Awesome Brandon Discussions

So I was talking to a friend who hasn't yet read all of Sanderson's book yet, but the most awesome thing happened. We were discussing book swears and I said "For Mistborn four, there's 'Rust and Ruin,'" and then mentioned that it was a spoiler.

Her response was "How can a phrase ruin a book?"

Awesome in soooo many ways. So it got me thinking, do any of you have any awesome Brandon discussions like that?

*facepalm*

Ruins the plot. Now I get it...

Probably when I was in class, the day after WoR was released, reading it on my phone surreptitiously, when the teacher calls me out on it. He says, "Unless you're reading Words of Radiance on that thing, pay attention."

Sanderfans are always in unexpected places.

*facepalm*

Probably when I was in class, the day after WoR was released, reading it on my phone surreptitiously, when the teacher calls me out on it. He says, "Unless you're reading Words of Radiance on that thing, pay attention."

Too. Much. Win.

*facepalm*

GABLARGH! Incredibly cool! It did make me feel even more alone as a Norwegian Sharder, though...

EDIT: What was his response when you told him that you were in fact reading Words of Radiance?

Edited by Aether

I saw this one kid with the Final Empire at a scout thing a couple months ago, and I was like MISTBORN!!!! The guy was brand new to Sanderson so I figured I'd better not mention the cosmere, but I told him to keep reading because the ending-and everything else- is awesome. He just kind of looked at me....

*facepalm*

I have to ask, did you teacher previously know that you're a Sanderfan? Or was it total random chance?

​I presume he let you continue reading then? :)

I just sort of ducked and started working, mostly because getting an exemption like that from the teacher would make me feel like a dick. Of course, then the teacher started geeking out at me about the books, and while I'm fine with a bit of geeking out, during class with everyone else watching is a bit much.

And he knew I'm an avid fantasy reader, if not a Sanderfan in particular. There's even an off-chance he'll visit the forums, in which case, hi Mr. B.

I just sort of ducked and started working, mostly because getting an exemption like that from the teacher would make me feel like a dick. Of course, then the teacher started geeking out at me about the books, and while I'm fine with a bit of geeking out, during class with everyone else watching is a bit much.

And he knew I'm an avid fantasy reader, if not a Sanderfan in particular. There's even an off-chance he'll visit the forums, in which case, hi Mr. B.

How cool wouldn't it be if your professor turned out to be, say, Kurkistan!

Well, uh....Shardblades don't work through the internet.....do they?

No, but I will send spren to heckle you all!

They will be shaped like schools of small green fish!

Clearly, Delightful, you have never been exposed to the horror of hecklespren once unleashed upon their enemies. I envy your innocence.

No, but I will send spren to heckle you all!

They will be shaped like schools of small green fish!

Then we will eat the fish! bond with the spren and turn into Mermaid Mutant Radiant Greatshells! And you shall have no power over us because spren cannot be spiked! I think.

Then we will eat the fish! bond with the spren and turn into Mermaid Mutant Radiant Greatshells! And you shall have no power over us because spren cannot be spiked! I think.

Ninja'd, but the talk of Mermaid Mutant Radiant Greatshells appeases me. How can I speak the first oath?

Ninja'd, but the talk of Mermaid Mutant Radiant Greatshells appeases me. How can I speak the first oath?

You cannot speak them. You must blub them underwater whilst trying to not breathe in said water. Then, if you blub correctly, you may progress. But I cannot speak of this anymore. I'm off to go deep-sea diving so I may blub my 10th oath and irrevocably join their ranks forever.

Bond them, I dare you, they will grant you great power. But beware: hecklespren are of Swimmingly, and will corrupt your souls!

I bonded with one, and it caused me to say nasty things on the Syl thread.

• Chaos locked this topic