The Irilai Tidereaders

Invocation

I haven't seen anything about this in a forum, so I thought I'd throw it here so it can be thoroughly discussed and inevitably RShara and/or Calderis will come in with some hidden WOB that I didn't find and pull the rug out from under me.(I'm convinced you two have witchcraft or something)

The Irilai are not native to Roshar, and the current thing is The Long Trail is them worldhopping everywhere. What if one of the worlds they've come from is Obrodai? We know very little about it, other than it has a manifestation of a Shard there (probably Autonomy, right?) and that it was referred to as having waters. While that could be just the choice of words used to refer to the area of the planet in both Cognitive and Physical Realms, but what if it didn't? There would be so many other words to use there that the use of waters specifically pokes out to me.

Now, why does that have anything to do with the Irilai and The Long Trail? In Oathbringer, the Irilai move forward their spanreed conversation with Dalinar because of an advisor known as a Tidereader saying that an earlier meeting is better. Tidereader. Provided the comment about Obrodai actually having water, it would make sense if that would become a focus of things for the people that live there for a long time, even to the point of attempting to tell the future using it extending, even, to a world where telling the future, even obliquely, is a big no-no. Can't get rid of cultural stuff that easy.

So what do y'all think? Did the Irilai come from Obrodai at some point?

If you look closely at that set of epigraphs, you'll notice there are two different planets being discussed. There's Obrodai, a world Hoid is told to avoid. And "these waters," to which Hoid is invited. The latter world is actually First of the Sun.

Worldhopping from FotS is possible, since Mraize has an Aviar in Oathbringer. 

6 minutes ago, Pagerunner said:

If you look closely at that set of epigraphs, you'll notice there are two different planets being discussed. There's Obrodai, a world Hoid is told to avoid. And "these waters," to which Hoid is invited. The latter world is actually First of the Sun.

Worldhopping from FotS is possible, since Mraize has an Aviar in Oathbringer. 

Rusts. I didn't notice that.

• Chaos locked this topic