Brandon's Next Book

Oh, have a little faith in the man. ;)He's only 38 years old, he's got some time. :)

No, the thing that's frustrating to me is that "Stones Unhallowed" will be released approximately in 2015.

That's fine, but I was hoping he'd publish it the next year. (Normally, I wouldn't want this, but I was just called to serve an LDS mission in Toronto, Canada, and I don't want my older brother mailing me Stormlight Spoilers while I'm out. :P)

For those who wonder how Brandon gets so many things written so quickly his website sometimes gives you a big clue. He's developed some kind of technique for skipping the second draft of a book and jumping straight into the third. I think he did it with Firefight - 1st draft 100%, 3rd draft 60%.

Manipulating reality like that must be really handy for a writer. If he were a chef he'd undoubtedly make the starter, skip the main course then make the dessert yet somehow give you a full three course meal.

I know there's an explanation for that somewhere. It has something to do with his second draft not being a true draft, in the strictest sense of the term. I feel like it only takes a day or two, and that's why it never gets mentioned on the site. That could be horribly wrong, however

I know there's an explanation for that somewhere. It has something to do with his second draft not being a true draft, in the strictest sense of the term. I feel like it only takes a day or two, and that's why it never gets mentioned on the site. That could be horribly wrong, however

Ah, I see what you're doing there. You're assuming some sort of mundane, non reality-warping, sensible explanation but you're not seeing that that just wouldn't explain how Brandon keeps up his output of original fiction...

... that and waking up in the mornings to discover short stories scrawled on his bedsheets. Peter's main duty is actually photocopying Brandon's bedding before returning it washed and ironed.

... that and waking up in the mornings to discover short stories scrawled on his bedsheets. Peter's main duty is actually photocopying Brandon's bedding before returning it washed and ironed.

So (WoR spoiler)

Brandon is actually Taravangian? Uh oh.

Edited by Delightful

@loganmatthewjohnson: You're going to let a silly little thing like a mission stop you from reading Sanderson? What else is p-day for?

(And, to ensure no hard feelings, I'm LDS as well and mean nothing more than this foolish quip than for it to be a foolish quip).

Oh, have a little faith in the man. ;)He's only 38 years old, he's got some time. :)No, the thing that's frustrating to me is that "Stones Unhallowed" will be released approximately in 2015.That's fine, but I was hoping he'd publish it the next year. (Normally, I wouldn't want this, but I was just called to serve an LDS mission in Toronto, Canada, and I don't want my older brother mailing me Stormlight Spoilers while I'm out. :P)

I'm not sure how the whole mission thing works, so forgive me, but I don't quite understand what you mean by this?

• Chaos locked this topic