Potentially new info

Dlyol

So I was reading through the new WOBs from Jordancon 10 and I noticed this interesting little titbit in an otherwise pretty innocuous WOB. Did we know this or is this new?

Questioner [PENDING REVIEW]

Are we gonna possibly get another Mistborn: Secret [History]?

Brandon Sanderson [PENDING REVIEW]

So, depends on my time. Like, Mistborn: Secret History, I started writing in 2006, and I released it in 2016. So, it took, like, 10 years to get that, because it was a side-project of a side-project. It's, like, so self-indulting, Mistborn: Secret History is.

So, Secret History 2, will I ever have time to do that? Well, it depends on if I can do it in a way I don't feel is interfering with the main Cosmere timeline. Because we would all like to see Secret History 2. But not if it means we don't get Stormlight 9, if that makes sense. It's gonna depend on my writing time, on how I'm feeling about various things. You are more likely to get it the more I work on Era 3, because Kelsier is a part of Era 3.

source

1 minute ago, Weltall said:

Yeah, he first revealed that tidbit a while ago.

Ah sorry, although this makes it sound as if Kelsier is a major role - my assumption since Secret History had been he would been in era 3 in a similar manner to how Marsh is in era 2

No worries, I remembered hearing about it but it took me a while to find the WoB that revealed it, because it doesn't have the Era 3 tag.

Questioner

At the end of the last Wax and Wayne book, which I love, that statue that they though was the Lord Ruler. It was Kelsier.

Brandon Sanderson

That was Kelsier.

Questioner

Ok. I thought so, because the way the other thing ended with the eye, the eye thing was throwing me off and then I went and grabbed the secret thing and I was like "No that can't..."

Brandon Sanderson

That is Kelsier.

Questioner

And will we find out more in the next Wax and Wayne book or do we need to wait and find out more later?

Brandon Sanderson

You will find out more in the Wax and Wayne book, really that that's going on there is foreshadowing for era 3, and for future Secret History stories if I do them. So the Wax and Wayne books are not about the return of Kelsier, but the return of Kelsier is very important for later things in the series.

source

• Chaos locked this topic