Noble Gowns

Shallan's Ward

So, I have not seen it discussed anywhere and kinds wanted to open it to discussion. When you read Mistborn and they mention the gowns. What do you imagine?

I'll be honest, I thought along the lines of 18th century Versailles fashion: something like this.Screenshot_2018-01-14-22-41-25.thumb.png.06243e5576e03610c66c8f1f0e8e42ad.png

So I was wondering what y'all thought.

Scadrial's mentioned to be the Cosmere's big Earth-analogue so it's probably safe to assume that with the exception of things like the mistcloks, its fashion would be more familiar to our eyes than on some of the other worlds. In reflecting on Rashek's actions, Sazed mentions in the epigraphs that Rashek appropriated the fashions of Khlennium for the nobles and we know that pre-Final Empire the world had steam power but hadn't quite gotten to the train, (and the Khlenni were apparently the leaders there too, being where pocketwatches came from) so fashion probably should track the styles of the early nineteenth century that they seem to represent, or at least their fashion should be pretty close to it. Here's wikipedia's summary, which might give a good idea what Scadiran gowns of the Final Empire era would look like.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1795–1820_in_Western_fashion#Gowns

• Chaos locked this topic