Shards that various Cosmere characters would be best suited for

Nesh

So this is sort of a game, take a Cosmere character ad say what known Shard you would be best suited for and then justify it with a quite or other in book evidence.  There are a couple caveats:

1. Since we haven't actually seen anything of the "Shard that just wants to hide and survive" that one is ineligible.
  2. For characters that have Ascended like say Sazed or Dalinar (Yes, the Oathbringer spoiler is just for that mention of Dalinar) you must pick a Shard  whose power they haven't held in canon, it'd be too easy otherwise.

I'll start us off.  I think Vin would be well-suited for Cultivation.  As evidence I prevent this quote from Hero of Ages, it just seemed very Cultivation-y to me.  "I can't decide if you're a fool, (...) or if you simply exist in a way that makes you incapable of considering some things. (...) You said that the only reason to create something is to destroy it. (...) We create things to watch them grow, Ruin. (...) To take pleasure in seeing that which we love become more than it was before."

Wayne would make for an interesting Endowment. His concept of trading would give that Shard a whole new meaning... I can inagine it...

”You get this power to blow up planets, and I get your hat.”

Wayne would be a great Shard. 

On another note Denth might be an interesting Odium. He hated himself, and he hated Vasher, to the point that he was willing to commit atrocities. 

Kelsier could Pride, Defiance, Ambition, Survival, or even Autonomy. He is ambitious but I believe a lot of his story is one of never giving up and self-centered rule breaking. I don't think he is specifically a hateful person so I don't see Odium as a match.

Wax is close to Harmony. Destroy some to Preserve others. maybe Order.

Raoden is Hope.

Kaladin would be a good holder of Odium (maybe someday he will be :) ). A lot of his story arc is about him dealing with his own overwhelming hatred and anger towards others for things they've done. That's not to say he's a bad person, but nearly everyone who encounters him remarks on how brooding and angry he is. 

Jasnah as Aptitude (assuming that's one of the five remaining unknown Shards), Adolin as Devotion (if only for ironic reasons), Dilaf as Odium, Sadeas as Dominion, Kelsier as Ambition, Dalinar as Honour, and Shallan as Endowment owing to her tendency to always think of others over herself.

• Pagerunner changed the title to Shards that various Cosmere characters would be best suited for
  • Chaos locked this topic