Canton of Combat

Nohadon

On 1/12/2019 at 11:20 PM, Nohadon said:

"Not as much as I should, considering we're allies. I know about the tech, the space marines and the chapter system, I've sparred with Devaan's blood angels."

@Grey Knight

The Space Marine glanced over at Silphio. It’s body language might have betrayed surprise, though it was impossible to tell through the slabs of ceramite armor plating.

”You haven’t heard the news, then,” it grumbled, turning back to the tomb. “The Black Crusade is leaving, Silphio. There are... things-“ it said this with a grimace, shifting its position slightly- “out there, beyond this star, that demand immediate extermination. All the Chapters are pulling out.” It let out a heavy breath, the helm’s speakers distorting the sound into another growl. “It’s not a good time to be completely rebuilding our alliance.”

@Nohadon

Sorry about the delay. Don’t know why I waited so long to reply.

Edited by Grey Knight

On 1/18/2019 at 5:19 AM, Grey Knight said:

”You haven’t heard the news, then,” it grumbled, turning back to the tomb. “The Black Crusade is leaving, Silphio. There are... things-“ it said this with a grimace, shifting its position slightly- “out there, beyond this star, that demand immediate extermination. All the Chapters are pulling out.” It let out a heavy breath, the helm’s speakers distorting the sound into another growl. “It’s not a good time to be completely rebuilding our alliance.”

"Ah hell." Silphio grimaced. The Black crusade leaving would get rid of one of the Canton's biggest allies.

"I would like to request the blood angels to stay here. They are all officially Canton members, Devaan did the paperwork and I have it in the office. Give them the option to stay here. They are a huge asset that we would be missing."

Silphio watched the iron-clad figure, waiting for any sign of expression.

@Grey Knight

On 1/20/2019 at 1:49 AM, Nohadon said:

"Ah hell." Silphio grimaced. The Black crusade leaving would get rid of one of the Canton's biggest allies.

"I would like to request the blood angels to stay here. They are all officially Canton members, Devaan did the paperwork and I have it in the office. Give them the option to stay here. They are a huge asset that we would be missing."

Silphio watched the iron-clad figure, waiting for any sign of expression.

"That won't be her call," a new voice said.

Another Space Marine, this one helmless, stepped from the shadows. His armor was a polished jet black, with a stylized black cross set on white pauldrons. Chains wrapped around his arms and the golden mace he held. His face, though- his face was soft, with gentle brown eyes.

The newcomer nodded towards the terminator, murmuring "Honerva," before turning back to Silphio.

"My name is Grimaldus," he said. "You'll have to talk to Forgefather He'Stan about the Blood Angels. We-" he shot a glare at the bone-white terminator, Honerva, at this point- "are here for something else entirely, young Silphio."

@Nohadon

Edited by Grey Knight

9 hours ago, Grey Knight said:

"That won't be her call," a new voice said.

Another Space Marine, this one helmless, stepped from the shadows. His armor was a polished jet black, with a stylized black cross set on white pauldrons. Chains wrapped around his arms and the golden mace he held. His face, though- his face was soft, with gentle brown eyes.

The newcomer nodded towards the terminator, murmuring "Honerva," before turning back to Silphio.

"My name is Grimaldus," he said. "You'll have to talk to Forgefather He'Stan about the Blood Angels. We-" he shot a glare at the bone-white terminator, Honerva, at this point- "are here for something else entirely, young Silphio."

@Nohadon

“And that is?”

On 1/24/2019 at 8:40 PM, Nohadon said:

“And that is?”

Another terminator with a skull helm, grey-armored and draped in furs, stepped from behind a tomb. 

"An honor not bestowed upon a mortal for thousands of years," it snarled. Its bright red eyes seemed to glare at Silphio. "One last gift to this rock, before we embark on our crusades."

The graveyard began to glow, motes of Investiture swirling between the coffins and tombstones. They gathered in clumps, giant humanoids slowly forming from the light. With sharp cracks, more Space Marines materialized, each one in different colors and heraldry- but all had the same skull helm.

@Nohadon

On 1/26/2019 at 11:15 PM, Nohadon said:

Silphio’s torso was immediately coated in thick armour, the bone armour spread down to his legs, arms and neck.

”What are you doing?”

The furry Space Marine snorted at the sight, hefting its golden mace and walking towards Silphio.

A huge hand clasped Silphio's shoulder. "We're not here to fight," Honerva said.

"You'd be dead if we were, whelp!" the furry Space Marine shouted.

