Magneto vs. Kelsier Who would win?

mycoltbug

As much as I dig Kel, I'd have to say Magneto would win. As one of the comments there said, all Maggie would have to do is rip the metals out of Kelsier's stomach. Which he could do pretty easily, if you compare what he did to Wolverine.

Now, here comes an important question, though: is allomantic pewter ferrous? If it's not, there's a chance Magneto might not be able to manipulate it, which would help Kelsier out a bit. He could heal the damage done when the iron, steel, etc. was ripped out of him, and make him physically stronger, to boot.

However, Magneto isn't limited to Pushing and Pulling, and even though Kel wouldn't be wearing any metal for Magneto to manipulate, he'd still probably have a bag of coins. And if all else failed, he'd just rip the spires from Kredik Shaw and start throwing those around.

(Didn't want to register an account just to answer one thread, so I figured I'd leave my two cents here.)

I'm assuming since invested items can't be pushed or pulled with allomantic powers or that other allomancers can't pull metals out of other allomancers that you can't manipulate allomantic metals. Which would significantly take away some of magnetos powers. Atium+non-metallic knife=dead Magneto.

That's a big assumption, though. But Vin's fight with TLR showed us that, with sufficient force, metals "in" (read: piercing) the body can be manipulated allomantically (despite what Kelsier thought). Marsh even showed us that Inquisitors can see the iron in people's blood, which is invisible to all other Coinshots and Lurchers. Because of this, I'd be willing to bet that a sufficiently strong Mistborn burning duralumin along with iron could rip metals out of another allomancer's stomach.

To me, that still leaves Magneto in the lead.

As much as I dig Kel, I'd have to say Magneto would win. As one of the comments there said, all Maggie would have to do is rip the metals out of Kelsier's stomach. Which he could do pretty easily, if you compare what he did to Wolverine.

Now, here comes an important question, though: is allomantic pewter ferrous? If it's not, there's a chance Magneto might not be able to manipulate it, which would help Kelsier out a bit. He could heal the damage done when the iron, steel, etc. was ripped out of him, and make him physically stronger, to boot.

However, Magneto isn't limited to Pushing and Pulling, and even though Kel wouldn't be wearing any metal for Magneto to manipulate, he'd still probably have a bag of coins. And if all else failed, he'd just rip the spires from Kredik Shaw and start throwing those around.

(Didn't want to register an account just to answer one thread, so I figured I'd leave my two cents here.)

No. Magneto can manipulate the entire elctromagnetic spectrum. His sheild, for instance is a form of energy not just a magnetic field. Fot instance it can stop cyclops' optic blast among the other energy weapons the humans used. Plus if nothing else magneto could manipulate the steel and iron inside Kel, and Kel cannot heal himself.

No. Magneto can manipulate the entire elctromagnetic spectrum.

Wait, seriously? Geez, that's what I get for not reading any Marvel comics since Age of Apocalypse. -_-;

If he can manipulate the entire EM spectrum, he's practically a god. Screw metals. He could just cook Kelsier with microwaves or kill him with x-rays/gamma rays.

Wait, seriously? Geez, that's what I get for not reading any Marvel comics since Age of Apocalypse. -_-;

If he can manipulate the entire EM spectrum, he's practically a god. Screw metals. He could just cook Kelsier with microwaves or kill him with x-rays/gamma rays.

or just blind him, or deprive him of light...

Yeah, I've decided that if i could have anyone's superpowers it'd be Magneto. He's my second favorite after wolverine :)

No. Magneto can manipulate the entire elctromagnetic spectrum. His sheild, for instance is a form of energy not just a magnetic field. Fot instance it can stop cyclops' optic blast among the other energy weapons the humans used. Plus if nothing else magneto could manipulate the steel and iron inside Kel, and Kel cannot heal himself.

Power creep, much?

Of course, Superheros (and their villans) seems to suffer from it regularly. Ah well.

How has Magneto not conquered the world yet, with a power like that?

Not for sure here, as I haven't read any Marvel comics, but I'd assume it's the X-men that have prevented him from conquering the world. Right? Seems logical to me at least.

Edited by Storm

yeah, but it's soo darn COOL!

Cool but unrealistic.

I never did like the "Mutants as a persecuted minority" bit. It makes no sense. In the real world, if people with such abilities really existed, they would de facto rule the world. Too many people would be willing to overlook their "freakishness" for personal gain, and even more would willingly give a mutant power over them in exchange for protection. Real discrimination would flow the other direction, and far more freely, and with far more justification.

I like Mistborn's version better: The power they Mistborn and Mistings have, even as it is more limited, is much more real in terms of how people use it.

In the real world, if people with such abilities really existed, they would de facto rule the world. Too many people would be willing to overlook their "freakishness" for personal gain, and even more would willingly give a mutant power over them in exchange for protection. Real discrimination would flow the other direction, and far more freely, and with far more justification.

Much like in White Wolf's Aberrant RPG.

<3 my Aberrant character.

Yeah, magneto would win hands down. He is way overpowered. Also, in regards to metals being ferrous and non-ferrous, magneto can manipulate both.

He's also used his power to manipulate gravity and generate wormholes before. Also, he somehow is able to channel his energy into his own body that makes him more powerful, more durable, and faster than the average human. He's seriously overpowered. No contest.

Even if we go with old-school, ferrous-metals-only Magneto, I think he wins.

Though... atium might throw a wrench in there. If it's Kelsier with a full belly of all the known metals, he's got some chances. Even better odds if he can set the stage somewhere that's short of ferrous metals, like out in the wastelands. Then Kelsier has the advantages of pewter and atium. Heck, maybe even bendalloy (though that's technically cheating, since bendalloy is meant to be unknown in the Final Empire).

But basically you need a low-power Maggy and a full-power Kelsier just to make the match interesting.

Edited by Inkthinker