.

He waited, either he'd welcome this newcomer, or she'd disappear, either was alright by him.

Heeyyyyyy

This is the afterlife! Usually creatures would get lost for a while wandering the Infinite Sky and Sea, but thanks to Garvey, everyone doesn't have to be lost for a few eternities.

There are several 'places' in the Beyond, and each is as infinitely large and infinitely small as the previous. The kinda thing that mortal minds can't comprehend, but that's alright:
*The Infinite Sky and Sea - a usually metaphorical representation of consciousness of something along those lines, seen in different media, mostly anime. It's usually seen in memories, reveries, and of course, in depictions of the afterlife.
*The Hub - if you have a dead Alleyverse character, they can interact with others here! This 'place' is basically exactly what it's called, a hub for consciousnesses to interact with each other. When you're out of the Infinite Sky and Sea, each person can freely travel here and to their own personal worlds and other 'worlds.'
*Worlds - Each consciousness upon arriving creates a world of their own, an infinite potential that they can shape how they want. When a consciousness enters their own personal world, they basically become their own monotheistic deity at least within that world, and they can create an infinite multiverse if they really wanted to. Complete with its own afterlife. The only things they can't alter are other consciousnesses that visit their personal world.
Sometimes they just create tea rooms and gardens though.
------
*The Throne Room - What Information and Knowledge Highcallers or other beings that know about this call this 'place.' It's basically a Beyond to the Beyond itself, no one can get there, not even the advanced 'versal traversal of worldpiercers. Rumors say this is where the God Beyond resides, also known as the Concefractal to Information Highcallers. The only thing that very occasionally passes through here are stray thoughts, and in a multil/omni/infiniverse of many many things 'occasional' is extremely rare.
-

The Beyond is not connected to anything, the only thing able to access this are the dead and people with extremely advanced worldpiercers (like Garvey).

About Garvey: He's a self-proclaimed caretaker for the Infinite Sky and Sea and ferries random consciousnesses to the Hub, but if a consciousness is especially unstable (insane or the like), then he leaves them for a while, and when he comes back they're usually sane because of all the boredom and wandering. There's not really any need for this, it's just his preference. As for himself, his existence remains an ambiguity, hidden behind the medium of text, so it's really up to the reader/patron themselves how they see him in their head.

There is no conflict in the Beyond. It's hard enough to get here to bring weapons of war. But those weapons really wouldn't work on consciousnesses anyway, and the place is also 'warded' since conflict as a concept, both literally and in abstract form, just doesn't work here. Though consciousnesses are free to fight each other if they want, there's no one really stopping them, and it doesn't really do anything.

Enjoy your stay!

PS: I wouldn't always be around to record when people die, so if you want, either @ me or just post here with your character wandering the ISaS, Garvey will pick them up!

Edited by Cyanic

@I think I am here.

Garvey brought the worldpiercer lower as the woman's figure began to flicker and blur into existence, the last vestiges of her consciousness shifting from the Material Realm, to the Cognitive Realm, then finally to here in the Beyond.

As her consciousness snapped into place, Garvey lowered the 'piercer near the ground, he muted the false sound it made into a gentle hum and greeted her: "Good morning! well, not really, time isn't really very relevant here," the caretaker folded his worldpiercer into itself and he descended like a feather, his feet touching the surface of the Infinite Sea below him, causing etheareal ripples.

Edited by Cyanic

Mara looked up. She was scared, that was for sure. Scared and quiet. The Afterlife. She hadn’t imagined there’d actually be one.

She looked at the man in front of her, with that thing in his hand, he looked like he knew what he was doing.

“Hey,” Mara said. “What’s up?” And promptly fell unconcious.

Hm. She was taking this rather well-- ah and she's unconscious.

Garvey walked toward her 'unconscious' body, then cleared his throat. "Ahem, you can't really go unconscious here, you just think you can, which is why you're unconscious right now." The woman should hear him... should, it was only logical, there wasn't really anywhere her consciousness would go anyway. He was an Information Highcaller among other things, but there were still things he didn't know. He decided to introduce himself anyway, "my name is Garvey, and I'm the self-appointed caretaker for the Infinite Sky and Sea section of the Beyond."

Garvey looked at himself in a third person perspective, introducing himself to a woman who was unconscious. That looked both human-strange and human-humorous, which made him chuckle slightly. That was okay, social norms weren't really needed in the Beyond.

@I think I am here.

I noticed you don't @ me, should I stop @ing you too?

The man didn’t stop talking. “Shut up.” Mara said. “I’m being unconcious.” Then she realized she wasn’t unconcious anymore.

“Woah. Sorry.”

Rashan saw the speck grow bigger, and he ran towards it. He found Mara laying on the ground and an unknown man next to her.

“Hey,” He said.

Mara looked up. “Rashan?”

“Yeah.”

“Woah. So you’re really dead?”

“Why wouldn’t I be? If anything, I’m surprised you’re dead.”

“Yeah.”

“I thought I told Devaan to look after you. Didn’t he?”

“Master Sheonar did. I just got myself killed.”

“Master Sheonar? Storm, I wish someone called me Master Caer or something. He’s probably laughing right now.”

“No, he’s really angry.”

“Yeah, for some reason I don’t doubt that. Was he angry when I died?”

“I assume so.”

“You don’t remember?”

“I was eight. I remember Mace punching Max in the face though.”

“Mace.”