The gathered crowd of Space Marines seemed to ignore him. Honerva continued to look at Silphio. "We are chaplains, neophyte," she said. "Priests of the Emperor, spiritual advisors and ministers. We are His voice, on the field of battle and in the darkened backroom. And we," she continued, looking up and the rows of skulls staring at Silphio, "have decided to make you one of us."

@Nohadon

13 hours ago, Grey Knight said:

The furry Space Marine snorted at the sight, hefting its golden mace and walking towards Silphio.

A huge hand clasped Silphio's shoulder. "We're not here to fight," Honerva said.

"You'd be dead if we were, whelp!" the furry Space Marine shouted.

The gathered crowd of Space Marines seemed to ignore him. Honerva continued to look at Silphio. "We are chaplains, neophyte," she said. "Priests of the Emperor, spiritual advisors and ministers. We are His voice, on the field of battle and in the darkened backroom. And we," she continued, looking up and the rows of skulls staring at Silphio, "have decided to make you one of us."

@Nohadon

Silphio subtly slipped his hand into his pocket, two nicrocil cards lay there. 

"And what would that entail? I don't intend to become a space marine anytime soon"

@Grey Knight

Edited by Nohadon

On 1/29/2019 at 1:56 AM, Nohadon said:

Silphio subtly slipped his hand into his pocket, two nicrocil cards lay there. 

"And what would that entail? I don't intend to become a space marine anytime soon"

Honerva ignored him.

"Kneel, child," she growled. "Sisters and brothers, this is Silphio Shamus. He has been chosen to lead the Knights of Blood in their first crusade."

The gathered chaplains stamped their maces against the ground. The echo reverberated through the catacomb, causing the gravel on Devaan's tomb to jump.

@Nohadon

Honerva dropped to a knee, falling to Silphio's eye level. "Are you worthy?" she asked, her skull staring at him with hollow eyes. "Do you, a mortal of less than a century, deserve this honor?"

Silphio smiled at her.

”An honor isn’t deserved by anyone, but earned through work. I believe I have worked enough”

Honerva stood.

”Then rise, Silphio Shamus, Chaptermaster of the Knights of Blood”

Silphio rose.

this ends era 2 for the Canton of Combat, any post afterwards will be in Era 3. 

Silphio walked back into the canton of combat. He sat down at his desk and opened a drawer, sure enough there was a false back to it. It hid a black book. The first page read.

The log of Devaan Sheonar. Founder of the canton of combat.

Whoever is reading this has found my book, that most probably means you are the next canton leader. You may have beaten me in a duel for leadership, or been elected after my inevitable death. Regardless, may the knowledge inside this book provide all the help you can get.

Adonalsium knows you'll need it.

Silphio stayed up all night, reading the book. He finished it just when a guard mentioned that she was getting worried and Silphio should take a break. He was troubled at the contents of the book. But at the same time, he was eternally grateful. He now had full access to Devaan's contacts all across the alley verse. He quickly made copies of the book and sent them to Max and Astiel. They should read through it as well.

Silphio then decided to have a rest, falling asleep in his canton chair.

• 2 weeks later...

Jacien walked into the canton headquarters. He was supposed to have come a while ago, but right after the fight with Silphio to prove himself and whatnot, he had quickly gotten sucked into other business.

“Hello.” He said. “I’m here to register with the Canton.”

Seymour, the head of reception woke up from his desk shift.

"W-what?" He replied, before he realised what was going on. He snapped into action

"I need your name, Investiture, who recruited you, what branch you're in and fighting ability. I'll also need to know if you need food, accomodation and what pay was agreed on" 

Edited by Nohadon

Jacien nods. 

“My name is Jacien Aican,  I am a second ideal Edgedancer, but I also have the surge of division. I’m skilled with swords and knives and have some experience with throwing weapons. Silphio recruited me, and I’m not entirely certain which branch it was for. He just came into the Odd Job tavern, and told me if me and a few others could beat him then we would have a job. The others dropped out along the way. I believe the pay was 10 C wage, and I could stay in canton housing.”

• 2 weeks later...

A woman walked up to the building. She was wearing wide, comfortable trousers, her hair bound back in a loose ponytail, one covered by an eye-patch. Acress her back, she had strapped a staff, barrying a bag at her side, that seemed to be a bit too full, but somehow she had manged to close it.

She stopped and then alked up so the first person she saw.

"Hello."

she greeted and smiled apologetically.

"It's been a few years, but I remember a friend telling me something about the Canton and that you teach people? Is that still the case, or am I completely wrong?

She laughed awkwardly,

"Wait, this is the canton? Sorry, I asked the wrong question first."

Her hand toyed with a piece of rope hanging out of her bag.

