The tri-storm

Ripheus23

So, correct me if I'm wrong, but a recent Shardcast revealed/indicated that there is a third possible Shardstorm :P, Cultivation's. We've been told that WoK and WoR foreshadow the ending of the entire SA, or something along those lines. This is a very condensed prediction, therefore, but: like the dual-storm cataclysm at the close of WoR, there will at the climax of the SA be a tri-storm apocalypse.

• 1 month later...
8 minutes ago, Draginon said:

And if the Highstorm goes east to west and the Everstorm goes west to east which direction would a Cultivatestorm go? North to south (with a slight tilt to get all of Roshar)? Stay in place but covering the entire continent?

Convergent storm bands would be interesting (two storms go each direction and meet in the middle) so that every portion of Roshar has a storm that has the most power there.

On 10/15/2018 at 5:37 PM, Invocation said:

Ironically, this might not be a bad thing, depending on what effects Cultivation's storm has. If it makes things grow faster, it would be pretty useful.

The Highstorm is Honor's perpendiculary, but it still has a good bit of Cultivation in it. Stormlight makes plants grow faster and produce more oxygen, it also enhances the immune systems and health of the people on Roshar. Which is why men like Dalinar can still fight, without Radiant powers, and not suffer too many health effects. It is also why you do not see a large amount of infectious disease on Roshar and why the common cold was considered a plague in the Pure Lake area.  

9 minutes ago, Gasper said:

The Highstorm is Honor's perpendiculary, but it still has a good bit of Cultivation in it. Stormlight makes plants grow faster and produce more oxygen, it also enhances the immune systems and health of the people on Roshar. Which is why men like Dalinar can still fight, without Radiant powers, and not suffer too many health effects. It is also why you do not see a large amount of infectious disease on Roshar and why the common cold was considered a plague in the Pure Lake area.

Now imagine if Cultivation's storm super-charges that. 

4 minutes ago, Invocation said:

Now imagine if Cultivation's storm super-charges that. 

Yeah, that would be terrifying, but what I am saying is that despite the Highstorm having Honor's power being concentrated in the Highstorm, it is also Cultivation's Storm as well. While her perpendiculary is in the Horneater Peaks and she likes to hang out in the Nightwatcher's valley, she still puts a significant portion of her power into the Highstorm.

Just now, Gasper said:

Yeah, that would be terrifying, but what I am saying is that despite the Highstorm having Honor's power being concentrated in the Highstorm, it is also Cultivation's Storm as well. While her perpendiculary is in the Horneater Peaks and she likes to hang out in the Nightwatcher's valley, she still puts a significant portion of her power into the Highstorm.

So maybe they seperate, or it just swaps with her being the foremost of the Highstorm after Honor's available Investiture decreases (more than likely because Dalinar does stuff) and from then on it's more her storm than his.

2 minutes ago, Zellyia said:

Mmmmm isn't Aimia surround by choppy waters and storms?  Maybe she's got her storm parked there?

I mean you have to sail towards the Origin of Storms that make the highstorms to get to Aimia, and the journey is long enough that you will inevitably encounter at least one. The rocks that were Soulcast into the ocean contribute to the watery demise of many ships and the Aimians themselves take care of the rest, but I don't think there's a permanent storm parked there (yet, at least).

On 11/17/2018 at 4:22 PM, Draginon said:

And if the Highstorm goes east to west and the Everstorm goes west to east which direction would a Cultivatestorm go? North to south (with a slight tilt to get all of Roshar)? Stay in place but covering the entire continent?

Epic Circular Hurricane with the Eye centered on the Horneater Mountains. 

On 11/21/2018 at 0:36 PM, stonedshaman said:

@Invocation if I am remembering correctly a strange storm does pop up on then during the aimia interlude.

I thought that was just a normal highstorm as they sailed through it, though there was a mention of rumors of a perpetual storm that surrounded Aimia as being one of the deterrents. I might be wrong. It's been while. 

• Chaos locked this topic