Crazy theory on Interlude:Stick [possible spoilers]

Funkylemon

So if you read the Interlude:Stick that Brandon posted on his website today, you learn that Stick now knows it is a stick (and likes to reiterate that fact). This may be a crazy theory, but hear me out. Stick exists in Shadesmar. I think stick will enter the physical realm and become a spren for someone. Whoever Stick becomes a spren to will be able to wield Stick as a weapon, but only as a stick. Stick vs. Shardblade.

Well stick now has a religion so he is effectively a god.

That interlude is the best in the book and how dare Brandon say he is a minor character he is obviously the most important person in the Cosmere.

OMG STICK IS ADONALSIUM!!!! :lol:  :D  :rolleyes:  It's the only logical answer.

Stick is the aspect of Adonalsium that stuck the others together. Stick went for a self-aware holiday on Roshar, and Adonalsium simply fell apart without it. That's why Roshar has 3 Shards, the most of any SHardworld we've seen so far. We also have an explanation now as to why Adonalsium previously visited Roshar: to check out prime vacation locations!

Thus, Stick is quite literally central to the Cosmere.

What if it's just a stick? That seems to be it's character arc at least, coming to terms with it being a stick.

The following quote:

I am a stick? I am a stick.

This scene represents the pinnacle of Stick's story arc. All of a sudden, a fiery-headed antagonist attempts to tell the Stick it is not a Stick. And in an emotional soul-searching climax, Stick learns exactly what it is. It is and always will be a stick.

I cried. Brandon Sanderson's characters always have such impacting arcs.

Always. No exceptions.

Do we have a confirmation on all the characters with backstory the last 5 books will revolve around?

I for one would be very interested in the origin of Stick 

Six Years Previously

I am a stick. I am a stick, I am a stick. I am a stick. I am a stick!

The revelations shown to us through Book 8's flashbacks are overwhelming.

Do we have a confirmation on all the characters with backstory the last 5 books will revolve around?

I for one would be very interested in the origin of Stick

I believe the confirmed ones right now are, in no particular order, Renarin, Jasnah, Lift, and the man who calls himself Taln. I don't think we have a confirmation on the fifth one. So it could be Stick! Likely it will have the final book in the series.

I believe the confirmed ones right now are, in no particular order, Renarin, Jasnah, Lift, and the man who calls himself Taln. I don't think we have a confirmation on the fifth one. So it could be Stick! Likely it will have the final book in the series.

Jasnah and "Taln"? Has this actually been confirmed? As far as I knew those were both mere speculation, but I'd love to be wrong! :D

Jasnah and "Taln"? Has this actually been confirmed? As far as I knew those were both mere speculation, but I'd love to be wrong! :D

Q:  Do you know the order of 6-10?

A:  I know whose they are but I haven't decided the order.  Lift is one, Taln is one.  The person who calls himself Taln.

Q:  Is Jasnah's book going to be one of the backstories?

A:  It is. She's on the back five.  

Q:  Is the second half of the series based off of some of these interlude characters?

A:  Some of the interlude characters, yes.  And some that aren't interlude characters.  For example, Renarin is going to be one of the back five.

Despite these WoBs, one should assume these are all subject to change. Between WoK and now, he has said a whole ton different things. Kaladin was getting another book for a while, Navani and Adolin were to get one, he has said another Herald other than "Taln" before. The only ones that he has stayed pretty consistent with are "Taln" and Jasnah, actually; the addition of Lift and Renarin is new. However, I have a feeling that he has a better idea of where he wants to take things now, with a second book out. I like the new set he has; I never cared about Navani and Adolin's backstories, but I really want Lift and Renarin. I suspect Rysn might be the last, though I have no evidence to support it beyond that she has been an Interlude character in both books.

Edited by GreyPilgrim

Despite these WoBs, one should assume these are all subject to change. Between WoK and now, he has said a whole ton different things. Kaladin was getting another book for a while, Navani and Adolin were to get one, he has said another Herald other than "Taln" before. The only ones that he has stayed pretty consistent with are "Taln" and Jasnah, actually; the addition of Lift and Renarin is new. However, I have a feeling that he has a better idea of where he wants to take things now, with a second book out. I like the new set he has; I never cared about Navani and Adolin's backstories, but I really want Lift and Renarin. I suspect Rysn might be the last, though I have no evidence to support it beyond that she has been an Interlude character in both books.

Thanks for the info. I also agree that Rysn will most likely get a book--she's been in both book's interludes and has a connection to a creature that has a connection to Stormlight. But that's a topic for another thread, I suppose. Readers, back to your regularly scheduled Stickiness. :)

• Chaos locked this topic