@Nohadon

On 4/7/2019 at 7:33 AM, Sunbringer said:

Jacien nods. 

“My name is Jacien Aican,  I am a second ideal Edgedancer, but I also have the surge of division. I’m skilled with swords and knives and have some experience with throwing weapons. Silphio recruited me, and I’m not entirely certain which branch it was for. He just came into the Odd Job tavern, and told me if me and a few others could beat him then we would have a job. The others dropped out along the way. I believe the pay was 10 C wage, and I could stay in canton housing.”

"Fantastic. Rooms are down the hallway to the left. You'll be staying in dorm 4, bunk 12." Seymour handed him a key. 
"This is the key to your strongbox. Use it to store any valuables you want to keep near you. The canton is pretty safe, but you can never be to carful with your belongings"

On 4/15/2019 at 8:00 PM, Sorana said:

A woman walked up to the building. She was wearing wide, comfortable trousers, her hair bound back in a loose ponytail, one covered by an eye-patch. Across her back, she had strapped a staff, barrying a bag at her side, that seemed to be a bit too full, but somehow she had manged to close it.

"This is the Canton of Combat. yes." Seymour smiled at the Woman
"If you would like to train you have some options. You can pay for training at two chrysts a session, each session lasts an hour and you can schedule as many as you like. Another option is you join the canton of combat. Training is free and you'll have unlimited access to the facilities." Seymour paused for a moment.

"The third option is to go to Scadrial. We run a training ground atop the second highest Seran mountain. It has basic and advanced training, but it takes a lot of determination to be able to climb to the top. It's a long-term stay. Leave when you wish, but people who emerge from the training grounds are some of the most skilled fighters out there"

Devaan entered the canton of combat. Nodding to Seymour, he'd already been filled in on his current... Predicament. Max and Althea followed close by. Walking down a long hallway that led out of the main room and reaching the end of it, they came to a door that had "Canton Armoury" Engraved on it. Two guards stood outside the door.

"Clearance code?" One of the guards asked Devaan

"Ruddy you damnation well know I don't need clearance"

"Yes sir" He smiled and let the group through, nodding to Althea and saluting Max.

Inside was a large storage area. It contained a large amount of weapons, armour, tech and investiture supplies.

"Anything you two want?"

30 minutes ago, Nohadon said:

Devaan entered the canton of combat. Nodding to Seymour, he'd already been filled in on his current... Predicament. Max and Althea followed close by. Walking down a long hallway that led out of the main room and reaching the end of it, they came to a door that had "Canton Armoury" Engraved on it. Two guards stood outside the door.

"Clearance code?" One of the guards asked Devaan

"Ruddy you damnation well know I don't need clearance"

"Yes sir" He smiled and let the group through, nodding to Althea and saluting Max.

Inside was a large storage area. It contained a large amount of weapons, armour, tech and investiture supplies.

"Anything you two want?"

Sorry, I have something that needs to happen when they get there. I didn't expect Althea to come to the Canton sometime soon.

=================

30 minutes ago, Nohadon said:

"This is the Canton of Combat. yes." Seymour smiled at the Woman
"If you would like to train you have some options. You can pay for training at two chrysts a session, each session lasts an hour and you can schedule as many as you like. Another option is you join the canton of combat. Training is free and you'll have unlimited access to the facilities." Seymour paused for a moment.

"The third option is to go to Scadrial. We run a training ground atop the second highest Seran mountain. It has basic and advanced training, but it takes a lot of determination to be able to climb to the top. It's a long-term stay. Leave when you wish, but people who emerge from the training grounds are some of the most skilled fighters out there"

"Thank you."

Damaya smiled as well, mentally reached out for Koyeda.

"I'm afraid I can't go to the training grounds, I need to stay close to an ocean."

"You know how to fight aerial enemies, I assume?"

===================

Althea followed Max and Devaan to the Canton, smiling in greeting at Seymour. She'd been here a few times during the last year, with Max of course. He was talking to a woman, a traveller as it looked, and she ignored her, until she saw her face. She grabbed Max arm, but didn't stop until they were inside.

"Tell me you saw her. Her face, her hair?"

@I think I am here.

10 minutes ago, Sorana said:

Althea followed Max and Devaan to the Canton, smiling in greeting at Seymour. She'd been here a few times during the last year, with Max of course. He was talking to a woman, a traveller as it looked, and she ignored her, until she saw her face. She grabbed Max arm, but didn't stop until they were inside.

"Tell me you saw her. Her face, her hair?"

Max smiled and saluted to Seymour. Good lad. He felt Althea grab his arm, and when they were inside she spoke.

“Who?” Max asked, looking behind him. “That new woman?”