[OB] Confirmation of the spren of Willshapers and Stonewards

MountainKing

Questioner [PENDING REVIEW]

Lightspren, the ones who like to travel, are they the Willshaper spren? I thought it was pretty obvious. 

Brandon Sanderson [PENDING REVIEW]

Yeah

source

The cracked stone spren that we saw, we didn't get a name for them, are they the Stoneward spren?

Yes- Oh wait, yes.

Do they have a name you can canonize right now?

No, I don't.

source

1 hour ago, MountainKing said:

I don't edit the Arc Arcanum, I just go through it looking for new information.

Having questions of mine spread around the internet before I even have a chance to get home from the con and add atributation is the best kind of "problem" I could have. By all means keep doing what you're doing!

I thought these were all pretty intuitive, but I had heard some other opinions so I'm glad we finally have confirmation.

There's also this

[PENDING REVIEW]

The mistspren, who were on the <??> ship, are they radiantspren?

No they are not.

source

Which I think is really exciting. There was a bit of a debate whether these were truthwatcher or skybreaker spren. So instead what could they be? 

15 minutes ago, Ciridae said:

There's also this

Which I think is really exciting. There was a bit of a debate whether these were truthwatcher or skybreaker spren. So instead what could they be? 

Not sure what you mean? They're not Radiant spren, they're spren who are sapient, that aren't affiliated with the Knights.

6 minutes ago, MountainKing said:

This is also really exciting because all sentient spren that weren't radiantspren don't seem to associate with radiantspren but now we have an example.

Yeah, I'm really glad this was asked!

2 hours ago, MountainKing said:

I always thought they were truthwatchers spren because they are called light spren and truthwatchers spren appear as reflected light

I was talking with my brother (who is not on the internet) about this before the con, and he thought the same thing. So you're definitely not alone in that, and that's another part of why I asked it.

2 hours ago, RShara said:

Not sure what you mean? They're not Radiant spren, they're spren who are sapient, that aren't affiliated with the Knights.

Exactly. As far as I know people have been trying to match them with one of the orders. Knowing that they are not affiliated at all is pretty cool. The only other sapient spren we've seen so far (on Roshar) that weren't associated with an order were voidspren. I just think it's interesting. 

7 hours ago, Ciridae said:

There's also this

My money is on "bleeding over from Scadrial."  I'm not sure why or how that works, but I can't help but think that mistspren originate from Scadrial's Cognitive Realm that developed sapience due to how Roshar works with regards to Splinters.

4 hours ago, dvoraen said:

My money is on "bleeding over from Scadrial."  I'm not sure why or how that works, but I can't help but think that mistspren originate from Scadrial's Cognitive Realm that developed sapience due to how Roshar works with regards to Splinters.

I like that idea. Celebrant is closeish to the beginning of the expanse of vapours. I'm pretty sure someone asked Brandon about either Splinters of Harmony or Preservation but I can't remember what the answer was and I'm having trouble finding anything on the arcanum... 

2 hours ago, Ciridae said:

Has it? Maybe that's the WoB that I was looking for. Do you have it handy? 

Alex Hetu

If you went to Shadesmar on Scadrial would there be spren there?

Brandon Sanderson

"Spren" is a term for things on Roshar. So yes, there are a few, but they're from Roshar originally.

source

Last sentence is most important.

7 hours ago, MountainKing said:

Last sentence is most important.

Cool! I don't remember seeing this one before. He's said so many times that spren don't know how to get off world and yet. It'd be interesting to know at what time there are spren in Scadrial's CR. 

• Chaos locked this topic