A Second World Hopper

Mistborn Miah

I did spot him! I was trying to figure it out as I reread the interlude but it wasnt until one of his final comments when he mentioned the word "kayana". I recognized that from Elantris :)

Very subtle!

Good for you!:)

'Kayana' was also the giveaway for me. If you look carefully the description matches, and he also ends a sentence with 'friend' (ie sule) a couple times.

I completely missed that! I thought it was either a native language or from a Shardworld I didn't know, I never made the Elantris link! After all the effort Brandon went to in ensuring it could be seen by reinforcing Galladon's use of these phrases. I think the Interludes of Stormlight Archive are probably the most Comere-important parts, if not chapters involving Hoid.

Also as for why people with Cognitive access can't all world-hop, Jasnah seems to be able to transport only because of the Elsecall Surge. Maybe a similar form of Investiture must be given on the corresponding planet for corresponding Worldhoppers. Galladon may be able to worldhop just using the magic of Elantris (the rune that details transport), though this would mean he would be stranded when he arrived (so this is pretty void). 

Odium's_Shard

• 2 months later...

I think there must be something else to worldhopping that we just don't know about yet. Demoux, for one, doesn't have any access to Shadesmar, and while Galladon might have learned how to access it using AonDor, we know it's not a good place to be on Sel. And as has been mentioned, he'd then be stranded wherever he went.

Besides, there's that whole coming-out-of-a-magic-swimming-pool-in-the-mountains thing. 

Not sure how much I'd like it, but it would be interesting if Vasher turns out to have been a worldhopper who happened to die on Nalthis (perhaps a direct pact with Endowment) and Returned.  In which case, a few hundred years without his ancient memories would simply be a setback.

just read a WoB that someone who isn't a native Nalthian can't Return. 

And now I can't find it. I've been reading too many Q&A's. 

I've come with WoB to help this thread. 

QUESTION
The Ars Arcanum, is there an in-cosmere author of that?
BRANDON SANDERSON

Yes, it is in cosmere

QUESTION

Because it seems like it'd be written by someone like Hoid.

BRANDON SANDERSON

It's not him. I don't know if I've released who it is; but it's probably not who people are thinking but it is in-world

Link

Edited by Theorymaker

would someone be so kind as to post the WoB that indicates Zahel = Vasher

it certainly fits for Vasher---he mentions once to Vivenia (I'm having trouble finding the quote) that he had only recently gotten back from ~somewhere~ and found out about the current issues with Hallandren and Idris. (which he probably would have known about for a long long time, if he had been anywhere on Nathis)

Zahel, likewise, is obviously much more than he appears, but I had not suspected any connection to Vasher.

• Chaos locked this topic