“Yeah.”

“...”

“You seem angry.”

“Angry? Why would you think I’m angry?”

“Because you’re clenching your fists and trembling.”

“I am not trembling.”

“Yes you are. What’s your deal with Mace?”

“I’ve been looking for him in this beyond place for 16 years. Everyone says he died, but I still can’t find him.”

“Why do you want to find him.”

“I mean, I know I said I forgave him, but I still want to punch him once. Once. Square in the jaw, just a good, solid, punch.”

“Mace is alive.”

“Mace is alive?”

“Mace is alive.”

“Mace is alive!”

“Yup.”

“Storm.”

“You know, you’re a lot cooler when everyone is drooling about your speech and how you sacrificed yourself for the Alleyverse.”

“They do that?”

“I think so. Anyway, you’re dead, I’m dead, last time I heard Vaisin was also dead.”

“Vaisin?”

“Yeah, this 14 year old fanboy. I bet he’d kill to meet you. He’s also dead, though he sorta got erased from existence, so he’s not coming here.”

“Storm. If he was here, we could have all joined together and grumble about how Itiah kills us.”

“Yeah, Itiah seems to have a thing for killing his characters.”

“Yeah. I’d wager he’s killed the most characters he’s played. That’s three characters he’s led to their death.”

“Let’s hope Max doesn’t follow us.”

“Why not? We could have a family reunion.”

“I mean, sure. This highcaller guy next to you said that Max’ll go crazy without me.”

“Storm.”

“Yeah, that’s what I said too, except I said ‘rust’, because, you know, I’m Scadrian.”

“Technically I’m Scadrian too.”

“I guess so. Anyway, the deal is Max may just grow crazy.”

“Yeah, dead siblings tend to do that to a man.”

“You had dead siblings?”

“None that I knew.”

“Right. So anyway, this is the dead world?”

“Yeah, looks pretty, doesn’t it?”

“I guess so. It’s probably the least Itiah can do seeing to how he sent us here.”

“Yeah,”

“He tried to get me ressurected, you know.”

“Did he? Me too, except in my case it actually succeeded.”

“Yeah.”

“So, how did you die?”

And the two talked for hours on the Infinite Sea and Sky, long reunited.

Garvey wanted to interject, but that was a nice reunion. She was very surprisingly accepting of all this, and that's okay. They also discussed some things that he didn't really say, but he guessed there weren't really secrets in the Beyond, and he didn't really mind.

When they paused, he cleared his throat, turning to Mara. "So they're having your funeral right now, It would be a human-funny prank if I brought you back there and you just erupted out of your casket," he chuckled, "anyway, would you prefer I took you to the Hub now? You can continue talking there. Rashan here already knows his way to there, so you'll meet him. Though you're definitely free to stay here and chat some more if you want. I also wasn't joking about the prank. Anyway, it's your choice." Garvey stepped back

@I think I am here.

Edited by Cyanic

Mara laughed.

“Ha! Though that does sound like a funny prank, I don’t want to give too many people a heart attack though.” She thought for a bit. “So this hub, who all is in there? Seems like it’ll be fun going there.”

“It is,” Rashan piped in. “They have the best violet wine, too.”

“You drink?”

“Didn’t anyone tell you? I once speed-drank  200 cups of violet wine.”

“Nobody said you drank.”

“Storm, being drunk is one of my most endearing qualities, I would say.”

And then he sped off into the distance, presumably to the Hub. Mara turned to Garvey. “This place is cool.” She said. “Let’s go to the Hub!”

@Cyanic

Edited by I think I am here.

Atticus entered the realm, feeling weird. What is that feeling? It's almost like... 

"I DON'T WANT TO KILL EVERYTHING ALIVE, RIP APART THE ENTIRE UNIVERSE, THEN DIE MYSELF!"

So this is what the afterlife is like...

"Can anyone tell me what I need to know?"

"It will," Garvey interjected, having brought Mara to the hub... apparently. "But still, feel free to do whatever you'd like, no one will complain if you try to kill people... because you can't. And that's alright," Highcalling Information was really a formality, and it's fine if he didn't, so he didn't. He was a bit lazy today. He wouldn't know much about them, well except for their names since that was easy to find,

He also greeted Vans, "so yes, welcome to the Infinite Sky and Sea if you want, I can take you to the hub, or you can stay here for a bit, you can also just straight up hop back into your physical body if you wanted to. This is recommended during funerals as that would be human-funny though for some reason, no one's really wanted to come back to the physical realm," Garvey shrugs, "that's fine though, you do you.

Another consciousness 'fell' a few infinities away from where Garvey was at, so he split his consciousness and traveled their with a facsimile of the worldpiercer. "Hm, that's never happened before," he Highcalled for this particular consciousness though, Vaisin, "ah you were supposedly erased from existence, so I guess that's why you just fell?" He shrugged, "anyway, welcome to the Infinite Sky and Sea!"

haven't posted in a while

not sorry for my absence c:

"Ah. Do you remember the one time you interacted with my father, Hellbent? I've heard you were on a quest to free captive Listener's, though it never finished."

Atticus looked down, noticing with interest that he didn't have his spike in his eye.

"And then he died. Or well, you. I never actually thought I would meet you."
He sat down cross-legged, eggnog appearing in his hand.

"How did it feel having a heroic death? I got shot in the head with a blaster bolt while siting their insane, so I don't know."