(Spoiler) Exploring the possability that the 4-5 New KRs (Might actually do something smart together!!) Hypothetical Spoiler Danger!!

WitSpren

KR Training.

OK we have 5 KRs now.

Kaladen  -   Gravitation    and    Adhesion       -   Mostly self trained.

Shellan -  Transformation      and    Illumination

Renarin  -  Progression    and     Illunination

Delinar   -   Adhesion      and  Tension

So Kal can train Delinar on Adhesion     (Probably not until he gets back from Hearthome.)

Shellan can train Renarin on Illumination.

If Jasna ever gets back, she can finally teach Shallan on Soulcasting.

With Shellan’s  book as a guide,  Renerin can start practicing Re-growth on Adolin, the Bridgemen and all the other injured people at Uriteru.

And Delinar can use the book as well to work on his Tension.

Surely, with someone to teach you, it sould go a lot faster now - Right?

So are we going to see some real Surgebinding progress in the next book?

Also, how about getting to word out to the world.      If you know someone who is talking to Spren - Send them to US!!! 

ALSO - will they start actually start telling each other things??      

Shallan.    "Say Brightlord Radiant Delinar, we have a very bad Ghostblood infestation here in Uritheru.     I just thought you should know."

Edited to add "Spoiler Warning"

Edited by WitSpren

Witspren, it might be a good idea to put less of the spoiler in the topic, since topics are visible in the sidebar to EVERYONE.  I notice a few of your threads are this way.

To edit them, click on Edit, then go to Full Editor, and you'll be able to change the topic title.

I would love is Shallan and Renarin came clean to Dalinar about what they actually know. Secrets over secrets over secrets annoy me. Kaladin, I can understand why he was reluctant to trust Dalinar although he did end up trusting him. Shallan, she has her reasons although I do think she buried herself quite deep in those lies of her and a certain someone may feel offended by her lack of honesty.

Renarin, however, I fail to see why he didn't open up to this father or to his brother or to his aunt... I mean, it is not like if he has no one who cares about him, no one to trust. In his case, the secrety bothers me and I get the feeling he won't talk much more in the next book.

This is a pretty big spoiler.

Witspren, it might be a good idea to put less of the spoiler in the topic, since topics are visible in the sidebar to EVERYONE.  I notice a few of your threads are this way.

To edit them, click on Edit, then go to Full Editor, and you'll be able to change the topic title.

It is all content from the book that the forum is based on. Literally none of it is spoiler content. 

Right, but if you go to the forum main page, on the right hand side, there's a Recent Topics section.  Anyone can see it, including people who don't want to be spoiled.

Don't need to put spoiler tags in the topic, just have a generic topic title, for their sake.  It's not a huge deal, but it's a nice thing to do?

Back to the topic, yes, I agree that a lot of cross-training will happen.  I'm not sure about Kaladin training anyone, though, since he's going to be off to Heartstone and Alethkar to protect people.

Right, but if you go to the forum main page, on the right hand side, there's a Recent Topics section.  Anyone can see it, including people who don't want to be spoiled.

Don't need to put spoiler tags in the topic, just have a generic topic title, for their sake.  It's not a huge deal, but it's a nice thing to do?

& @ Khyrindor

I hardly think that the original title of this tread was significantly Spoilery.     It did not even mention any specific names or KR types & it could have really ment anything.     The only ones that could actually extrapolate who and what KRs were involved would be those that have actually read WoR.     For someone who had not read WoR it could have ment anything - like - 4-5 new KRs beyond Kal/Shallan/Jasna.    or even something else.

Much better to monitor the many blatently WoR spoilers posted directly in the Stormlite Archive, like "Parshendi that refused Stormform" and others.

If you strip every title in the WoR fourm down so much it becomes unfunctional to the point of annoying

Just my opinion.

ALSO - will they start actually start telling each other things??      

Shallan.    "Say Brightlord Radiant Delinar, we have a very bad Ghostblood infestation here in Uritheru.     I just thought you should know."

I'm so tired of miscommunication between the protagonists... 

