"the visitors"

Oh, child.

Sit down. It’s time to introduce you to the Cosmere. :)

Almost every Brandon book you’ve read is connected in one universe. One galaxy, actually. The planet with Mistborn (Scadrial), the planet with Warbreaker (Nalthis), and the planet with the Stormlight Archive (Roshar) are all part of one dwarf galaxy.

The people who you see from one series in another are what we call ‘Worldhoppers’. They’re usually in small cameo roles and they basically travel among all these planets using magic.

There’s an organisation of them, too, who are called The 17th Shard. This forum is named after them.

Hope this helps. :) 

On 10/7/2018 at 6:07 AM, I think I am here. said:

Oh, child.

Sit down. It’s time to introduce you to the Cosmere. :)

Almost every Brandon book you’ve read is connected in one universe. One galaxy, actually. The planet with Mistborn (Scadrial), the planet with Warbreaker (Nalthis), and the planet with the Stormlight Archive (Roshar) are all part of one dwarf galaxy.

The people who you see from one series in another are what we call ‘Worldhoppers’. They’re usually in small cameo roles and they basically travel among all these planets using magic.

There’s an organisation of them, too, who are called The 17th Shard. This forum is named after them.

Hope this helps. :) 

I know but WHY and HOW ?  I already suspected mask woman is from the people kelsier saved 

23 hours ago, Ripheus23 said:

I'm gonna RAFO that one *hands person a RAFO card*

and which book tells me all that all I have read is war elantris stormlight archive and mistborn

On 10/7/2018 at 8:29 AM, Kal-Eldin said:

The people from Scadrial/Sel/Taldain on Roshar are supposedly hunting Hoid if you're looking for their actual reason of being there. 

I knew that but thank you for actually responding  im just trying to figure out who they are and why are they looking for a man they never knew only vin and kelsier met hoid

1.) Posting more than one comment in a row is discouraged here, you can edit your post to make it longer by clicking "edit" next to the "quote" button.

2.) The people in the purelake are Galladon from Elantris, Demoux from Mistborn, and Baon from White Sand. 

3.) They are part of the organization "The 17th shard" who wish to learn and observe other civilizations without interfering with their development. As Hoid interferes with nearly EVERY civilization, finding him is a priority. 

4.) The seventeenth shard is not mentioned in any book I know of, but is in this quote: (spoilered for length)

Spoiler

Questioner (paraphrased)

Demoux. Him, also being in the Interlude. How is that one...

Brandon Sanderson (paraphrased)

He is part of a group called the Seventeenth Shard. [They] are is cosmere-aware and travel around the planets and have a kind of pact of non-intervention. Which they aren't doing a very good job on, because they brought the common cold to Roshar.

Questioner (paraphrased)

How did he actually find out about this?

I will give you [a RAFO card], because I will answer about the Seventeenth Shard eventually.

Questioner (paraphrased)

*inaudible*

The Seventeenth Shard will have a big role to play in future books.

Questioner (paraphrased)

Is Hoid part of the...?

Hoid is not part of the Seventeenth Shard. They're trying to chase him down.

5.) As to how they became part of the seventeenth shard, I don't think we have any idea.

6.) Ta-da: https://coppermind.net/wiki/Seventeenth_Shard

Edited by Kal-Eldin

Different worldhoppers have different reasons and methods of getting to different worlds. The three in particular in the Purelake interlude are Demoux(Thinker) from Mistborn, Galladon(Grump) from Elantris, and Baon(Blunt) from White Sand. They're members of a society called the Seventeenth Shard, and they're hunting Hoid because they think that his meddling is dangerous, and that he needs to be stopped.

We don't know the specifics of how they got there, other than likely through the Cognitive Realm.

None of this has been on-screen yet, so there's not really a specific book that covers it. It's just hints and guesses and WoBs for now.

16 hours ago, Kal-Eldin said:

1.) Posting more than one comment in a row is discouraged here, you can edit your post to make it longer by clicking "edit" next to the "quote" button.

2.) The people in the purelake are Galladon from Elantris, Demoux from Mistborn, and Baon from White Sand. 

3.) They are part of the organization "The 17th shard" who wish to learn and observe other civilizations without interfering with their development. As Hoid interferes with nearly EVERY civilization, finding him is a priority. 

4.) The seventeenth shard is not mentioned in any book I know of, but is in this quote: (spoilered for length)

Hide contents

Questioner (paraphrased)

Demoux. Him, also being in the Interlude. How is that one...

He is part of a group called the Seventeenth Shard. [They] are is cosmere-aware and travel around the planets and have a kind of pact of non-intervention. Which they aren't doing a very good job on, because they brought the common cold to Roshar.

Questioner (paraphrased)

How did he actually find out about this?

I will give you [a RAFO card], because I will answer about the Seventeenth Shard eventually.

Questioner (paraphrased)

*inaudible*

The Seventeenth Shard will have a big role to play in future books.

Questioner (paraphrased)

Is Hoid part of the...?

Hoid is not part of the Seventeenth Shard. They're trying to chase him down.

5.) As to how they became part of the seventeenth shard, I don't think we have any idea.

6.) Ta-da: https://coppermind.net/wiki/Seventeenth_Shard

16 hours ago, RShara said:

Different worldhoppers have different reasons and methods of getting to different worlds. The three in particular in the Purelake interlude are Demoux(Thinker) from Mistborn, Galladon(Grump) from Elantris, and Baon(Blunt) from White Sand. They're members of a society called the Seventeenth Shard, and they're hunting Hoid because they think that his meddling is dangerous, and that he needs to be stopped.

We don't know the specifics of how they got there, other than likely through the Cognitive Realm.

None of this has been on-screen yet, so there's not really a specific book that covers it. It's just hints and guesses and WoBs for now.

alright thank you both  and sorry. guess I also need to read  more of his other books to so many worlds lol

8 hours ago, TousenShadowForged said:

alright thank you both  and sorry. guess I also need to read  more of his other books to so many worlds lol

A lot of the information about this topic isn’t actually expressed directly in the books, but rather in WOB’s or “Words of Brandon”. They can be found at wob.coppermind.net. If you are looking for information on a specific person check out www.coppermind.net. For example, searching for Demoux in the coppermind lists this WOB as a reference at the bottom of the page. 

Questioner (paraphrased)

Is Thinker from the Purelake scene Demoux [from the Mistborn Era 1]?

Demoux is indeed in that scene.

And for those who didn’t hear, about the other one, there is a scene in the Way of Kings. People have been trying to figure out… there are some members of… there are some people there that I have hinted are from other books, and they have now figured out two of the three. I don’t think you’ve figured out the third one, and you won’t because…

Mi'chelle (paraphrased)

Has their book been written yet? Has their book been published?

Their book has not been published yet. I won’t say if it’s been written yet. Is anyone confused at what’s going on there? There is a connection between the books.

Footnote: The scene being discussed is the three men, Thinker, Grump, and Blunt, in the Ishikk interlude of The Way of Kings, set in the Purelake. These three men are members of the Cosmere organization, The Seventeenth Shard.

On 10/8/2018 at 9:28 AM, Kal-Eldin said:

They're mentioned in Hoid's letter to Frost in WoK. He tells Frost that he should call off his "friends of the Seventeenth Shard" who are following Hoid.

• Chaos locked this topic