[WoK,WoR,OB,ED] Books, Main Characters, and KR Orders

Wyrdspren

Was just doing a little thinking, and remembered that there are 10 books planned of the main series, and also 10 orders of the Knights Radiant. As a result, I attempted to see if they lined up with one another, using the main flashback characters, from what we know so far.

Kaladin - Windrunner
Shallan - Lightweaver
Dalinar - Bondsmith 
Eshonai - ???
Szeth - Skybreaker

Lift - Edgedancer
Jasnah - Elsecaller
Shalash - Lightweaver??
Taln - Stoneward
Renarin - Truthwatcher

The two missing orders from this are the Willshapers and Dustbringers, with Eshonai and Shalash wavering a bit. I know that Shalash is the patron of the order of the Lightweavers, but that made me think of something else. Is it possible that a Herald would bind to a KR spren of an order which they aren't the patron of? We know that Nale bonded to a highspren as well as having his Skybreaker honorblade. 

We know that Eshonai's sister, Venli, is on her way to becoming a willshaper - so that could be the association of that order as well. Any thoughts? It seems to match up decently for most of them, but it could just be a co-incidence but our lord and savior Brandon likes his numbers and associations, so I'm not sure.

Eshonai, like Venli, would have been a Willshaper. Same spren and all. 

And that leaves Dustbringer for Ash, so all 10 orders. And I'll just drop the WoB since it's gonna come up anyway... 

Cemci

Have we-- I think you mentioned in a previous signing that we'd already met one member of every Order of the Knights Radiant.

Brandon Sanderson

Yes, I think you have.

Cemci

My question is, have we met two Edgedancers? And is one of the Dustbringers a viewpoint character?

Brandon Sanderson

One of the Dustbringers is eventually a point-of-view character.

Cemci

Haven't been yet?

Brandon Sanderson

No, not yet, I don't think. But it depends if you count the Heralds as members of their order.

Cemci

I don't.

Brandon Sanderson

Oh, see I would, because they're kind of heads of their Order. If you don't count them you have not met some from every Order.

Cemci

Have we met someone from the Dustbringers?

Brandon Sanderson

Well-- Dustbringers are really complicated. Really complicated. So that's the weird one. Okay? So let's shelve that one. You'll see why it's really weird later on.

source

• Chaos locked this topic