No, but really, you could probably build an entire series around a group of 4 protagonists who have unique personalities but tell each other everything, understanding communication to be the key to their overall success, even though they are on separate journeys. I'd read it.

Well Shallan and Dalinar haven't really had a chance to chat yet.  She's been willing to (eventually) trust Dalinar before, so hopefully in the next book, she'll tell him about the Ghostbloods.  That would be really nice.

Also, Kaladin tell Elhokar and Dalinar about Roshone, Dalinar telling anyone about his wife, and Lift tell everyone about her awesomeness!

Well Shallan and Dalinar haven't really had a chance to chat yet.  She's been willing to (eventually) trust Dalinar before, so hopefully in the next book, she'll tell him about the Ghostbloods.  That would be really nice.

Also, Kaladin tell Elhokar and Dalinar about Roshone, Dalinar telling anyone about his wife, and Lift tell everyone about her awesomeness!

I doubt we can count on Shallan for that, but Elhokar certainly owes Kaladin his trust now, and Dalinar already has it. Kaladin will be gone for a little bit, so it looks like he won't have a chance to cash in on that. I think Dalinar is going to fall into his leadership role fairly naturally and people will begin reporting to him as they return from their own missions. 

@WitSpren, didn't Ym use Regrowth?

I assumed he wasn't an Order we've seen before, because that maximises on the new info that Interlude could give us, but I could be wrong.

On topic: I'm not entirely convinced Jasnah will be teaching anyone anything, since we have no idea where she's been or what she intends doing.

Shallan I think wouldn't want to teach Renarin because she finds him creepy, but would maybe do it out of loyalty to KR/Adolin.

I also don't know how much time they'll have to hang around teaching each other, you know, with the Everstorm coming and all. I would definitely love proper communication though.

@Delightful - Ym was very likely a potential Truthwatcher, he uses Regrowth (Progression) so he was either an Edgedancer or a Truthwatcher and since one of the other interludes features an Edgedancer most of us are inclined to believe he was a Truthwatcher.  Which is also supported by the fact that his spren appears to be a different type from Wyndle. 

@WitSpren - I don't see why Renarin would have Ym's spren, there are more than one spren of each type.  (And Ym and Renarin are on pretty much opposite sides of the continent)  Also Ym's death definitely has nothing to do with Renarin hearing the screams, that is quite clearly explained as happening to all surgebinders who touch a dead shardblade.

@WitSpren - I don't see why Renarin would have Ym's spren, there are more than one spren of each type.

I think you covered it well, but just in case anyone still wasn't convinced: Renarin also says his spren, Glys, is a "he", while Ym's was most certainly a "she". There's basically no way they had the same spren, unless anyone is proposing a spren-gender-is-fluid theory.

@WitSpren - I don't see why Renarin would have Ym's spren, there are more than one spren of each type.  (And Ym and Renarin are on pretty much opposite sides of the continent) 

You are quite right about the possibility of more than one of each type.    Just as there is a possability that there is only one.    As far as distance, we can't be sure of the time frame between the two events, or how fast that type of Spren can travel. 

Personally, I hope you are right, but not completely sure as yet. 

@Moogle

Renarin also says his spren, Glys, is a "he", while Ym's was most certainly a "she". There's basically no way they had the same spren, unless anyone is proposing a spren-gender-is-fluid theory.

Ym mostly referred to his Spren as an it.     He DID though think that it sounded like a young woman.     But men and women have a wide range of voice patterns and quite a few overlap, so I don't thing that is conclusive. 

@both    Most likely you are correct.     I am just putting out the possibility as they were both apparently Truthwatchers.

@Delightful - Ym was very likely a potential Truthwatcher, he uses Regrowth (Progression) so he was either an Edgedancer or a Truthwatcher and since one of the other interludes features an Edgedancer most of us are inclined to believe he was a Truthwatcher.  Which is also supported by the fact that his spren appears to be a different type from Wyndle. 

How do we know for sure that Truthwatchers use Regrowth? I don't remember their particular surges mentioned anywhere and I thought Brandon was RAFO'ing anything to do with them?

Edited by Delightful

• Chaos locked this topic